Senior 33. Shannon Neale (2021-)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Yes, that was great work and vital....but its hard to go past Enright IMO....that said, I am not dogmatic about it and you could build a case for the Taylor pick without too much effort....
Taylor for picking for need/ immediate impact.
Enright for value (pick number vs player quality)

BIGANT

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2006
Glenelg
AFL Club
Geelong
Wasnt Isaac Smith in the same draft as Harry ? There was robust discussion at the time amongst us all over that pick. It worked out well for both us & the hawks in the end....

Wasnt Isaac Smith in the same draft as Harry ? There was robust discussion at the time amongst us all over that pick. It worked out well for both us & the hawks in the end....

No harry was 2007.

Smith was pick 19 in 2010 we took smedts at 15 and guthrie at 23.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
No harry was 2007.

Smith was pick 19 in 2010 we took smedts at 15 and guthrie at 23.
Billies highlight
1609278389395.png

So umm, that Shannon Neale kid we drafted - has anyone heard how he's adapted to preseason training or other such news on the kid

Surely cats_09, discussion about Shannon Neale belongs in another thread.

Looked to be striding out nicely in the latest clip...maybe not this year..but you never know..

We dont need him this year necessarily but we do in 2-3 years when Stanley is retiring or no longer best 22. Important kid for us moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Has some serious size about him now... When he Flexes I mean... :)

I wonder if he has good ball reading, he is a smooth runner though, has some pace. Hopefully his skills keep developing.

A70I3207.jpg

Not that I needed confirmation of his asset to us, but that bump in the first 1/4 he took / layed to contest a ball in dispute was brilliant.

Never waivered from his commitment to the contest. Came off second best but it was great mindset to see.

He's the real deal. Should be our #1 re-signing priority.

And if that means spend the $$ - then ******* spend the money.

GO Catters

Kicked 15 in 7 games as a Forward.

Not sure id play him as ruck in the AFL side as thats not really what hes been doing...

But he's gotta get a shot soon

GO Catters

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Kicked 15 in 7 games as a Forward.

Not sure id play him as ruck in the AFL side as thats not really what hes been doing...

But he's gotta get a shot soon

GO Catters
He can pinch hit in the ruck, it’s not all about the tap outs.
It’s about when the ball hits the deck and around the ground, which I think he can do pretty easily IMO

The thing I like is the bread and butter ones. Mark ..go back and kick the goal. If he can do that at AFL level he becomes a very valuable player.

Yes...I noticed that at every set shot, the goal umpire didn't move.

Looks like a very competent set shot. The lad kicks the goals when its delivered to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back