Winx is a Goat

Remove this Banner Ad

Given how precious the owners get when someone criticised her they will regret not travelling her. She was to be the true measuring stick for Australian middle distance racing and we never got it. You can try quantify it all you want but the proof is in the pudding and she never even tried.

She could have increased the entire worlds impression of Australian racing which not many horses could do, but instead she stayed at home doing nothing for the nay sayers.

That's fine but, like Frankel, if you can't get a true picture of how good they were because they didn't travel you are doing it wrong.

I would have loved to have seen her at Royal Ascot but just because she didn't go there doesn't make her less of a horse.

By somebody calling Winx the GOAT it is clearly downgrading BC and Phar Lap who have claims to this

Seems a stretch - it's not like I am out hear claiming BC was trained by a convicted doper and Phar Lap was 1 for 3 in Melbourne Cups #flattrackbully

Lets face it. her races are boring for the hard core racing fan.
i for one cant wait til she retires so i dont have to listen to all the recency bias crap going on right now.

and i will say again before i get attacked shes a superstar., but i have no idea how good she is and thats disappointing.

Lets face it. her races are boring for the hard core racing fan.

LOL when you say hard core racing fan you actually mean gambling addict. No true racing fan could find her races boring.

LOL when you say hard core racing fan you actually mean gambling addict. No true racing fan could find her races boring.
ummm no. i have watched pretty much every group race in the last 35 years and bet on about 20 percent of them. i know a spectacle when i see one. Her best races are the ones where something went wrong or she was ridden terribly (flem 1600m race). the other 28 were cakewalks over walkers

ummm no. i have watched pretty much every group race in the last 35 years and bet on about 20 percent of them. i know a spectacle when i see one. Her best races are the ones where something went wrong or she was ridden terribly (flem 1600m race). the other 28 were cakewalks over walkers

Maybe you should fine a different interest then. Greyhounds has lots of action/dogs finding trouble.

Lol using first up as an excuse for international horses in Australia proves you have no clue - go away.

Lol you obviously know nothing about racing. Look at the record of raiders going into majors with a lead in run b first up

Lol you obviously know nothing about racing. Look at the record of raiders going into majors with a lead in run b first up

Hello 2005

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She’s the greatest thing to happen to racing. Remember watching her 2nd Cox plate and losing the plot. That win turned mates with no interest in racing into the great game. 2 years later they are with me at her 4th Cox Plate and coming home with a WINX tatt.

Would have loved to see her go over and stick it up the Poms but you can’t pot her for that. Plenty of flights go the other direction too.

Love her. She’s the GOAT.

I can't understand how any racing fan could watch her gap Hartnell in about 3 seconds flat on her way to romping in the 2016 Cox plate without getting goosebumps.

Seems a stretch - it's not like I am out hear claiming BC was trained by a convicted doper and Phar Lap was 1 for 3 in Melbourne Cups #flattrackbully
Come on; nobody was surprised about Moody, nobody was surprised about Weir and nobody would be surprised by Waller. Sad fact of life in racing but at least at that top level it is a level playing field.

I can't understand how any racing fan could watch her gap Hartnell in about 3 seconds flat on her way to romping in the 2016 Cox plate without getting goosebumps.
Hartnell is a group 3 European import who happened to come to a pathetic era of horse racing and wins our piss poor group 1s staying WFA races. Just like Avilus. She should have beaten him by that far.

Hartnell is a group 3 European import who happened to come to a pathetic era of horse racing and wins our piss poor group 1s staying WFA races. Just like Avilus. She should have beaten him by that far.

You are just lucky you drug addled turn taking heroes of the early 90s didn't have to face such high quality foreign opposition.

You are just lucky you drug addled turn taking heroes of the early 90s didn't have to face such high quality foreign opposition.
they did though
Aussie horses beat the European horses in the Japan Cup, Hong Kong had no group races at the time. Strawberry Road in every decent racing country and he would have been the 10th best horse of the time.
not arguing with drug addled.... steroids probably did make them better but those were the times everywhere. Still Northerly Might and Power would destroy Hartnell. And Northerly was lengths better than Sunline who was also over rated and raced in a poor era and she won overseas too

they did though
Aussie horses beat the European horses in the Japan Cup, Hong Kong had no group races at the time. Strawberry Road in every decent racing country and he would have been the 10th best horse of the time.
not arguing with drug addled.... steroids probably did make them better but those were the times everywhere. Still Northerly Might and Power would destroy Hartnell. And Northerly was lengths better than Sunline who was also over rated and raced in a poor era and she won overseas too

1 Australian horse has won the Japan Cup - 30 years ago when it was nowhere near the race it is now - a complete star like Let's Elope was flogged as were plenty of others.

Grandera came here and ran Northerly to under 2 lengths and flogged FOO and Lonhcat - his subsequent 3 starts in Europe he was beaten a total of 46L at Group 1 level - a sobering stat for Heathy's beloved golden era.

1 Australian horse has won the Japan Cup - 30 years ago when it was nowhere near the race it is now - a complete star like Let's Elope was flogged as were plenty of others.

Grandera came here and ran Northerly to under 2 lengths and flogged FOO and Lonhcat - his subsequent 3 starts in Europe he was beaten a total of 46L at Group 1 level - a sobering stat for Heathy's beloved golden era.
Horlicks won Naturalism ran 2nd with a broken foot shaftsbury ave who was a sprinter ran 4th
are you talking about the European 3 time winning group 1 horse Grandera? wow those ones who he beat must have been picnic horses ... in your precious land.
FOO and Lohncat both crap.. do not rate

Horlicks won Naturalism ran 2nd with a broken foot shaftsbury ave who was a sprinter ran 4th
are you talking about the European 3 time winning group 1 horse Grandera? wow those ones who he beat must have been picnic horses ... in your precious land.
FOO and Lohncat both crap.. do not rate

Highland Reel is a 5 time G1 winner - wow - those ones he beat must have been picnic horses ;)

And Horlicks is from NZ - nice try

Remove this Banner Ad

Back