Delisted 21. Nicholas Stevens (2021- 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what role he is going to play.... we have a truck load of defenders this size. He is neither a small or a tall defender... and with MOC and Stewart and Henry and Kolo ... I cant quite see it ...but look forward to seeing him play.
Yeah agree. Nothing against the kid personally, he seems an appropriate selection at the pick. But list balance wise why do we need another 190cm defender?

Virus

I’m pretty good looking
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Any relation to the St Kilda champion that we recently had retire a year early?

Yeah agree. Nothing against the kid personally, he seems an appropriate selection at the pick. But list balance wise why do we need another 190cm defender?
The cupboard is pretty bare beyond the guys who are on the field, and Stewart, Blicavs, Henderson and Tuohy will all be 30 or older at the start of next season.

pick 47? I thought we had pick 51. Can we have a thread explaining how all these pick changes are going down as the afl website is complete rubbish. what did we give up to get to pick 47?
If i recall and BF was crashing at this point, 51 became 47 with the use of later picks for points that other clubs used to match bids on their Academy players.

So 51 to 47 didnt cost us anything in this case I believe. Happy to be corrected.

GO Catters

I didn't think we needed medium sized defenders.... But if he is good enough, he is good enough.
Time will tell.

With his vision and endurance id be hoping we develop him into a tall midfielder honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cupboard is pretty bare beyond the guys who are on the field, and Stewart, Blicavs, Henderson and Tuohy will all be 30 or older at the start of next season.
Blitz and hendo are taller at the KP end and I advocate getting a KPD but we're deep enough for sub 195cm defenders I feel.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
With his vision and endurance id be hoping we develop him into a tall midfielder honestly.

That would change the scope of the pick..... but listening to Troy S... they knew what he was like , having him at the club..so very much a package ..the right personality etc.. very good kick and has been playing flank wing yet his frame to me resonates more a inside player than an out side player..

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Stevens trained with the club so they’d have a good idea of him as a player and person. Could be a midfielder or defender looking forward to seeing him play. We do need some more running defenders coming through. Perhaps Steven or Holmes could play that role with Clark.
My thoughst exactly...

WE drafted three players that all bring run..

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't think we needed medium sized defenders.... But if he is good enough, he is good enough.
Time will tell.

From a U16 champs write-up on the Vic Metro v Vic Country game:

GWV Rebels’ Nick Stevens was named as Country’s best, booting a goal and combining well between midfield and half-forward.

So it sounds like he's versatile, could end up being a tall mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back