10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So whats with the pitch?

Or just bad batting?
Bit of both.

Not enough players with good technique against good bowling.

Handscombe an incomprehensible selection.

Surely we have better than him and Maxwell. My hope after this utterly failed campaign from Maxwell is selectors will no longer be seduced by the big shots.

Nasser was spot on...he can play the shot of the day, but when will he play the innings of the day.

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope you're right but 223 is well short
I hope I never see Stoinis and the no show in yellow ever again but it's probably too late now
The selection was wrong
Needed more consistent big hitters 5 to 7 not all rounders

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The quote was that they are NEVER easy beats. It was a fantastic game. Don’t agree India were the best team this comp, I believe the Aussies were and had a minor hiccup against SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You forgot that Australia also lost to the Indians earlier during the comp. Doesn’t matter much now though. ODI Finals are totally unpredictable!

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Turns out giving Warner 1/3 of the tournament and infinite balls to crawl along playing himself into form and get some easy PR about his newfound maturity may not have been worth playing every other batsman out of form.

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Paid dearly for selecting guys that would be lucky to get a shield game
The fish is rotting from the head and several players should never wear the green and gold ever again
We used to be the team handing out these thrashings where every player was of Smith's quality and never dropped his head
Langer has to get some blood on his hands

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Paid dearly for selecting guys that would be lucky to get a shield game
The fish is rotting from the head and several players should never wear the green and gold ever again
We used to be the team handing out these thrashings where every player was of Smith's quality and never dropped his head
Langer has to get some blood on his hands

We are talking about cricket not the Crows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Toss and venue (Lord's not Taunton) really played into our (England's) hands. Both teams would've batted but dread to think of damage Starc could have done in the morning.

Interesting now whether England go with Roy and Bairstow in Ashes. Seems crazy but openers situation so bad they just might.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
There was always a feeling that we'd get rolled last night. England are a quality ODI unit and have been for a long time.

We've played well at times but we are still not picking our best side, it'll bite Langer in the Ashes too.

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
There was always a feeling that we'd get rolled last night. England are a quality ODI unit and have been for a long time.

We've played well at times but we are still not picking our best side, it'll bite Langer in the Ashes too.
True. Eng showed the way picking in form hitters
Having stokes helps and he's a kiwi !
Khawaja is a plodder
Handscombe an in was mind boggling and Stoinis and the no show were in cos they could bowl a bit
It backfired horribly

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
True. Eng showed the way picking in form hitters
Having stokes helps and he's a kiwi !
Khawaja is a plodder
Handscombe an in was mind boggling and Stoinis and the no show were in cos they could bowl a bit
It backfired horribly

Their captain is Irish and Jofra is from the West Indies, it's nothing new for England really.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Don't forget Ali and Rashid
Let's hope nz got one more surprise left

People are surprised by them, but they did make the final last time.

They need to bat well.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit of an anticlimactic result overnight. England played an absolute blinder with their bowling and batting clicking simultaneously. Also, that bloody Smith runout!

Our series could be summed up in one sentence:

We relied too heavily on a good opening stand, which did not happen.

1st ever loss in a WC semi final.

Never really recovered from losing our 2 openers early who have scored most of our runs. Just not enough support for Smith, though Carey's effort was gutsy.

Go the Kiwis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back