Senior 9. Max Holmes (2021-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems a lot of big footy posters should submit resumes to AFL clubs as scouts. Wish I knew as much about all these draftees as some do

I don't know a lot about the player but we managed to keep our FR1 out of Cameron negotiations and then pull a very poor trade with Richmond where we face a big downside risk.

If we're looking for some speedy ball movement up to Hawkins and Cameron in the forward line, he's exactly the type of player we need.

Looking forward to seeing you in the hoops Max, welcome to Geelong!

in wells we trust.

But just to confirm ; did we just give up our first round next year (which is supposed to be a very good draft) in exchange for pick 20 this draft? I would have thought we could have moved higher than 20 if our first was on offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wait what? How did we get pick 20?

If we're looking for some speedy ball movement up to Hawkins and Cameron in the forward line, he's exactly the type of player we need.

Looking forward to seeing you in the hoops Max, welcome to Geelong!
Hawkins is 33 next year. He aint going to be around when this kid is playing afl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao, it won't be pick 10. It'll be like 20 again.
he puts it in there for effect,...and technically it could be pick 10.... but realistically no...

Granted... he also said he was closing his account and leaving so his ability to speak truth is severely crap.

Go Catters

Read the trading and draft thread. Large majority thing it was a poor trade
Who gives a * what pringles and coke eating couch potatoes think. Not one person on the drafts board is on a recruiting team at an afl club.

Bunch of know nothing bums. Knightmare et al excepted.

Hrm, trading a future first for a speculative pick...

Would've hoped we'd trade up for a known quantity, but...here's where we are

We could have just traded pick 10 in an exposed draft for pick 20 in an unexposed draft. Unacceptable downside risk IMO regardless of the player.

Yeah, these are my feelings too. Club must be backing themselves to finish top next year - which you'd expect, but at the same time....damn that's risky.

No NGA draft tampering shenanigans next year either, so what we get is what we're giving away

What's the longest a club's gone without a top 10 pick?

All that said, welcome to the club - hope he puts the doubters to rest in record time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back