Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
330 was a par target I reckon. 350 is going to be a bit too much of an ask from our form perspective, as well as historical perspective.

Our bowling was pretty crap in the last 10 overs too. Too many wides and short deliveries, easily pulled for runs.

Not gettable, India will have to serve up bigger swill than what we just did plus we have mixed form with the bat. Good to learn early what the standard is, hope we can regroup quickly.

What a wonderful long weekend of sport!

Barty win French Open.
Cricket World Cup Aus vs India.
Women's World Cup Soccer Aus vs Italy.
And Crows win!
Women conceded the last 2 goals, including the last one late to go down 1-2.

Just need Dan to have an upset win in the F1....

Last night’s result was a bit of an anti-climax. Our batting was too laconic in the middle overs. Indian bowers were generally good.

Some room for improvement but we’re not that far off the pace.

Brave chase in the end. India are beatable, Aussies need to sort out their bowling attack or may need better coaches in that area.

Odd innings by Warner today. Probably the most struggling 50 by him since...ever!
I think he was mentally damaged after running out Finch.

Was Warner's slowest ever ODI 50, when we were needing to chase 7 an over.

I think he was mentally damaged after running out Finch.

Was Warner's slowest ever ODI 50, when we were needing to chase 7 an over.
That Finch run out and Warner’s innings was the difference between the 2 teams. One played in unison and had a clear objective. We played like we had some sort of hangover.

Mitch Marsh again ...... :rolleyes:
His one day stuff is better than his test stuff (thankfully!)

This is a good change for us

Stoinis is really struggling with bat and ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be aiming for 400. Anything under 350 would be disappointing.
We have been disappointing in the latter part of this innings & are going to get just over 300 after such a great start.

Absolutely ****ty anti climax of an innings!!
To finish bowled out for 307, when we were 1/189 in the 29th over is poor. We were going 6.6 per over with plenty of wickets in hand & self destructed.

Aamir a class above the rest.

Now over to our bowlers...

To finish bowled out for 307, when we were 1/189 in the 29th over is poor. We were going 6.6 per over with plenty of wickets in hand & self destructed.

Aamir a class above the rest.

Now over to our bowlers...
Forget the 29th over, I remember we were around 275 in the 42nd over!
Basically 30 in the last 8 overs at 4 per over. And lost 7 bloody wickets!!

Forget the 29th over, I remember we were around 275 in the 42nd over!
Basically 30 in the last 8 overs at 4 per over. And lost 7 bloody wickets!!
To put it into context, in th last 8 overs we averaged 4 runs and 1 wicket per over! That is unbelievable change of momentum after we were scoring nearly 7 per over!

How awful does our anthem sound when it's up against more vibrant anthems such as Sri Lanka's.
I don't have an issue.

Hopefully we can set a target to big for the Sri Lankans.

How awful does our anthem sound when it's up against more vibrant anthems such as Sri Lanka's.
Turn the sound down and don’t listen to it then.

Ours is a perfectly good anthem and it’s not changing just because it’s the latest thing on the latte progressives hit list.

Australian Anthem: Advance Australia Fair

Australia Day: Jan 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back