Winning the PF to make it to the GF

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are we confident making it through to the GF I want a general guage on how people are thinking leading into the prelim final

I'm confident of one of two outcomes happening:

1. We win the game
2. We lose the game

Fairly confident one of those two scenarios happen.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
We'll assess at the end of this week.

GWS looked very good last week, and Brisbane ultimately finished equal top of the ladder. So both will be a challenge.

The best thing about making it direct to the prelim is that you get to watch your prospective opponents bash up on each other. Let's just hope for a physical match with a lot of crunches and bruises. The odd hammy injury here or there wouldn't hurt either.

Bruh we're gonna be playing either Brisbane or Gws

finna be a cakewalk fam
Sorry to thumbs down you but I really really hope our supporter base doesn’t get ahead of themselves like this. Both these sides are entirely capable, hell GWS thumped us by ten goals when they were in all sorts of bad form.

We need to bring the pressure from last week and take advantage of the opportunities when they present themselves.

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry to thumbs down you but I really really hope our supporter base doesn’t get ahead of themselves like this. Both these sides are entirely capable, hell GWS thumped us by ten goals when they were in all sorts of bad form.

We need to bring the pressure from last week and take advantage of the opportunities when they present themselves.
Bro our Vfl side can beat these two "teams"

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
GWS just thumped the Doggies, who had been the form team of the comp. They are the real deal but the venue tips the scales slightly in our favour. By contrast, IMO, Brisbane are simply too youthful and inexperienced to win a Prelim Final in front of 90,000 hostile fans at the MCG at this stage in their development. So I'll be cheering loudly for Brisbane this weekend!

I think it’s obvious he doesn’t (or shouldn’t) actually believe that. For starters, our VFL team were poor in their own league, let alone the far superior one. That said, generally I like his opinions and what he brings to the board, so I don’t think calling him an idiot is fair.

I don’t like unsupported arrogance though. Both GWS and the Lions have proven they’re plenty capable throughout the year.

Agreed. Some supporters on this board are acting like 2018 Richmond fans.

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brisbane finished top and GSW are a side that on their day can do anything. Whether Brisbane were inflated by their draw and home games and whether GSW are on their day for what will have to be three weeks running is hard to tell right now but I can't see it being anything but a tough battle. I'm hoping we play Brisbane and I'd have us as favourite. If we play GWS I'd say's 50/50. They looked bloody good against us last time we played, albeit at their home.

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Injuries aside, we are well prepared, well drilled and mentally strong.
All sides in the finals are capable on their day but we have to make this our year, I think GWS or Bris will be defeated in the PF.
We are on a mission........

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
GWS just thumped the Doggies, who had been the form team of the comp. They are the real deal but the venue tips the scales slightly in our favour. By contrast, IMO, Brisbane are simply too youthful and inexperienced to win a Prelim Final in front of 90,000 hostile fans at the MCG at this stage in their development. So I'll be cheering loudly for Brisbane this weekend!
You rkn Robbo misses prelim? Looked pretty bad on tv

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
You rkn Robbo misses prelim? Looked pretty bad on tv
Yes, suspect so. I also suspect that the Lions will go out in straight sets. I reckon Geelong will too, even though I'd rather that they eliminated the Weagles. Would be incredible to see the top two teams both exit the finals in straight sets.

Brisbane finished top and GSW are a side that on their day can do anything.
Christ we have to beat Golden State Warriors too? I know Pendles played another sport before trying his hand at football, but I’ll be darned if I can get any additional information from the commentators on channel 7 about what that may have been...

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Yes, suspect so. I also suspect that the Lions will go out in straight sets. I reckon Geelong will too, even though I'd rather that they eliminated the Weagles. Would be incredible to see the top two teams both exit the finals in straight sets.
I’d rather West Coast win this week because they’re the only chance of beating Richmond pre-GF. If we win and then play West Coast, it’s a free hit at a flag. If we played Richmond, there is so much more on the line given the rivalry......

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both Brisbane and GWS are very capable of beating us.

But one thing I also know for sure is that if we bring the heat and bring our game, we can beat anyone. So who we play is irrelevant in my eyes, its more about how we execute. I imagine the players view it similarly

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
The attitude of the supporters doesn't impact the outcome of a game.

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d rather West Coast win this week because they’re the only chance of beating Richmond pre-GF. If we win and then play West Coast, it’s a free hit at a flag. If we played Richmond, there is so much more on the line given the rivalry......
Yes, fair point about Weagles being a better chance than the Cats to roll the Tigers. But that would mean facing the Weagles in the GF again (if we make it that far) and I'd be devo to lose two in a row to them, as we did to Brisbane in 2002 and 2003. We seem to match up better and have had more recent success against the Tigers.

Back