Endless Summer of Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Poor form by the crowd booing warner on his 50. Boo him on the way out by all means but then its cricket after that.
I think this is simply modern sport. There will be sectors of the crowd that will boo you for life for any recent indiscretion. The irony is that the people who boos are probably riddled with faults themselves!

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good to have an early win to build some momentum and confidence. And glad to see Warner back. Would be quite incredible if he somehow wins the man of the World Cup tournament, after what’s unfolded in the last 18 months.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Record World Cup partnership for the Bangas.

3/222 after 36 overs.

I feel a Guyana repeat coming...
It's good to see them coming good after all these years.

It's a shame ICC isn't more pro growth.

Also can't work out why Al Hasan didn't work in the BBL, one of the best all rounders out there.

Bangas have had a solid start against the Saffies.

Hopefully a repeat result from the 2007 world cup game I witnessed.

This is the worst SA team I can remember watching.

ABDV, Morkel, Olivier, Rossouw and Abbott leaving for greener pastures has hurt them badly.

Their fielding is also very poor these days after being the benchmark for so long.

This is the worst SA team I can remember watching.

ABDV, Morkel, Olivier, Rossouw and Abbott leaving for greener pastures has hurt them badly.

Their fielding is also very poor these days after being the benchmark for so long.
Bangas finished with 330 - their highest ODI score ever!

They love playing the Saffies.

Bangas finished with 330 - their highest ODI score ever!

They love playing the Saffies.

Didn't that Mahmudullah bloke do the same to England in the last World Cup? Was the Adelaide Oval game IIRC.

Pakistan doing what they do best after a miserable performance against the Windies, now have set the Poms the biggest chase in WC history with 348.

Indian bookies are making a killing...

Pakistan always fire up against England in a similar vein to how the Demons always fire up against us. They've won 8 of the last 12 ODI's between the two (and one was drawn).

Pakistan always fire up against England in a similar vein to how the Demons always fire up against us. They've won 8 of the last 12 ODI's between the two (and one was drawn).
Or more likely the Indian bookies fire-up! ;)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
There was an article years ago in Inside Sport about the Jekyll and Hyde nature of Pakistani cricket. Was titled The Fantastic Exploding Cricket Team or something similar. Haven't been able to find it online. The years change but the culture doesn't.

Their up and down performances pre-dated the expansion of sports betting though. This volatile trait has been in play since the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back