Winning say $10+ Million in Lotto - what would you do (day to day)?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would spend 6 months of the year exploring/hiking/hunting/fishing and living in a tent/boat and the other 6 months working out and fixing old cars and taking woodworking and cooking classes.

Live much like I am now except for-

1- Go on 2-3 hiking holidays a year eg. New Zealand, Patagonia region South America, Scandinavia.
2- Buy my son and his family, and my daughter their dream home.
3- Buy myself a BMW, nothing too ostentatious though, a series 5 sedan would do me.

I'd buy a Trans Am like the one in the Smokey and the Bandit movies, I might even be able to buy the original one that Burt Reynolds drove.

91OE1FgCekL._SX425_.jpg

I'd blast Eastbound and Down on the car stereo and try to outrun the cops while chatting to truckies on my CB radio.

Would probably be a lot harder to do that in Perth with all the traffic congestion and where the cops aren't all dumb shits that crash into each other.

$10 million and what would I do with my time

Look after my kids and mortgages etc

$1.3m in the bank and have $1200 per week deposited for 20 years. I figure after that the nurses can look after me

Real Estate, Winnebago , Car .

Travel this great land spending as little or as much time as I wanted.

The rest I would probably need for fuel :(

I would then hire an office space and hire someone to help organise Family History stuff and offer DNA tests to family and cousins etc that wanted them

with 10 mil there is literally no ******* way I would still have a job. I would "work", in the same industry, but it would be purely R&D on my own dime and agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love my job so would probably still be working there but maybe reduce it to 4 days a week and have endless long weekends.

- Buy an indoor sports centre (always been a dream of mine), deck it out - make it more of a social gathering area, somewhere people can escape that's not surrounded by drunks at a pub - awesome bar facilities and healthy takeaway options. Multiple cricket/baseball nets and bowling machines where people can have a swing and let their frustrations out after a stressful day at the office.

- Buy a modest house on the beach, a 4x4 and a luxury car and then give the rest to family and charity.

I would quit work, as it involves a lot of travel.

I'd up my involvement in racehorses, and the quality of stock. Looking to fillies and mares and get involved as a breeder. More money there if you do it right than the racing.

I'd dedicate the rest of my time to my golf game.

I would attend a lot of world sporting events. The Masters, British Open, Monaco and Belgian GPs, The Arc, NFL, NBA. That sort of stuff

If I spent my winnings in lotto over the years, I would put half in the bank, and the rest on buying a can of soda.

That is how much success I have had on tatts over the years.

I'd not let on I won anything. Pay off debts and help those I'm close to who wouldn't tell.

I'd keep working my job but suddenly become very loud and obnoxious about stupid decisions made. Basically become the spokesman of everyone else in the room who wouldn't dare say anything. I think it would be fun.

Especially don't let on to the ATO.

Change it all for 5c pieces and give one piece each to randoms in the street everyday.

Imagine all the lives you could change.

So not so much looking for i would buy a few houses or a boat or holiday here and there.

but what would you do on a daily basis once the initial say 12 months is over and you have holidayed and paid houses etc ? To keep the mind and brain working.

cant just watch Netflix or game every day

would you do volunteer? would you keep doing your job?
Continue to stay on Big Footy 24/7.

Where else in the world would you rather be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back