Senior 33. Shannon Neale (2021-)

Shannon mate, take the money!

Nothing wrong with looking at life after football and considering other aspects of ones life

And good on the youngster for not putting all eggs in one basket - he's not going to be a footballer forever, so having plans for a career and the next step of his life sounds a really solid, and him very grounded for an 18 year old

LifeSpan-Void

So, you’re leaving.
Jun 7, 2005
The belly of a snake
AFL Club
Geelong
Nothing wrong with looking at life after football and considering other aspects of ones life

And good on the youngster for not putting all eggs in one basket - he's not going to be a footballer forever, so having plans for a career and the next step of his life sounds a really solid, and him very grounded for an 18 year old
I can speak with experience when I say that nursing is currently hell, grossly underpaid and overworked and paeds is maybe the single scariest specialty when a 28-day neonate desats to 60% without warning at 3am. IMO the amount of education and training you have to do to get that qualification currently doesn’t justify the stress or poor financial return but I can’t fault his moral compass though!

Jemaine

All Australian
Mar 17, 2009
Inner City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toothbrush Jars & Camera Phones
Bet that's not the first time you've joined in with 43 pussies hey Nealesy? Just tooting your horn mate. Anyway while I have ya cob any chance you could pop around KP to drop off the Australia's Funniest Home Videos box set you borrowed back in '97? The ball and chain has been strangling my scrote about it all week. Alright chief hoo roo catchya later

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
How quick is Rhys Stanley @ 20m and 100m sprints? Compared to this guy?

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Mature kid, definitely passes the 'character' test.

Great story in the making here. What a quality young man to bring down to the club. Even if he doesn't make it as a footballer (and I see no reason that he won't, if the G&D of that chase-down is what we can expect from him in the future), he will be a fantastic influence around the place in the days to come.

Get around him...

He was not top 10 in any running category in 2008 is the best I can find.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
A bloke that size running the 400 like that.... r u kidding me? That anaerobic into that aerobic cross over is murder... but in a 202 bloke.. wow.

FFS and I know its the lower level but him running that kid down in D 50.... thats a mindset as much as the physical tools to do it.

Watching the footage, albeit brief, he reminded my of Max King in his marking and kicking style. A high bar for comparison and not suggesting he's that level or will be, but as raw talent goes, its a great place to start.

GO Catters

Prob

If you asked him to run 400 in 50+ whatever he'd laugh at you.
Seriously it's not footballer stuff!

Something good has come out of Duncan returning to Perth in the offseason... Wonder if the club gave him some items to throw in his bag in preparation for last night

40547D92-B42A-462C-B932-18DDB5E3A27A.jpeg

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
He is a beast but no not much more than being very capable.

I was surprised Walsh didnt get picked up? Thought you chaps would.
He and other were not drafted...that sort of draft. Id thought a geelong kid might have been an attractive option considering a young ruck will probably not play for years.. but we must have liked the athletic attributes

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Something good has come out of Duncan returning to Perth in the offseason... Wonder if the club gave him some items to throw in his bag in preparation for last night

View attachment 1026110

Again with the scratcher...LOL ..considering he wishes to be a nurse .. it may or may not be appropriate..

Having watched footage* of Tsapatolis' on the track last night I'll be backing Scratcher in to position himself as the club's post-Stanley ruckman (unless we end up trading in a ready-made mature ager from another club in the interim).

* couldn't call them highlights, that's for sure - the long streak of Greek has a long way to go, hands like rubber at this stage
Footage of Tsapatolis? All I've seen is him playing basketball

Any link?

MelbCat

All Australian
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool
Good call Daz - he has a bit of Max King about him but I'm seeing he probably is a better athlete. Someone that size working even harder than Hawk(who took his running to a new level this year), would be a pretty special forward in years to come.
First time in a very long time that I've seen Hawk running so freely. Must of had some treatment on his back to free him up.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

View attachment 1026110

Perfect having Mitch drop in to say hello to the family, the kid has huge potential, can really see him a Max King like type.
Really worth watching in the two's.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
Perfect having Mitch drop in to say hello to the family, the kid has huge potential, can really see him a Max King like type.
Really worth watching in the two's.

Yes.
With no real sightings of the '19 draftees and now an "interesting" quartet in 2020 and Okunbor back on the track it will interesting watching them all go around in the twos this year. Whatever twos means from now on.

Tackle_happy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2011
Brunswick West
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes.
With no real sightings of the '19 draftees and now an "interesting" quartet in 2020 and Okunbor back on the track it will interesting watching them all go around in the twos this year. Whatever twos means from now on.
22 round comp meaning less of those byes that seemed to be popping up in the VFL over the last few years. Will mean more match development for a lot of the kids. All of the eastern seaboard so learn to travel, and play in different types of conditions against a bigger pool of different player types (and team strategies).

Younger guys may tire a little quicker, but from memory we have had to have a few sit out games here and there to be able to ensure everyone gets game time. At least now, when a younger player does sit out a couple to rest there's still plenty of games in the season to keep on with actual match type development.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
In his highlights on the cats website and little bits I've read Neale seems as much a forward as a ruck, at his height he'd be a great asset in a forward line hopefully more King than Wright. With he and Tsapatolis as well as Dekoning last year we are looking like having developing players across most positions for the future. Still need an elite young midfielder to replace the ones we have but we have some decent prospects there and now some good tall timber to go with Esava and Kreuger.

Back