Review Winners and losers 2022 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know if the saints are winners, but I am wrapped with our swag.

Not sure about Keeler but if he gets it together it's been a real solid draft for the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winners are Hawthorn for knowing who they want and trading in for them.

Losers are Hawthorn for losing most of next year's hand in a rebuilding year.

They have made some very important decisions. Will be interesting to see if it pays off.

Some clubs displayed a clear drafting strategy which I found interesting.

Eagles clear strategy of pace and power through the stoppage.

Hawthorn loading up on big players with the scope of playing in the middle .

Blues getting a lot of hard running machines.

Winners:
Carlton:
Hollands is quality and fills a need, Cowan too, Binns - I love the double up of attacking a need aggressively, and Lemmey is a great value pick. If he fails, fine, if he succeeds everyone will look silly for dropping him down so far.

North:
I don't really love the first 2 but they're very good, George a great value buy, and Cooper Harvey IMO can play.

West Coast:
Brand new midfield in one draft that should all play fairly quickly, plus a nice value small forward

St Kilda:
Phillipou an absolute steal, then took some high upside talls and got a nice slider in Hotton

Losers:

Not sure there's too many.

Maybe Freo - just not sure they maximised that hand of picks in the 30's and 40's. But they have a fairly stacked list so I get it.

GWS - Cadman's fantastic of course. Just a question of whether they maximised the other 4 picks. I think they've done ok, but it will be interesting to see if Jones does become a quality small forward if he's used in that role. Konstantly and Clarke being right there and not getting either of them is interesting. Rowston looks a good player but they just didn't get maximum value. Be interesting to see where Gruzewski fits. I like the McMullin pick.

A lot of teams, including my own, only have the 1-2 picks. I know they can grab more in the rookie and SSP but I think these kids can play and it was a deeper draft than first reported.

Port height.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Winners are Hawthorn for knowing who they want and trading in for them.

Losers are Hawthorn for losing most of next year's hand in a rebuilding year.

They have made some very important decisions. Will be interesting to see if it pays off.

Hawks still have a pick in every round next year

Very happy Blue

Hollands will be a gun
Cowan is AFL ready and tough
Binns is another elite outside runner
Lemmy is raw but has time

Given our list and where we are at they are great additions

The top 3 could easily play and influence 2023

Carlton clearly went for athletic attributes thats for sure. If it comes off it will be very good.

Ours was apart from pure talent, speed. Think all 4 would be sub-3 seconds for the 20m sprint. Including Hotton and Van Es both being around 2.92sec. Phillipou 2.99 and Keeler looks very quick for his size.

North got my faves other than mackenzie
Eagles did really well if I look at how you rebuild
Saints and hawks not too shabby either.
Blues should be happy with the picks

Dons went alright. Cant have asked for more with a davey bid that late and munkara as a freebie.
Whatever worth phantom drafts have - other than jayden, all our picks at one point were top 20 rated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back