Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yay! Coin toss in 20minutes!
Hazlewood or Starc, we will find out then!

30minutes later: Nope. More rain.
I would play both on this wicket & manage Siddle too.

This will give us choices for the 3rd Test.

I would play both on this wicket & manage Siddle too.

This will give us choices for the 3rd Test.

It is Hazlewood that is in, apparently.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. With 5 tests in 6 weeks, they have been talking about rotating the bowlers, so maybe there is a general rotating plan already in place, with allowance for pitch conditions.
Since Hazlewood, Pattinson and Starc are just recently back from injury they will need to rotate and monitor workloads.

With the rain forecast for Friday and Saturday too, in all likelihood this test won't matter much! Play 2.5 days for a draw.

It is Hazlewood that is in, apparently.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. With 5 tests in 6 weeks, they have been talking about rotating the bowlers, so maybe there is a general rotating plan already in place, with allowance for pitch conditions.
Since Hazlewood, Pattinson and Starc are just recently back from injury they will need to rotate and monitor workloads.

With the rain forecast for Friday and Saturday too, in all likelihood this test won't matter much! Play 2.5 days for a draw.
More a reason to play Starc as he is the one likely to cause a massive batting collapse if conditions are bowler friendly.

The selectors get plenty of credit for the first test - backed in Wade and were rewarded. Backed in Pattinson and were rewarded. Backed in Siddle and were rewarded.

Apart from Bancroft, pretty much all their calls (which were criticised heavily beforehand) worked out.

I wonder if that success has emboldened them here and they've outsmarted themselves? Hazelwood had success here before but that was years ago and he has looked fairly ordinary for a while now.

Pattinson looked dangerous and bats well plus there was a decent break between tests. Surely rotation doesn't factor in for Test #2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The selectors get plenty of credit for the first test - backed in Wade and were rewarded. Backed in Pattinson and were rewarded. Backed in Siddle and were rewarded.

Apart from Bancroft, pretty much all their calls (which were criticised heavily beforehand) worked out.

I wonder if that success has emboldened them here and they've outsmarted themselves? Hazelwood had success here before but that was years ago and he has looked fairly ordinary for a while now.

Pattinson looked dangerous and bats well plus there was a decent break between tests. Surely rotation doesn't factor in for Test #2?
No issue with Hazelwood as has a good record at Lords... but should have been replacing Siddle with either Starc or Pattinson playing imo.

Hazelwood bowling beautifully.
2 early wickets including their best in Root... so pressure on Denly to keep his spot.

Siddle needs to bottle up his end though as was rubbish in his 1st over.

No issue with Hazelwood as has a good record at Lords... but should have been replacing Siddle with either Starc or Pattinson playing imo.
That's looking like a good call. We're looking a bit pedestrian here.

That's looking like a good call. We're looking a bit pedestrian here.
We have 2 bowling enforcers in the squad, yet we pick neither & go for 2 steady bowlers instead.

We should be attacking for the win & we have sent the wrong message to the Poms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back