Review Winners and losers 2022 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice try champ but Scully wasn't the priority pick, he was always going to go at #1

Try some other angle, we feel the same way about danster
Quick search says Scully was picked using a priority pick.

Whether you would’ve used your pick on him had you not received the priority pick is irrelevant. The facts are you were granted one and used it on Scully.

Whether you would’ve used your pick on him had you not received the priority pick is irrelevant. The facts are you were granted one and used it on Scully.
I think the point is that the "extra" pick was used on Trengove.

I think the point is that the "extra" pick was used on Trengove.
I understand that’s what the poster is getting at, but it’s impossible to say that they definitely would or wouldn’t have picked up Scully regardless. As history is written, the priority pick was used on Scully and their number two pick was used on Trengove. Scully and Trengove were both universally viewed as consensus number one picks.

I understand that’s what the poster is getting at, but it’s impossible to say that they definitely would or wouldn’t have picked up Scully regardless. As history is written, the priority pick was used on Scully and their number two pick was used on Trengove. Scully and Trengove were both universally viewed as consensus number one picks.
It really isn't. When it's the first two picks in the draft you take them in order.

It really isn't. When it's the first two picks in the draft you take them in order.
This is one of this situations where you don’t necessarily need to have the last word mate. The history books say that Melbourne received a priority pick and they used it on Scully. You can play your game of whataboutism all you like, I prefer to look at facts.

LOL, nice one champ, but Melbourne would have taken Scully without the priority pick.

Good try but no cigar

LOL, nice one champ, but Melbourne would have taken Scully without the priority pick.

Good try but no cigar
Would have could have.

You used the priority pick on Scully. You lying and denying that doesn’t change anything.

Would have could have.

You used the priority pick on Scully. You lying and denying that doesn’t change anything.

Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it true

If it helps you sleep at night then go ahead, believe whatever you want, it won't change reality.

lol

Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it true

If it helps you sleep at night then go ahead, believe whatever you want, it won't change reality.

lol

Attachments

• 469749D5-EF5C-46B3-BB7D-CEC15EA819E1.jpeg
    469749D5-EF5C-46B3-BB7D-CEC15EA819E1.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 75C82617-6B09-4294-B50D-595817500D50.jpeg
    75C82617-6B09-4294-B50D-595817500D50.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 83

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did he go higher then Phillipou?
I know it's early days for these kids (,although some on the geelong board are very concerned Clarke doesn't look even VFL standard yet).
Honestly not the right person to ask that, I think Humphrey will be a better overall player but Phillipou is going to be an absolute jet too.

I know it's early days for these kids (,although some on the geelong board are very concerned Clarke doesn't look even VFL standard yet).
If Clark doesn’t make the grade I’m sure the AFL will give the cats a priority pick as compensation…

I know every clubs posters rate there own haul in the draft and it still very early days, but to bring in Sheezel wardlaw and brayden george (acl recovery permitting) with our first 3 picks is right up there with what Stkilda did in this draft

I think West Coast's 2022 haul is looking very, very good atm.
Ginbey, Culley, Long all looking good and are b22 already even without injuries.
And I think Hewett will show more than just bursts as he builds that tank.

Don't know the last time we had 2 rising star noms in such a short period.

There's a handful of Debbie Downers and moaners like there are on every team board and in every supporter base. They're not representative.

Geelong, probably because we've had strong teams for most of the last 15 years, have always seemed happy to pick slightly longer-term project players who will be given time to develop, instead of "instant plug and play" types. So having people complain he's not an AFL star after 4 VFL games is a bit silly.

My understanding was that Humphrey was regarded as less of a flight risk than Phillipou. Makes sense to go with a safer option re: retention given the situation at Gold Coast.

Humphrey probably not a flight risk. Poo wants to play in Melbourne or SA.

I think Humphrey is the type of guy you can build the culture of a side around. Really good head on his shoulders (not saying the Poo isn't).

Have to say we hit gold with Max Michaelanny. Won't win the Rising Star, but he's been a jet from game 1.
And the best part? A rabid Crows fan with no flight risk.

There was a reason we bid on the bloke, and a lot of people thought it was a "spite" bid, it wasn't he was well worth the selection. Looks just so composed and always makes the right decision under pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back