anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Once again we have been screwed by the so called wise men from the East.
Fletcher got one week for an umpire running in to him,what a joke.
Same applied to Curly another real joke.
When are the umpires going to wake up and realise the game is about the players and they are only incidentals to the game.
Let us get rid of one of them and run the game with two umpires. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yep i am totally going to have to agree
i recon the only reason fletch got suspended is because if he didn't the umps would go on strike
and he was found guilty of being neglegant but it was the umpire HEAD that was neglegant well maybe not neglegant but fletch tried to change direction but the umpire ran back into him the footage clearly shows this
this latest incident proves mine and many others theory
the afl tribunal will never give freo a chance
it is so annoying that a good players record of 217 games without a suspension has to be ruined because of an umpire running into him and the umps threatening strike it is totally unfair on the player and the team

this now means that we go into the geelong game missing our best midfielders unless bell has recovered fully and we all know hasleby has a back problem that doesn't let him play to his full and now fletch is gone
considering that the game is usually won out of the center i think we could possibly say geelong is now favourites

What a joke! What an absolute joke!

Umpire Head - expect a warm welcome if you ever umpire a game at subi. I think your 3 game career is fast coming to a close.

Maybe the umpires should go on strike at least we may get some decent umpiring then!

Could you imagine one of the big name stars getting rubbed out for that?? I think not.

Oh well lets hope that Freo appeal and that the AFL are stupid enough to give us either Head or McInerney this week, it will be worth going to just to see them booed.

It's all about being consistent at the tribunial.

Harvey got 2 weeks
Curley got 4 weeks reduced to 2
Fletcher only got 1 week.

Maybe he's lucky he only got the 1 week?

I hate to agree with an Eagle supporter but he probably was lucky he only got one I expected two.
It is really a travesty of justice when you can have the umpires saying they wont umpire if he is not suspended.He was always going to go.How can the VFL{oops sorry} AFL allow the umpires to hold the tribunal to ransom.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Consistency?

If they were consistent then Cousins would be sitting out the next eagles game.

Where would you stand if Cousins got pinged?

Who cares he is only an Eagle, no just joking.No player should have had to go before the tribunal for any thing like Fletchers case
What about Scott Lucas for Essendon why was he not reported for handling an umpire in the game on the weekend.
I think we should start dressing the maggots in orange so they really are distinguishable from the players.

I don't think that Fletcher was anymore hard done by than Curley but the point is that the umps have got a very silly bee in their bonnet and all tne teams ought to stick together to put them in their place before they do anymore damage.:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back