Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible consistency by the Aussie openers. Both on track to become the top 2 leading run scorers in the entire World Cup!

Would give us a huge confidence boost if we can pull a good win tonight.

Warner unlucky but if the pitch starts to play up our quicks will smash them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If theres one thing that irritates me its Stonis taking his sweet time to get going. If he makes a score its paper over the cracks.

He takes the pressure off the bowlers and onto his batting team mate.

And if he doesnt make a score then its essentially a lost over or two.

Sheesh

Need to bat Smith at 3, after you get either Warner or Finch out, the opposition prefer to see Khawaja come in and not Smith, aren't you suppose to do what the opposition don't want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey is a gun - 285 is still a good target to defend but we did should have been looking at 320+ from where we were at mid innings
We’ve been shonky with the running decisions, a few run outs has caused a flurry of wickets in some recent games. Still a competitive score, so will be interesting to see England’s response.

Need to bat Smith at 3, after you get either Warner or Finch out, the opposition prefer to see Khawaja come in and not Smith, aren't you suppose to do what the opposition don't want?
Agree - if we lose a very early wicket maybe Khawaja plays 3 but after a good start we should give Smith as much time at the crease as is possible .

Worried about our bowling though. Zampa has been largely ineffective. Surely we need to look at Lyon before the semis?

We're also not taking any powerplay wickets up front with the ball. Should we give Behrendorf a crack with the new ball for a game?
Aussie selectors listening :)

:thumbsu: :thumbsu::thumbsu:
THREE is a great start.
Getting Root and Morgan has probably saved about 100 runs.
Missed England innings as have an early flight... but the 2 opening swing bowlers obviously did what their bowlers didn't & pitched it up for the conditions.

Important win as we have scarred the supposed tournament favorites & put them in danger of elimination... whilst we are the 1st team through to finals stage... again :)

*sings*

"Oh happy day!
Oh Happy day!
When Berendorff bowls (Oh happy day)
When Aaron Finch bats (Oh happy day)
When Maxwell fields (Oh happy day)
They blow the Poms awaaaaay !!
Oh happy day!
Oh Happy day!

When Vince gets yorked (Oh happy day!)
When Root gets yorked (Oh happy day!)
When Stokes gets yorked (Oh happy day!)
The Poms get blown away,
Oh happy day! "

Vince, Root, but especially Stokes will have nightmares for the rest of their lives about the swinging yorkers that nailed them. Unplayable. Any of those blokes from YORKshire?? 😁

Last edited:
When we were knocked off for 285 I thought it might have been 30-40 runs short. I was perplexed when Berendorff was given the new ball (until his second cod!!).

Never so happy to be wrong (but India are still the faves, for mine, with NZ breathing down their necks).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back