Review Winners and losers 2022 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

images

And bless Jim for having sons - there is another Michalanney coming through next year that seems to be starting to catch the eye at junior level

We might not have 'won' the 2022 draft, but Max looks a super talent

images

And bless Jim for having sons - there is another Michalanney coming through next year that seems to be starting to catch the eye at junior level

We might not have 'won' the 2022 draft, but Max looks a super talent

You won the trade period with Rankine who has had by far the biggest impact at his new club than anyone else.
Ready made and developed AA calibre player who has fitted in like a glove at West Lakes.

You won the trade period with Rankine who has had by far the biggest impact at his new club than anyone else.
Ready made and developed AA calibre player who has fitted in like a glove at West Lakes.
Always had the talent did Izak..just needed to harness it consistently. But with Izak and Max, we have done well from that trade / draft period and young Dowling has looked good in the SANFL so far but will be a slow burn..so 2022 looks good for us

Always had the talent did Izak..just needed to harness it consistently. But with Izak and Max, we have done well from that trade / draft period and young Dowling has looked good in the SANFL so far but will be a slow burn..so 2022 looks good for us

You guys arguably now have better young talent than Port Adelaide (least development wise)

I think you will knock us off on Thursday Night ...

Mitchell/Hill having a Big Influence at Collingwood so far

That keen to see Wardlaw. He’ll be the best from this draft. Also wanna see hotton from the saints get back from injury
If the body holds up will be a star. Explosive power combined with sheer mental willpower. Hope he's not another Nathan Freeman.
Still a few weeks off fitness wise, but his defensive intensity stands out. Almost manic.

So, does everyone still think the Swans went early on Michalanney and Rowston??

They both look very promising and valid 1st round picks/bids to me...
Not at all and i will bet that the swans would have loved michalanney in their back 6..lad is going to be something special

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I think it's a bit of a joke Michalanney qualified as father son given his dad never played a single game for Adelaide, in fact the rules for both SA clubs are just weird. Port should have access to 100 game players from Port Adelaide in the Sanfl, Adelaide should have just had to wait until their father sons qualified, or at the very least some sort of combination of say 50 games for their AFL side then 50 for a Sanfl side.

I read somewhere Jim Michalanney didn't even technically play the required amount of games for father son under the current law, but the AFL just gave a special allowance, but I haven't looked in to it enough to know the full story.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now and fair play to the Crows, he was made available to them and they have definitely snagged a good one, he plays like he's played 100 games already.

Last edited:
Honestly I think it's a bit of a joke Michalanney qualified as father son given his dad never played a single game for Adelaide, in fact the rules for both SA clubs are just weird. Port should have access to 100 game players from Port Adelaide in the Sanfl, Adelaide should have just had to wait until their father sons qualified, or at the very least some sort of combination of say 50 games for their AFL side then 50 for a Sanfl side.

I read somewhere technically Jim Michalanney didn't even technically play the required amount of games for father son under the current law, but the AFL just gave a special allowance, but I haven't looked in to it enough to know the full story.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now and fair play to the Crows, he was made available to them and they have definitely snagged a good one, he plays like he's played 100 games already.
Mate..if jim didn't play the required 200 games for norwood, rucci etc would have been all over it like a rash. Finally we benefit from a rule that looked like it would have come and gone without yielding anything of note....and Max has a younger brother🙂

I read somewhere technically Jim Michalanney didn't even technically play the required amount of games for father son under the current law, but the AFL just gave a special allowance, but I haven't looked in to it enough to know the full story.

Luckily he kept a low profile otherwise it would have been Gibbs 2.0 again ;)

Why should Port get access to players from their SANFL side yet Crows need to have senior players play 100 games?

That would make zero sense.

And?

If one club in SA can get father sons from their affiliated lower-league side, then the other should also.
They already had the benefit of being first to join the AFL in the state, therefore having first access to SA players.

I dont know, I guess I'm in the minority. I just don't understand how you can have a father son from a guy that had no affiliation to your club at all. Like I said, they could have made it more lenient if it's absolutely necessary in that they at least played 50 games for Adelaide.

This goes for Port too, the current law states we have access to anyone who's father played 200 games with Port Adelaide Magpies, North Adelaide, West Adelaide, Central District, Woodville or West Torrens. I would honestly just rather 100 game Port Adelaide players and drop the other teams.

They already had the benefit of being first to join the AFL in the state, therefore having first access to SA players.

I dont know, I guess I'm in the minority. I just don't understand how you can have a father son from a guy that had no affiliation to your club at all. Like I said, they could have made it more lenient if it's absolutely necessary in that they at least played 50 games for Adelaide.

This goes for Port too, the current law states we have access to anyone who's father played 200 games with Port Adelaide Magpies, North Adelaide, West Adelaide, Central District, Woodville or West Torrens. I would honestly just rather 100 game Port Adelaide players and drop the other teams.
They probably shouldn't have an affiliation now, they've been in the comp long enough. That I can agree with.

WCE, Freo, Port and Adelaide should all only have access to FS players whose dad's played for the AFL side these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back