Rookie 28: Oliver Dempsey (2021 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly an Isaac Heeney type, a very good goalkicker in the APS comp capable of some big bags.

Dont know how he went in school footy, but his 2 vafa u19s games went well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211126-155154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211126-155154_Chrome.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 434
I thought they said he kicked 6 in his last game .. from the MF... happy to be corrected there.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no idea about footy abilities but a really good basketball family
He is a little light at the moment
However his older brother is a big unit
His focus was always on basketball as was his brothers
Was never going to be tall enough for bball
Will have heaps of skill
Nice kid also

Ollie runs both ways, takes a very good mark, seems agile, shares the ball - could be a player. Pity he's not a leftie.

Lots to like about that snippet of his footy, I agree. Reads the ball well in the air and meets it with strong hands. Second efforts also appear very solid.

Look forward to seeing him out there with the Bankers next year.

Ollie runs both ways, takes a very good mark, seems agile, shares the ball - could be a player. Pity he's not a leftie.
I don't see him as a outside or soft player and conversely, unlike many other players, he doesn't get drawn into a congested situation when there is no need but rather astutely stays on the perimeter which in this brief video he does on several occasions. He will even help out his team with his impressive leap in the odd ruck contest, still plenty raw but much to like about this kid 'Sire of Claude' as you've previously alluded - "Ollie runs both ways, takes a very good mark, seems agile, shares the ball" 👍

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back