Winning say $10+ Million in Lotto - what would you do (day to day)?

Remove this Banner Ad

which would be? this is the point of this thread. what would people do once they have invested and pissed some (or all) up the wall, enjoying their women not single, but in twos, drugs, etc etc.

what will you do, day to day a year later after you have collected

To be honest, NFI. Like most people I work to live. I have a roof over my head, a car to get around, food in the fridge etc. and can afford little luxuries like holidays, nice food and beer etc. Take away the need to support yourself and it changes your perspective completely.

Given limitless financial freedom I'd probably do a bunch of things. $10m isn't that, but it's still a whole lot of dollarydoos. I'd probably do something like find an old space and renovate it into a cafe or bar and then get that up and running then look to sell it off as small business. Restore old houses and cars, build some furniture etc.

That Brewster's Millions role wan't much of a stretch for Pryor, he blew millions on cocaine, hookers and booze. almost died from an overdose.

He was wired on coke in most of his film roles, never realised that as a kid, just thought being agitated and jumpy was his schtick, funny guy though.

Professional athletes are the worst for poor millions management. You see NBA players who make $100m+ over their careers and end up with nothing. And that's not $100m in one hit, it's $5-10m a year for years on end while working for billion dollar franchises full of people paid to be financially savvy. Even if you are drafted straight out of high school and barely passed while you were there surely you can pay someone a meagre 6 figure salary to look after your fortune.

MC Hammer was a classic tale of blowing millions.

Hit it big with his one hit in the early 90s and was buying private jets and gold plated limos for all his brothers.

Then by the mid 90s he was bankrupt.

Hammer thought he was going to own the 90s but he didn't see Nirvana coming.

Hammer was dead in the water after that, he was yesterday's hero, grunge had taken over and there was no way back.

I would spend the next three years before my son goes to school roaming the Earth. All three of us going wherever we feel like it.

Of course buy some property for the future.

Live modestly and spend the rest of my life doing what I want to do.

I know someone who won $12m and if you didn't know he had won it you would not know he was a millionaire. He has a lawn mower round, loves doing it, charges full rates. But often "forgets" to charge older people. His house is modest. Does have a few nice cars though. Nothing outrageous, just a few nice Holdens and one Porsche. Also has a great fishing boat.

Won it over 15 years ago and daresay still has a lot if it still.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know someone who won $12m and if you didn't know he had won it you would not know he was a millionaire. He has a lawn mower round, loves doing it, charges full rates. But often "forgets" to charge older people. His house is modest. Does have a few nice cars though. Nothing outrageous, just a few nice Holdens and one Porsche. Also has a great fishing boat.

Won it over 15 years ago and daresay still has a lot if it still.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What a legend.

I’d probably open up an organic cafe on the beach not far from my Penthouse i would buy and hire the best people i could to run it. Best manager. Best baristas. Best wait staff. Pay them all triple wages minimum. I would sit in the corner with my laptop on big footy (and do the accounts also to keep the brain ticking over), sipping lattes and eating salads and go running on the beach.
I would have my personal bathroom at the back with shower etc so i can go beach to cafe to shower.
I would fly to personally inspect my coffee growers in south and central america Etc

i would also randomly announce no charge for food or coffee for the next hour to my staff and they can tell customers they can either donate the money to a charity or keep it for themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive never seen the show but googled.
I wouldnt be surprised he went back many years in a row
They loved his Aussie accent it was good for their business and I dont think they knew he was loaded

It is my favourite show.

Yeah talk about different life style ay, definitely would post different to us in the "what do you do of a weeknight thread". Tough work tho.

Here's a question- what amount would you like lose your s**t over?

For me anything like 100k above i would go nuts.

50k-75k id be happy but not going crazy.

25k less i wouldnt get that enthusiastic over tbh. Like i could make a small dent on the motgage but nothing mad.
To me $25k would be huge!

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently a shocking number of lottery winners end up blowing it all. So I'd probably find somewhere nice to live but avoid making any other immediate decisions for a few months.
Yeah Ive heard that too. They did a thing on one of those today tonight shows a few years back.

It would be hard to live the same if you saw $10,000,000 in the old everyday savings account

I think Id like to stay where I am and knock this place down and re-build my dream house after a lot of planning.

A financial panther, eh?

hqdefault.jpg
GET HIM SHEEBA!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back