Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a seriously good winter of cricket with World Cup then the Ashes. I think we might actually be the surprise packet out of the World Cup. Nobody has really fancied us in the past 12 months, and we're steadily getting the runs on the board.

Shouldn’t come in before 30 overs, good opportunity for Smith to regain respect.
This is where genuine leadership is needed. If Smith can pull us out of this train wreck then all will be forgiven!

Also I think this match could be the making of Carey the batter. This guy has genuine class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the main reason to save him for the later batting overs to allow him to bowl at more express pace when we get to bowl.
Huh, Cummins bowls before NCN, so would make sense to bat him 1st if concerned about rest.

Your argument is illogical.

Huh, Cummins bowls before NCN, so would make sense to bat him 1st if concerned about rest.

Your argument is illogical.
20 overs of batting will tire any bowler, and if Cummins bats for the majority of the remaining 20 overs, then it’s going to affect his pace bowling.

20 overs of batting will tire any bowler, and if Cummins bats for the majority of the remaining 20 overs, then it’s going to affect his pace bowling.
So NCN is a slow bowler?

Both are likely going to have to bat!

Kane, you asked for opinions as to why Cummins is not batting. I gave you my opinion. I didn’t say I know the actual answer!
NCN is doing the job, but he is a better late hitter & Cummins is better at occupying the crease.

Similar to why did we bring in Maxwell too early when Stoinis is better at occupying the crease.

Then I remember we have Langer as coach, who wasn't the smartest bat in the kit...

NCN is doing the job, but he is a better late hitter & Cummins is better at occupying the crease.

Similar to why did we bring in Maxwell too early when Stoinis is better at occupying the crease.

Then I remember we have Langer as coach, who wasn't the smartest bat in the kit...
I think the argument is kind of moot now that NCN has done the job getting the useful runs. Hoping the end total around 275?

Cummins is generally the faster bowler, and express pace is needed early on to unsettle the openers.
my view is that their bowling would have no bearing on the batting order because if you dont post a decent target who cares who is tired or not but the skipper has just posted a batting order and not adjusted to the situation. Mind you NCN is doing a good job at the moment

I think the argument is kind of moot now that NCN has done the job getting the useful runs. Hoping the end total around 275?
As long as we don't get bowled out... that should be the minimum. Touch wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back