Senior 16. Sam De Koning (2020 -)

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely different reaction to lets say Flanders lol

Flanders would have been sitting there going yes got through Sydney, phew don't have to move to Adelaide, no no no not Freo, yesssssssss, some VIC clubs coming up now...........oh you've got to be ******* kidding me, GC, * off.

He speaks extremely well. I'm also positive the club projects him to be forward-ruck. Defender would be last resort.

Hopefully his body is still growing and gets a little more width. He's pretty narrow (another reason why not ideal to be a defender).

He speaks extremely well. I'm also positive the club projects him to be forward-ruck. Defender would be last resort.

Hopefully his body is still growing and gets a little more width. He's pretty narrow (another reason why not ideal to be a defender).

What makes you say that? We'll only have one KPD once HT retires.

Don't mind this pick. Hard to find 201cm mobile guys that can mark. Was hoping for Robertson here, but I realise this is a better pick now.
SavRat and DeKoning as Bookends. I am totally okay with that.
Gotta remember that many Key Forwards these days are near or above 200cm... A mobile 201cm Key Defender has the reach to spoil or mark.
Stingy Defences Win Flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those comments about being 22-24 cm's shorter (177-179 cm's) and then growing but still keeping his midfielder attributes, have really, really made me like him a lot more now. Could actually be perfect as a ruck in the future, given that ability to play like Grundy as an extra mid.

Also, his interview and his absolute jubilation in the vid on the Geelong site, is just the best. Was doubtful last night, all doubt gone now. A player that has mid attributes, can play forward, def and ruck, could be something very very special down the track.

Seems like a great kid, and yet another like Stephens who'll be Geelong for life. Booyah!

His excitement at being selected and his love for the club makes me glad we got him. Has a good pair of hands like Rata, and I think that both will be around for 10+ years and maybe sorts our KPF and KPD makes me happy.

Maybe just pick up a young ruck now to hopefully sort our spine would be a great result for us.

Really like this pick the more I sit on it and go over his highlights.

Seems like he has some great skills by foot and hand, as well as a great reader of the game and the ball in flight in the air.

Very versatile and quick. Plays more like someone 190cm rather than 201cm.

Especially once he fills out I think we have a great player on our hands.

Reminds me a lot of a Harris Andrews type player.

Some of the prospective 200+cm players just have no footy awareness or smarts and no matter what you just can’t teach it to them. This boy has a footy brain and good skills.

Am coming to really like this pick

Welcome I'm not sure if Geelong can replace Tim Kelly or find Tom Stewart level output in this draft.

On paper though I'm extremely happy as a cats supporter De Koning & Cooper Steven's I think if not for some bolters and injury both could of been taken inside top 6-15.

From the GFC Website

GO Catters

Definitely only a defender. Reminds me of blends of Lonergan, Henderson, and Blicavs.

Seems to be very aware of the need to get it to someone quickly who can use it better than him.
A good piece to the puzzle for a few years time.

Oddly he actually looks a pretty decent kick which I wasn’t expecting.

This kid seems like the perfect mixture of Blicavs and Stewart, think he will develop into a good player for us, seems to have composure.

Looks a lot better than his brother.

The kid seems to get a lot of negative vibes from the community of Bigfooty ... I wonder if any of that has to do with the fact people probably compare him to his brother who looks just an average Ok prospect.

Not sure on those that think Tom De Koning is “average”. He’s a ruck and needed to put on “big”weight but he had some unbelievable VFL games this year after inj the year before. He’ll be a very good player. All my Carl mates wouldn’t trade him for a 1st Rd pick. Maybe get a grab of his highlights. He’s a classic mark.

Micheal Agresta the Carl list manager named him as his one to watch next year.

If Sam can track the same way I’ll be happy. Heck let’s bring Tom down as apparently we need a young ruck

Those comments about being 22-24 cm's shorter (177-179 cm's) and then growing but still keeping his midfielder attributes, have really, really made me like him a lot more now. Could actually be perfect as a ruck in the future, given that ability to play like Grundy as an extra mid.

Also, his interview and his absolute jubilation in the vid on the Geelong site, is just the best. Was doubtful last night, all doubt gone now. A player that has mid attributes, can play forward, def and ruck, could be something very very special down the track.

Seems like a great kid, and yet another like Stephens who'll be Geelong for life. Booyah!
He thinks of himself as “a tall man in [with] a small man’s brain”. I love it 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back