Senior 33. Shannon Neale (2021-)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
In his highlights on the cats website and little bits I've read Neale seems as much a forward as a ruck, at his height he'd be a great asset in a forward line hopefully more King than Wright. With he and Tsapatolis as well as Dekoning last year we are looking like having developing players across most positions for the future. Still need an elite young midfielder to replace the ones we have but we have some decent prospects there and now some good tall timber to go with Esava and Kreuger.

spot on.... it no long seems borderline desperate.. it now moves into if an abobious player screams to be added then we can but we dont have to hope for a mythical ideal kid to want to come to geelong.

Im sure Neale will get a chance forward of the ball , his height and leap .. will make a match up problem

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
The coordination of a lot of big blokes these days is unreal.

moves well MacStraddy, but he was quite fumbly too I thought - I've seen worse kicking mechanics from big men, that aspect was ok, but he seemed to judge it poorly in the air ... anyway, long way to go and I fully acknowledge it was just a couple of minutes of footage.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Like the dual KF and ruck potential with Neale. Looks pretty solid already with a slightly scary look ! Don’t think he’d be easily intimidated.

could be a flight risk but if that happens might give us some ND bargaining stock.

Played for the Jandacot Jets and South Freo - they breed them tough there , he’ll go alright👍

The coordination of a lot of big blokes these days is unreal.

I remember when Geelong recruited Stephen Reynoldson and we thought that he was huge in the old days. He was 191 cm and 90 Kgs. (6 ft 3 and 198 lbs in the old scale). Todays kids are monstrous heights, but they are athletic and mobile and coordinated.
Where would we be without all those steroids and antibiotics in our meat products?

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Not sure if its the teeth or the dark hair but a bit of Justin Madden about this one.

Really like seeing Freddy in the drills being vocal and leading the way.

GO Catters

Saw Kreuger over here after the Eagles game - he and Zac G were the emergencies and did a session after the game.
Freddie looked very athletic and handled the ball really smoothly- his skills looked very solid as well.
Something about him - I hope he gets a good run of games to show what he’s got👍

May 8, 2006
Melborne
AFL Club
Geelong
Saw Kreuger over here after the Eagles game - he and Zac G were the emergencies and did a session after the game.
Freddie looked very athletic and handled the ball really smoothly- his skills looked very solid as well.
Not the Freddie thread, I know, but I share the enthusiasm. Saw a game in 2019 where Freddie was directing his fellow forwards, very vocal. TBH Freddie didn’t win a lot of ball that day but did show some great second efforts/agility and hit a beautiful 50+ metre pass off one step. (I thought at the time, might be handy at CHB).

Anyway - potential of Neale (plus Cameron, Sav, Jenkins) lessens the reliance on Freddie to be the next KF.

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes i agree i think Freddie will be one of them guy's that looks ever better in the AFL than VFL

Back