Winter of Cricket is coming

Crowhorse

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
330 was a par target I reckon. 350 is going to be a bit too much of an ask from our form perspective, as well as historical perspective.

Our bowling was pretty crap in the last 10 overs too. Too many wides and short deliveries, easily pulled for runs.
Not gettable, India will have to serve up bigger swill than what we just did plus we have mixed form with the bat. Good to learn early what the standard is, hope we can regroup quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last night’s result was a bit of an anti-climax. Our batting was too laconic in the middle overs. Indian bowers were generally good.

Some room for improvement but we’re not that far off the pace.

Crowhorse

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brave chase in the end. India are beatable, Aussies need to sort out their bowling attack or may need better coaches in that area.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think he was mentally damaged after running out Finch.

Was Warner's slowest ever ODI 50, when we were needing to chase 7 an over.
That Finch run out and Warner’s innings was the difference between the 2 teams. One played in unison and had a clear objective. We played like we had some sort of hangover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
And that hawk eye looked BS to the naked eye - looked like going down leg or at best just nicking the leg stump.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
To finish bowled out for 307, when we were 1/189 in the 29th over is poor. We were going 6.6 per over with plenty of wickets in hand & self destructed.

Aamir a class above the rest.

Now over to our bowlers...
Forget the 29th over, I remember we were around 275 in the 42nd over!
Basically 30 in the last 8 overs at 4 per over. And lost 7 bloody wickets!!

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Forget the 29th over, I remember we were around 275 in the 42nd over!
Basically 30 in the last 8 overs at 4 per over. And lost 7 bloody wickets!!
To put it into context, in th last 8 overs we averaged 4 runs and 1 wicket per over! That is unbelievable change of momentum after we were scoring nearly 7 per over!

Peter J

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How awful does our anthem sound when it's up against more vibrant anthems such as Sri Lanka's.
Turn the sound down and don’t listen to it then.

Ours is a perfectly good anthem and it’s not changing just because it’s the latest thing on the latte progressives hit list.

Australian Anthem: Advance Australia Fair

Australia Day: Jan 26.

Top Bottom