Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Stalemate

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thread is simple. Call it extremism, a Law and order Issue, disassociation whatever main purpose is to discuss the current situation. Are we winning or Losing? What can we do better?

IMO the last few years in particular 2017 the trend is turning against the West. I posted on another thread but where parts of the world have kept a very uneasy truce that seems to be going by the wayside now and there are bombs going off every day.

Targeting children and more unconventional weapons such as driving cars into crowds etc are becoming the norm.

More pressure needs to be bought on Islam to reform its ways or we need to simply black ball them. Similar to Apartheid. No more immigration (our immigration needs to be severely reduced across the board anyway), no more aid to Mosques, no Government funding to Islamic Schools, be hell bent on the Separation of Church and State.

I am at a loss thou. Truthfully I think the situation is and will continue to get worse. While an outright loss is unlikely (as in a Worldwide Caphliate) I do thing large parts of the West could fall. Also countires (i.e. Indonesia) which have co existed with a large Islamic population will fall to extremists.

meh Australia is fine (europe not so much)

We have strong borders and our immigration program is geared towards skilled migrants (or lets face it people who can pay their way in) so we'll get the odd nutbag here and there but nothing close to the troubles that Europe is going to face in the future.

ps: if you're scared move to new zealand. Thats where all the billionaires have set up to ride out the storm lol.

Last edited:

Losing. After Trump's decision to strengthen ties with Saudi Arabia, there is no end in sight.

One can only hope Saudi Arabia will hopefully go bankrupt one day (though probably not in my lifetime), like Venezuela. But unlike Venezuela, the Saudis are actually outwardly working with the Americans as "allies" whilst continuing to fund terrorism through the building of mosques and madrasas, and the exporting of hate-preaching imams worldwide. Can't help but feel those leaders from muslim-majority countries were having a good chuckle on the inside when Trump told them to "drive out the extremists" from their places of worship.

In terms of reformation, Islam has already been reformed via the Ahmadiyya muslims, a genuinely peaceful sect of Islam. Go to any legitimate muslim peace rallies and you'll find they are invariably Ahmadis. Tragically, Ahmadis only represent a minority of muslims and are themselves persecuted and killed by their more mainstream counterparts. I'm not sure if any muslim "reformer" can do any more than the Ahmadis have already done. And any "reforms" appear to only be attempted in western secular countries. If these "reformers" tried to bring their ideas to the middle east, they would be laughed out of town, if not killed.

As people like Sadiq Khan and Emmanuel Macron have told us, terrorism has now become part of our lives, now and in the future. But you can still post your hashtags and attend your vigils if you like. Hopefully, you won't get run over by a truck while you're there.

Losing. After Trump's decision to strengthen ties with Saudi Arabia, there is no end in sight.

As people like Sadiq Khan and Emmanuel Macron have told us, terrorism has now become part of our lives, now and in the future. But you can still post your hashtags and attend your vigils if you like. Hopefully, you won't get run over by a truck while you're there.

Those two used a more clever choice of words. Others in Britain said it is something we have to get used to. In a sense you are already conceding ground.

It's like the "war on drugs", ie. the unwinnable never ending war.

Prohibition has to do with choice thou.

I used the War on Terror as for what of a term it is what is commonly used. Could easily have called the Thread:
Are we defeating the Terrorists? Who is Winning the Battle etc

Funny how 'terror' became a 'thing', only once the Yanks declared War upon it.

"Terror' is the justification for the U.S's own world-wide terror plot....The double-speak of Orwell's 1984, par excellence.

Became a thing after WW2 when the territories were artificially carved up.

Became more a thing after September 11 and the subsequent invasions.

Has turbo charged in the last decade with main stream internet and in recent years with "lone wolves" aligning themselves with a group/ideology instead of going overseas and joining Hicks/Habid style.

Prohibition has to do with choice thou.

I used the War on Terror as for what of a term it is what is commonly used. Could easily have called the Thread:
Are we defeating the Terrorists? Who is Winning the Battle etc
I'll stick with my analogy.

Are we defeating the drug lords? Who is winning the drug war?

Great comedy always gets to the nub of it IMO.

not winning and can never win, when one group just want to live their life and another just want to ruin the other groups life can never eradicate these vermin.

Thread is simple. Call it extremism, a Law and order Issue, disassociation whatever main purpose is to discuss the current situation. Are we winning or Losing? What can we do better?

IMO the last few years in particular 2017 the trend is turning against the West. I posted on another thread but where parts of the world have kept a very uneasy truce that seems to be going by the wayside now and there are bombs going off every day.

Targeting children and more unconventional weapons such as driving cars into crowds etc are becoming the norm.

More pressure needs to be bought on Islam to reform its ways or we need to simply black ball them. Similar to Apartheid. No more immigration (our immigration needs to be severely reduced across the board anyway), no more aid to Mosques, no Government funding to Islamic Schools, be hell bent on the Separation of Church and State.

I am at a loss thou. Truthfully I think the situation is and will continue to get worse. While an outright loss is unlikely (as in a Worldwide Caphliate) I do thing large parts of the West could fall. Also countires (i.e. Indonesia) which have co existed with a large Islamic population will fall to extremists.
Losing, and expect to start losing more as the next lot of 2nd generation Islamic extremists grow up under the current wave of immigrant folk. Hope it doesn't happen and that needs to be the focus, the next gen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The war has already been lost, even if it hasn't begun. Not because of countries allowing extremists to walk among them, but because it is now almost a crime to question someone's motives, and should you make a good point, you are screamed at until you go silent.

That isn't just white people though, many inside the islamic religion do question the beliefs, but the threat of ostracism from their community silences them.

Today, an imam from Melbourne was on sunrise and spoke about this, and the serious issues being fostered behind mosque walls. Obviously, the other Muslim being interviewed could be seen becoming angry, and sure enough began yelling and screaming.

The problem isn't that there are bad Muslims, the problem is that the bad ones silence the good ones

It's like the "war on drugs", ie. the unwinnable never ending war.
Yep. The jingo "war on ..." is quite misleading. It should rather be "the war on controlling drugs", "the war of selling more military hardware than the other guys using terror as an excuse".

To remain true to the title of this thread, how can we possibly be winning the "War on Terror" given the events of the last few years and longer? Someone will probably come along and say "it could be worse" but the answer to that is, "no it couldn't".

The war has already been lost, even if it hasn't begun. Not because of countries allowing extremists to walk among them, but because it is now almost a crime to question someone's motives, and should you make a good point, you are screamed at until you go silent.

That isn't just white people though, many inside the islamic religion do question the beliefs, but the threat of ostracism from their community silences them.

Today, an imam from Melbourne was on sunrise and spoke about this, and the serious issues being fostered behind mosque walls. Obviously, the other Muslim being interviewed could be seen becoming angry, and sure enough began yelling and screaming.

The problem isn't that there are bad Muslims, the problem is that the bad ones silence the good ones

Such a simplistic and ignorant statement. In my country, we don't "allow extremists to walk amongst us" nor is the problem that "bad Muslims silence good ones", the problem is that straight out xenophobes like Bolt go out of their way to engender fear and loathing within our community so as too drown out those who want a whole of community response to these issues as opposed to ignorant finger pointing.

What is happening in Europe and surrounds is what has been happening around there for 2 thousand years, 21st century style and will keep on happening whilst Dark Age thinking continues to dominate.

To tell you the honest truth, whilst it hurts to see what is happening over there, I am over here and my ancestors as well as all our ancestors came here to be rid of that s**t and over here, we are ALL one community and we must strive to be as inclusive and caring as we possibly can because, it is only in this way that we can stop the s**t that is happening elsewhere in the world happening here.

You sight the instance of the Imam on the telli and the other fella getting angry at what the Imam was saying. That's wonderful! We all see the agitated one making a fool of himself but what we don't need, is f**kwhits like Bolt pointing at the agitated one and saying, "see, that's how they all are!".

We must have an all of community response to these issues, not a community versus community response and the starting point for all of this, must be that we all accept that we are all equal and just as important as everyone else. That's the only way to keep and even bring back those who are easily distracted and led astray, straight into the hands of the evil bastards.

We need to marginalise those with evil in them, whether they say they are Muslim, Christian, Hindu etc etc, not marginalise whole communities because of their faith or colour and because some who identify with their particular faith are, in effect, barbarians.

Here's a starting point: Hatred is infested with in the walls of the mosques, just ask the family of Curtis Cheng.

Here's a starting point: Hatred is infested with in the walls of the mosques, just ask the family of Curtis Cheng.
Here's another starting point: right across America, hatred is infested within the walls of the fundamentalist churches, just ask the families of those who have been massacred by the KKK and and other good Christians folk who have massacred blacks, jews, homosexuals, abortion clinic workers/doctors, Asians, Muslims, Hindus .....................................

Hatred is Andrew Bolt: hate monger extraordinaire.

Here's another starting point: right across America, hatred is infested within the walls of the fundamentalist churches, just ask the families of those who have been massacred by the KKK and and other good Christians folk who have massacred blacks, jews, homosexuals, abortion clinic workers/doctors, Asians, Muslims, Hindus .....................................

Hatred is Andrew Bolt: hate monger extraordinaire.

KKK has less than 2000 members, where is all the hatred coming from in 2017 ?

Yeah, ask his son.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-27/alpha-cheng-remembers-murdered-father-curtis-cheng/7882090

"It's very disappointing that Dad, as a kind and gentle person, his name is being dragged into a conversation about how we should target and be suspicious of a particular group, and especially a side of politics that has been against us being immigrants in this country as Asian immigrants.

"When our leaders are using gut feel rather than discussion of real facts, it distorts the issues.

"How can we engage our young students better from immigrant or from diverse backgrounds?

"How can we all as Australian students create a better society?"

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-hanson-not-to-use-fathers-death-to-attack-is

“My father was murdered by a 15-year-old boy. I cannot deny the fact that the perpetrators professed to be followers of Islamic State.

“However, it does not follow from these facts that Muslims should be feared. It was not the boy’s faith that has caused his action. He was using his faith as an excuse for violent and antisocial extreme acts.”

“We need to look how we can heal and build; not how we can divide and exclude.

“My dad was a gentle and peaceful man; his name should not be used to promote fear and exclusion.”

You are a hatemonger. Find something productive to do with your life mate, if this is how you seriously think in real life.

You are a hatemonger. Find something productive to do with your life mate, if this is how you seriously think in real life.

I am productive, I own a business, traveled the world, chewed rope and smoked dope.
My biggest education in life was in Turkey, a local guy / tourist guide told me the biggest threat to Turkey was the rise of Islam even though he was a muslim. Go figure

I am productive, I own a business, traveled the world, chewed rope and smoked dope.
My biggest education in life was in Turkey, a local guy / tourist guide told me the biggest threat to Turkey was the rise of Islam even though he was a muslim. Go figure

Way to deflect and not even address what Curtis Cheng's family think about Islam.

You spend a lot of time here posting hate and bile. I don't know what you gain from this.

To address your side-point - yes, the rise of Islamism is threatening a relatively secular Turkey. Where I've also been. Big whoop.

I think we're losing it.

Whoever posted the link to the Ahmadis really ruined my night last night. I spent a couple of hours reading about their persecution in a number of different countries.

The Islamic world is becoming less and less secular.

I think we're only going to see things get worse.

As bad as people think we are toward Muslims, they treat each other much more disgustingly with sectarian violence.

Last edited:
Will never be winning while a religion relies on its women to live in fear and not question its men's god given right to sex and priority.

The west are raising more feminine boys by the decade but remain at ease with itself while Islam would quickly fall to pieces without the patriarchal suppression that unnaturally props up its blokes.

Islam needs fear to keep its balance. Targeting the west is for its own self-preservation more than it's expansion these days.

There's no end in sight for this insidious and disturbing fairytales need to lash out and hide its truth.

Back