Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
I wish Geelong had never traded away Matthew Robbins. He's been fantastic at the Bulldogs and he was basically their only good player yesterday. We'd have beaten the Dogs by 15 goals if not for him.

On the other hand, the Roos are quite welcome to Leigh Who because we got Spriggs in that trade, and Spriggs has been quite a coup; a better footballer than the Filth by far.

Who do you wish your team had hung onto, and who was good to trade away?

I would love to have had Paul Williams in last years GF.

In a few years I think I'll be wishing we still had Davis and I still rate Adkins as a talent but he needs to put his head down.

Carey - but for circumstances (we all know)
Pike - but for circumstances (apparently he had a bad day at a Roos function)
Bell - but for circumstances (home)
Welsh - but for circumstances (home)

Every regret left for non football reasons

Perhaps Schwass but I would like to think it was a Win-Win for the Swans and the Roos - we both got club champions - perhaps we edge them out because we got a Norm Smith Medalist and he is still on our list.

Geelong are still unhappy about Leigh I see.

I suppose we have equally bad feelings about Pagan so I can't really talk.

We didn't "lose" Matthew Primus but we were pretty close to getting him. And Plugger. But I digress.

Originally posted by Generalissimo
I wish Geelong had never traded away Matthew Robbins. He's been fantastic at the Bulldogs and he was basically their only good player yesterday. We'd have beaten the Dogs by 15 goals if not for him.

On the other hand, the Roos are quite welcome to Leigh Who because we got Spriggs in that trade, and Spriggs has been quite a coup; a better footballer than the Filth by far.

Who do you wish your team had hung onto, and who was good to trade away?

Fantastic is over the top, he is yet to put together a full good season but he has been good at times. I wish we hadn't have traded Brett Montgomery, Stephen Powell, Leon Cameron and the great one

Originally posted by Generalissimo

I'm not too disappointed that we traded Matthew Robbins. I can't remember exactly what we got out of the trade, but our club has moved on and has the likes of Wojcinski and Rooke who can play a similar role as Robbins does.

I dont think we should have ever traded Aaron Lord to Hawthorn. We got Tim Hargraves (total hack) in the deal... totally screwed, thank you very much Gary Ayres!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by hotpie
We didn't "lose" Matthew Primus but we were pretty close to getting him. And Plugger. But I digress.

I don't think plugger would have done you much good to be honest - he was at his best basically when Colingwood were at their worst. Sure he would have got you a few places higher on the table and you might have played a final or 2 but I don't think he would have made you a premiership contender.

In addition Plugger calmed down because the spotlight was off him on the streets of Sydney - something that would not have happened at collingwood. He might have stayed the Angry young man that he was at the Saints

And getting him might have cost you draft picks that you have since used to get players ready for finals footy.

You lost nothing by not getting Lockett

Primus would be bloody handy about now though for the pies

Originally posted by Ausgard
Geelong are still unhappy about Leigh I see.

I suppose we have equally bad feelings about Pagan so I can't really talk.

Not all Geelong supporters are unhappy about Leigh Colbert leaving.... when you see the players we picked up because of that trade, Cameron Mooney, David Spriggs, Kent Kingsley and Corey Enright, I for one certainly would rather be on Geelong's end of the trade then the Kangaroos at this point in time.

Against my better judgement, Scott Cummings. We definitely did better out of the trade though. Barry Brooks too, but we probably don't need him much at the minute. I was also a Bode fan, but can't complain about Shaun Burgoyne instead.

Also Rhett Biglands and Scott Bassett, even if only to get something for them leaving....again, probably not an urgent need for them.

Its been pretty pain free so far, but I think in about three years there might be some painful trades.

I have to say Leon Cameron he was doggies through and through but i guess you have to rade good players and in the end we got some qualty youngsters out of the picks from that trade and im both sides were happy with that deal.

Re: Re: Wish we'd kept him

Originally posted by ScouseCat

I dont think we should have ever traded Aaron Lord to Hawthorn. We got Tim Hargraves (total hack) in the deal... totally screwed, thank you very much Gary Ayres!! :rolleyes:

hehehe - that still provides many a giggle to Hawthorn supporters, not that Lordy was that great either.

McPharlin, but we had no choice.

Jarman & Barnard - he was a champion and Barnard was a good player, but at least we got Salmon and Chick.

But the big one for me was Brad Scott - just the sort of player we need. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Wish we'd kept him

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
hehehe - that still provides many a giggle to Hawthorn supporters, not that Lordy was that great either.

Jarman & Barnard - he was a champion and Barnard was a good player, but at least we got Salmon and Chick.

But we got Barker in that deal goalden, i reckon thats win/win

i agree with your others, some older ones would be Paul Hudson and Barry Rowlings

Originally posted by ScouseCat
Not all Geelong supporters are unhappy about Leigh Colbert leaving.... when you see the players we picked up because of that trade, Cameron Mooney, David Spriggs, Kent Kingsley and Corey Enright, I for one certainly would rather be on Geelong's end of the trade then the Kangaroos at this point in time.

Kingsley was traded for draft picks wasn't he?

Nothing to do with Colbert.

Moomba

Re: Re: Re: Wish we'd kept him

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk

What about Hawthorn letting Gary Ablett go at the end of the 1982 season?? We all know how great a player Gary was... just imagine if he'd been able to settle in at Glenferrie Oval... you guys would have won even more flags in that period.

Originally posted by Lockyer24
Brenton Sanderson, Paul Williams or Mal Michael would be handy -but Nick Davis will be our biggest loss.

Here, here. esp Sanderson. Willo was an awkward one. Also, Brett James -though retired.

Davis will hurt.

Originally posted by moomba
Kingsley was traded for draft picks wasn't he?

Nothing to do with Colbert.

Moomba

I'm not too sure Moomba... I actually added Kent Kingsley after I'd posted it because I couldn't quite remember what the exact trades were. If that's the case, it was probably a trade done to give the Kangaroos a pick in the draft after they'd traded some to Geelong in the Colbert deal.

- Stephen Powell and Brett Montgomery. Both very good players and we got totally jibbed in the trade, getting the Eagle in return

- Leon Cameron because he has done alright at Richmond and because u never wanna lose guys like that

- Kingsley because he is the great one and we got bugger all in return

- Simon Cox, although he got a lot of chances at us. He was very good for us for the first half of 2001 and was very good at the Hawks last season

- Andrew Thompson, we had him on the supp list :(

Didn't wanna lose Penny either but seeing the tool wanted to go, we didn't have much of a choice

Kent Kinglsey was traded to us for draft picks, nothing to do with Colbert and it was the year after as well ScouseCat so nothing to do with what so ever

Originally posted by hotpie
Hafey still bleeds about the board not taking Quinlan.
We had Roos too but the Roy's backed out fearing a backlash..

Originally posted by pazza
Losing Heffernan and Moorcroft without getting at least something in return may come back to bite the Bombers...some Essendon fans on sight would suggest it already has.

Moorcroft? That little red head **** that took one mark? You must be joking!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back