Remove this Banner Ad

IschenkoUBeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Share your memories of the great man.

One of my favourites in the 90s after he came over from Fremantle. That mark he took in Canberra in '98 was up there with the best. Heard Kingy say once that the footage doesn't do it justice either - looked incredible on replay, so the moment must have been something.

Pity Winnie's career ended too soon after being cleaned up by James Hird (of all people...) in round 1, 2001. :'(

One of my favourites in the 90s after he came over from Fremantle. That mark he took in Canberra in '98 was up there with the best. Heard Kingy say once that the footage doesn't do it justice either - looked incredible on replay, so the moment must have been something.

Pity Winnie's career ended too soon after being cleaned up by James Hird (of all people...) in round 1, 2001. :cry:
Fire has been ignited.

Pity Winnie's career ended too soon after being cleaned up by James Hird (of all people...) in round 1, 2001. :cry:

Was then when he hurt his knee in a collision? Was never the same after that iirc.

Very smooth mover at his best, great to watch.

• Banned
Was then when he hurt his knee in a collision? Was never the same after that iirc.

Very smooth mover at his best, great to watch.
Yep. Did his knee after landing on it after being bowled over. Just found this video of his 1998 season highlights. Some great plays in there, as well as some great marks.

Loved Winnie, he was my late fathers favourite player for a while. Must say though, the first sentence of the opening post had me afraid for his life. :$

Wow, just wow.

Is that the x factor people have been asking for?

What a superstar, did he play 100 games for us?
72 games.

He's back in WA now involved in footy over there I think (last I heard) but I'd love to see him back at the club in some capacity.

Kicked a couple of crucial goals in the 99 Grand Final too.

72 games.

He's back in WA now involved in footy over there I think (last I heard) but I'd love to see him back at the club in some capacity.

Kicked a couple of crucial goals in the 99 Grand Final too.

Geebus he best have no sons, I couldn't handle another missed F&S.

Thanks for posting the info.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still rate him as the most talented indigenous footballer i've seen play the game. Freak as a description would be an understatement.

Still my most favourite North player to have player in the royal blue and white.

So many great memories from one of the most skilled players we have had.

Remember one great goal he kicked against the pies where he got the ball just insidd tbe centre square baulked a couple of hapless defenders and kicked a beauty- while looking like he was going at half pace.

The guy just glided over the turf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back