Traded 12. Cooper Stephens (2020-2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when?

Its an interesting discussion point. Do clubs get points for picking the best kids with early picks... like with Rowell and Anderson. Or does a club like Haw who have hardly had a R1 pick for several years yet still drafted Worpell or whoever. If by some way ..Jeka turn into a gun .. I will be might frustraited yet how could one do any more than tip your hat to them.
Basically do you get defined by the guns you pick or who does the best with the picks you have. With an AA and an up and coming CHF picked in the 40's I think we have held our own.

..and id say Clark last year and CooperS this year .. I think we are on track to have the media drooling at wells again...

I beg to differ tbh. We need campaigners, we're a bit of a 'nice' football team atm. How many players do we have that will actually fly the flag? Stewart? Joel? Cocky when actually on the park? There's not many.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Extremely overrated role. Rather have good blokes at the club creating a good culture.

Extremely overrated role. Rather have good blokes at the club creating a good culture.

Fair point, but you're dead wrong if you think a bloke like Bailey Smith isn't good for club culture. Players love him, supporters love him, and while he may seem a little arrogant to some he really is just a kid doing everything he can to get the best out of himself. Sets the training and diet standards at the ripe old age of 19 at the Dogs, hopefully Cooper can do something similar, definitely looks to have a similar mentality with that rig of his.

Smith is like a Selwood type, he'd be captain of the Dogs in 5 years if it wasn't for Bonts youngish age.

What do you consider behaviour that warrants being called a flog? Last time I checked I’ve never seen Bailey Smith pose for photos like this for the herald sun.View attachment 794927View attachment 794928

I dare say Cooper's been instructed by the photographer there. Not sure the journalists forced Bailey Smith to tell them about his "Eye fillet and red wine jus" in every interview in the lead up to the draft. One look at "Bazlenka's" instagram tells you all you need to know, blatant flog.

I dare say Cooper's been instructed by the photographer there. Not sure the journalists forced Bailey Smith to tell them about his "Eye fillet and red wine jus" in every interview in the lead up to the draft. One look at "Bazlenka's" instagram tells you all you need to know, blatant flog.
Lol a just turned 19 year old kid is a blatant flog? At least he hasn’t been filmed surfing in a suit

Lol a just turned 19 year old kid is a blatant flog? At least he hasn’t been filmed surfing in a suit
You’ve had your fun, it's time to run along and go back to your kennel

Hate to play Devils Advocate, but in fact, they did. The reason Bailey's "Eye fillet with red wine jus" was brought up on so many occasions was due to Smith's stringent calorie and macro count and the fact that he cooks all of his meals by himself. The recruiters and media knew this, hence bringing it up in interviews to create a puff piece pre and post draft. The Instagram, well that's up to you. I see it as a kid living his dream and being young on social media, you see it as him being a flog. I won't debate with you there, it's a simple matter of opinion.

Hate to play Devils Advocate, but in fact, they did. The reason Bailey's "Eye fillet with red wine jus" was brought up on so many occasions was due to Smith's stringent calorie and macro count and the fact that he cooks all of his meals by himself. The recruiters and media knew this, hence bringing it up in interviews to create a puff piece pre and post draft. The Instagram, well that's up to you. I see it as a kid living his dream and being young on social media, you see it as him being a flog. I won't debate with you there, it's a simple matter of opinion.

Bailey is from my kids local footy club. He came back last year and was fantastic with the kids. Showed some self deprecating humour as well. He just seemed like a nice, confident kid typical of what you see in this Insta, Look at Me, Snapcrap era they live in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be young on social media is the definition of being a flog :)

I will say that it's pretty easy to get taken for a ride by a journo looking for a story. I got interviewed by a local paper at the same age before going on student exchange and I came across as an ignorant spoiled brat. I wasn't from a wealthy family and was hugely grateful for the opportunity but it didn't go over well with the sponsors. The journo didn't mean to make it a hatchet job either, people just read whatever context they want into any gaps they see regardless of whether that's accurate.

So maybe both these kids are flogs, but probably neither of them are.

I will say that it's pretty easy to get taken for a ride by a journo looking for a story. I got interviewed by a local paper at the same age before going on student exchange and I came across as an ignorant spoiled brat. I wasn't from a wealthy family and was hugely grateful for the opportunity but it didn't go over well with the sponsors. The journo didn't mean to make it a hatchet job either, people just read whatever context they want into any gaps they see regardless of whether that's accurate.

So maybe both these kids are flogs, but probably neither of them are.

I can confirm Cooper is anything but a flog.
He's as genuine as kid as you could hope for.
If anything, he's worked ******* hard to be in the condition that he is in and he's proud of himself and his look.
I've worked hard to get the upper body (I say that because Cooper has far better abs than I do...) and I barely need an excuse to show it off... good luck to him.
He looks great, and he should be proud of it.

If anything, he's worked ******* hard to be in the condition that he is in and he's proud of himself and his look.
I've worked hard to get the upper body (I say that because Cooper has far better abs than I do...) and I barely need an excuse to show it off... good luck to him.

Could even be perceived as a lack of self confidence, maybe he's trying to impress the naysayers, who knows.
All l think you can go on is what they say when interviewed, and so far all our young recruits have handled themselves outstandingly well imo.

Photo or I call bullshit ;-)

Try to be positive, hope he has an awesome career but fear Wells is trying to make up for not picking Worpel.

Constable was an excellent pick big difference in opportunity at the highest level. Worpel got blooded hawthorn were outside of the 8 where Geelong was on top of the ladder in 2019.

Chris Scott went with the mature options like Guthrie, Menegola etc. If the ladder positions were reversed I think constable and worpels numbers would project very similar.

Its pick (36) & (45) so everybody missed worpel. For mine constable has better scope for improvement as I feel he needs to grow into that body and work his tank quite a bit. Around that 190 or 6'3 height.

Worpel looks very handy and excelled last season but I think Constable looks a type who has more scope for development physically than worpel does.

Constables AFL & especially VFL numbers were off the charts realistically. 2020 Constable should be a lock for best 22 if Chris Scott is serious about building a contender for now and into the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back