Review Winners and Losers of the Trade Period 2022

Who won trade week 2022? (up to 3 selections)

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 116 21.9%
  • Richmond

Votes: 173 32.6%
  • Geelong

Votes: 348 65.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 58 10.9%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 165 31.1%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Essendon

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Freo

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • West Coast

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • North Melb

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • Stkilda

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Sydney

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong, Richmond, Brisbane.

Port also did very well, and Melb did as good as could be expected. I thnk if Freo had landed Sharpe they would have done extremely well as well, but they lost quite a few players who were playing well so it is a little hard to judge for them.

Richmond - Big fan of Taranto and Hopper, boosts their midfield stocks immensely
Geelong - pick 7 and Bowes for nothing
Brisbane - Dunkley is immense, Gunston adds great experience
Port - did well in the jhf and rioli trades

Losers
Hawthorn - I understand why they did it, but they still lost Gunston, Mitchell and O Meara for very little
Gold Coast - obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong and Richmond
Poort would have won it if they get Esava

Losers are definitely Hawthorn and Gold coast..
I reckon the Hawks will struggle next year big time through the middle and up forward. Gold coast just keep showing that they're the basket case of the league

Think most of the top 8 teams have improved the list and the bottom 8 mostly stagnated
True, so many good sides just got a whole lot better

Geelong - big, big win
Richmond - big, big win
Brisbane - big win

Can see a real improvement in the top end next year, factoring some natural development in the Sydney squad

St Kilda did nothing really and I don't know if they were in a position to do that and back in current player development.
If I was a St Kilda fan I’d rather back the clubs development than continue shelling out draft picks and big contracts on players.

Having little involvement is not the worst outcome for them.

If I was a St Kilda fan I’d rather back the clubs development than continue shelling out draft picks and big contracts on players.

Leading up to trade period the club said we were going in on the draft, committed to that during trade period, yet people seem confused as to why we didn't do a lot....

As for winners, Geelong by a mile.

That's fair. Personally not optimistic with their players to go up a level bar Gresham, King and Windhager.

Back