Review Winners and losers of Trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight, can we now put Brisbane in the losing category for trade week?

Christensen's been great.

Beams has been playing a solo role in the mids with cameos from Rich after Hanley and Rockliff's injuries.

Unless injuries and form are attributable to trades, I'm still pretty comfortable with the Lions' trade week and bringing in quality players.

In hindsight, can we now put Brisbane in the losing category for trade week?

You cannot, as trade outcomes are not decided after 6 matches :rolleyes:

That being said, Brisbane are struggling with their bookends very young, with an average age of 20; but the same cannot be said for Dayne Beams who is Top 10 AFL in several midfield categories. As for Christensen, he's performing well for someone that only did a tiny bit of running in the pre-season after back surgery.

I am sure that you will see a very talented midfield perform better later this year once they play some actual football together :thumbsu:

Beams - 10th in disposals and 6th in contested possessions while getting tagged most weeks. Yep, definitely a failed trade.

Beams - 10th in disposals and 6th in contested possessions while getting tagged most weeks. Yep, definitely a failed trade.

Those the Team has only Beaten the Blues and has look a worse side then the side then the Side Looked at the End of last season

Those the Team has only Beaten the Blues and has look a worse side then the side then the Side Looked at the End of last season
Brisbane would be a much, much worse side without him.

Very happy with T Boyd, and it looks like Griff getting tagged has let the other GWS mids off the leash a little. Can we call it a win/win yet?

What are you on about?

- Beams has nothing to do with how we're performing. He can only play his role and he's doing it extremely well at the moment.
- Injuries to key players has set up back.
- Most of our team is filled with second and third year players.
- We've always been slow starters.

Using your logic though you can easily say Collingwood have been worse compared to the start of last year. You've only managed to beat the lower sides and got completely got out played when faced up against a top eight side.

Brisbane would be a much, much worse side without him.

Very happy with T Boyd, and it looks like Griff getting tagged has let the other GWS mids off the leash a little. Can we call it a win/win yet?

Boyd is a super win for the Dogs...Griffen is a good player and all, but will be retiring just as Boyd will be peaking :thumbsu:

I think you Brisbane fans are a bit delusional.

Firstly, were Beams and Christensen the players you needed? Most people, including myself, were saying this before the trade happened, but we got shot down.

Secondly, did you overpay in both trades? I wasn't sure at the time but to lose 5, 21, 25 and Crisp (a young developing mid) seems a bit strange given your list shape?

Thirdly, please don't blame injuries. Look at West Coast. Even Pies have not had Reid, Sidebottom (for most of the season), Greenwood, McCaffer, Keeffe, Thomas and 2 top 10 picks in Scharenburg and Freeman playing and we are third.

I'd say they were needed. We were lacking goal scoring options so adding those definitely helps, just need a quality tall forward and we're easily pushing for top eight next year.

The trades were both fair IMO. 21 for Christensen is about spot on. Once he hits full fitness he'll become a very important player. While Beams is a top twenty player in the AFL so trading two high picks seems alright plus Crisp was going to leave anyways to find more opportunity - worked out nicely. We received two quality players in Dawson and Andrews from the academy at discounted prices so it wasn't like we had terrible picks.

There's a big difference between us and West Coast. Even with their injuries they're still a mature side with a quality tall kicking their goals and the Pies have had a pretty easy fixture so far. The only decent players you listed who were missing are Sidebottom and Greenwood. Reid has been injured for about three years now. Keefe has to be close to the worst player in the league while the others are just depth players - lol at naming two guys who haven't even played a game but i'm guessing they're superstars since they play for Collingwood right?

I'd say they were needed. We were lacking goal scoring options so adding those definitely helps, just need a quality tall forward and we're easily pushing for top eight next year.

The trades were both fair IMO. 21 for Christensen is about spot on. Once he hits full fitness he'll become a very important player. While Beams is a top twenty player in the AFL so trading two high picks seems alright plus Crisp was going to leave anyways to find more opportunity - worked out nicely. We received two quality players in Dawson and Andrews from the academy at discounted prices so it wasn't like we had terrible picks.

There's a big difference between us and West Coast. Even with their injuries they're still a mature side with a quality tall kicking their goals and the Pies have had a pretty easy fixture so far. The only decent players you listed who were missing are Sidebottom and Greenwood. Reid has been injured for about three years now. Keefe has to be close to the worst player in the league while the others are just depth players - lol at naming two guys who haven't even played a game but i'm guessing they're superstars since they play for Collingwood right?
Good one mate. So many laughs.

Brisbane are 1 forward from pushing top 8? Haha, stop it

Keeffe one of the worst players in the comp? You are killing me here. Would easily make the Lions side and probably be a top 10 player.

The two players you mention who have not played a game are the only two top 10 draft picks from last year that have not debuted yet. That is bad luck on their part and our part.

However continue the delusion. You are just lucky Carlton are currently a bigger joke, but at least their fans are admitting their problems.

Meanwhile Brisbane are one forward from pushing the 8. You have seriously made my day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeffe one of the worst players in the comp? You are killing me here. Would easily make the Lions side and probably be a top 10 player.

The two players you mention who have not played a game are the only two top 10 draft picks from last year that have not debuted yet. That is bad luck on their part and our part.

However continue the delusion. You are just lucky Carlton are currently a bigger joke, but at least their fans are admitting their problems.

Meanwhile Brisbane are one forward from pushing the 8. You have seriously made my day.

Why is that? We usually have more inside fifties each game but can't convert it to goals. I guess that happens when your full forward is Leuy. Give our developing backs and talls another year and anything could happen. Collingwood aren't exactly a top eight team but an easy fixture has you at third ATM. You're problem is that you've recruited far too many front runners so when you actually play a decent side they do absolutely nothing and you lose by a huge margin.

I can't believe you actually rate Keefe - either you're trolling or just delusional. Only he can take clen and go backwards.

Lmao happy to admit our problems we have. The only thing you mentioned was our mature recruits costing too much which wasn't true.

I think you underestimate Brisbane.

They have decent midfielders just very little depth in key players and Keeffe is a bog standard player.

I think you underestimate Brisbane.

They have decent midfielders just very little depth in key players and Keeffe is a bog standard player.
If Keeffe is a bog standard player, I am not sure what to make of the Brisbane key position players.

Anyway, I have taken this far enough off topic.

I still believe Brisbane will rue the last trade week with their list composition. it almost reeks of the Fev trade period

I still believe Brisbane will rue the last trade week with their list composition. it almost reeks of the Fev trade period
Fev was too old and he cost them too much.

Getting 2 pretty good midfielders that add leadership and can win games is a smart decision for their club. Also Beams is a native queenslader which can be used for marketing which is an additional bonus.

I can't believe you actually rate Keefe - either you're trolling or just delusional. Only he can take clen and go backwards.
Mate, Keefe is a good player. I would like Keefe at Hawthorn for the right price. Still needs a bit of work but this guy is definitely nowhere near the argument of worst player in the league.

Mate, Keefe is a good player. I would like Keefe at Hawthorn for the right price. Still needs a bit of work but this guy is definitely nowhere near the argument of worst player in the league.
This. Not a superstar, but would be an absolute walk up at a club like Brisbane ATM given their KPP stocks.

What are you on about?

- Beams has nothing to do with how we're performing. He can only play his role and he's doing it extremely well at the moment.
- Injuries to key players has set up back.
- Most of our team is filled with second and third year players.
- We've always been slow starters.

Using your logic though you can easily say Collingwood have been worse compared to the start of last year. You've only managed to beat the lower sides and got completely got out played when faced up against a top eight side.

Well Better then the Lions that could only beat the Only Team as bad as them.

I could say our Midfield looks better with Crisp in the Midfield then Beams. Pies Midfield no longer looks like 1 way Runners as we where with Beams in the Midfield.

De Goey has looked bloody good so far and Greenwood was Unlucky to break his Leg

Keeffe would be the Lions FF or CHF as they don’t have any KPF’s. McStay is close to it but not a True KPP

Cant see how Brisbane landing one of the best mids in the comp results in a fail of trade week. Crisps, de Goey (pick5) and Nielson (pick25) are probably never going to reach the standard of Beams, the picked up a guaranteed star.

This. Not a superstar, but would be an absolute walk up at a club like Brisbane ATM given their KPP stocks.

Who exactly would he replace in defense? We have good upcoming talls just no depth at the moment.

Cant see how Brisbane landing one of the best mids in the comp results in a fail of trade week. Crisps, de Goey (pick5) and Nielson (pick25) are probably never going to reach the standard of Beams, the picked up a guaranteed star.

Maybe or Maybe Not.

De Goey has shown very Promising Signs since he been at the Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back