Endless Summer of Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. starts today.

Would you believe "Spring of cricket "?....

Australia playing Pakistan in the UAE today, beginning at 4:30pm SA time. Tea Tree Gully's own Travis Head to make his test debut.

Apparently live on Fox Cricket (whatever that is). Be interesting to see some new faces after the cheats were rubbed out.

Mods, move it if you like - but it was good having a thread last summer.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
After being acclimatised to 2 seasons of AFLW, I'm finding myself oddly becoming more attached to women's sport these days. Have seen 2 and a half match of the 3 match-series of female T20 Australia vs New Zealand. The boundaries are kept smaller, but still awesome to see the big hits. I miss cricket!

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Looks flat as...... watch us fail.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Christ, Warner and Smith can't come back quick enough. India will have us for breakfast later this year. May as well bring back Kim Hughes and Graham Yallop ffs

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Hard to see us taking 20 wickets here :eek:

I'd settle for one at the moment

Oh, I am just going to say it but Tim Paine is a terrible choice for Captain. That is a position that should be earned not given as part as a feel good PR campaign.
Who'd you have gone with though? Slim pickings.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who'd you have gone with though? Slim pickings.

I know why they went with him, he was as far removed from Australian cricket as could be, everyone else was tainted...and I get that but it has been six months, he needed to be replaced for this series and the summer. Tim is 33 and has scored 2 50s in 15 innings, we dropped Nevin for better than that yet Paine gets the captaincy.

Australian cricket needs to reset this summer, not keep apologising for having a complete douche bag like David Warner ruin us with his bogan, cheating behaviour.

I know why they went with him, he was as far removed from Australian cricket as could be, everyone else was tainted...and I get that but it has been six months, he needed to be replaced for this series and the summer. Tim is 33 and has scored 2 50s in 15 innings, we dropped Nevin for better than that yet Paine gets the captaincy.

Australian cricket needs to reset this summer, not keep apologising for having a complete douche bag like David Warner ruin us with his bogan, cheating behaviour.

Who's next? Carey?

I hope Weatherald makes millions this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back