Senior 13. Jhye Clark (2022 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

He's already in. Who removes him?
as medi sub? who would you flip from the senior line up with holmes coming in if he was to be a b22 starter?? i cannot imagine we spent a first round pick on bruhn if we believed he was fringe 22, so i imagine he plays rnd1 off their current assessment.

I don't think he is a walk up best 22, which is a good thing to have that sort of calibre competing for a spot given injuries etc.

When both were up and about I had both Parfitt and O’Connor in our top 10 at that time, bit harsh to judge after their injury interrupted year.
This is a pointless exercise yes, (we love all of them after all) but of the following ten players off the top of my head, who are the two you have Parfitt and O’Connor in front off (I’m curious)?

Hawkins
Cameron
Guthrie
Blicavs
Dekoning
Stewart
Holmes (Selwood this year)
Close
Stengle
Dangerfield

as medi sub? who would you flip from the senior line up with holmes coming in if he was to be a b22 starter?? i cannot imagine we spent a first round pick on bruhn if we believed he was fringe 22, so i imagine he plays rnd1 off their current assessment.

I don't think he is a walk up best 22, which is a good thing to have that sort of calibre competing for a spot given injuries etc.
No way does Bruhn force out Parfitt on form or talent at present. Only if Parfitt breaks down with injury.

No way does Bruhn force out Parfitt on form or talent at present. Only if Parfitt breaks down with injury.
Ive seen a bit of Bruhn, a lot of Parfitt and plenty of Clark, and Clark has the other two covered comfortably as a footballer and won’t take too long for everyone else to agree.

Ive seen a bit of Bruhn, a lot of Parfitt and plenty of Clark, and Clark has the other two covered comfortably as a footballer and won’t take too long for everyone else to agree.
Maybe. Parfitt ahead of Bruhn at this stage though? We don't want to lose him at his relatively young age. There will be teams after him.

This is a pointless exercise yes, (we love all of them after all) but of the following ten players off the top of my head, who are the two you have Parfitt and O’Connor in front off (I’m curious)?

Hawkins
Cameron
Guthrie
Blicavs
Dekoning
Stewart
Holmes (Selwood this year)
Close
Stengle
Dangerfield

This was pre-SDK emerging, along with Close and Stengle. When Parfitt was ON he was as important as Guthrie, hopefully he’ll be back to his best next season, a nice luxury to have..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was pre-SDK emerging, along with Close and Stengle. When Parfitt was ON he was as important as Guthrie, hopefully he’ll be back to his best next season, a nice luxury to have..

I like Parfitt, but he’s slow and can’t kick. He’s a defensive mid, it’s not a question of whether he takes Selwood’s spots, he’s not going to lead the midfield. Parfitt and Atkins are vying for the same role.

GWS was keeping Bruhn away from the middle of the ground the way Tom Hawkins has been keeping his feet away from jumping.

GWS had no faith in him in there and that might be proven right or wrong... but it's a fact that they just didn't want him in there, otherwise he would have been rotated more through the guts and developed better in what I'm hoping is his primary long term position (because he certainly wasn't looking like an opportunist small forward).

Parfitt is a beast on the inside and rated as an at least decent center square / defensive player.

If Bruhn can go past Parf in one preseason I'll be extremely happy (Hopefully eventually he can... although I'm not sure about it).

Bowes will probably get center square time ahead than Bruhn... Parf almost definitely will... Clark might even quickly go past him.

Anyway, I hope they all are fit and playing good footy, I especially hope the younger guys are improving.

With a big preseason + natural 3rd-year improvement, Holmes could go real AA-level wingman next year (the kid is a weapon).

The more fit and in-form players we have available the better. Depth is strong and positions in the side will be hard to nab.

As people know with me... Ima need to see Bruhn step up and do it before I believe that he can do it at the top level (still a worthwhile trade & I feel he was a likely upgrade on Stephens)... Maybe just getting hugley fit will help a bunch because he seems a goer in tight and looks to be bulking up but lacks an outside running game.

Last edited:
To win a flag you probably need 26-30 guys who can play senior footy at a high level. We are pretty close to that. Not a lot of teams have our quality of depth. So yes a few of these guys we have bought in may not be in our best 22 but we will need them for injury cover, if players are down on form and rotating older players to ensure we are in tip top shape come September as we were this year. We are in a very strong position.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am still trying to work out who he pushes out of the starting team on grand final day when you throw max holmes in for selwood?? Who does re replace from the midfield?
Bruhn simply will need to improve and improve a bunch to be pushing anyone out of our side.

Hopefully he does... But I'm expecting him to be playing plenty of VFL next season, and that may not even be a bad thing.

He was developed poorly IMO by GWS when they just plonked him in the forward third of the ground... Played on 9 games in the VFL in 2 years after not playing much U18 footy at all... So he really hasn't had many games playing as a pure mid in the last 3 years (yeah AFL games is good... but maybe a good run of VFL games in the guts would be better for his fitness/development.

Clark is younger but has been playing pure mid, week in week out for a while now. He looks like the kinda kid that should play some games for sure this year. Maybe when he gets his chance he is just so good that he holds a spot (time will tell).

We got so much guys on the depth chart that will be pushing for a spot.

It'll be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.

The competition should hopefully have them all training their butts off, and that can't be a bad thing.

Can't wait for the season to start... No pressure after winning a flag and some high-talent new recruits to unwrap... It's a great time for us.

Last edited:
I like Parfitt, but he’s slow and can’t kick. He’s a defensive mid, it’s not a question of whether he takes Selwood’s spots, he’s not going to lead the midfield. Parfitt and Atkins are vying for the same role.
I say - give this person a free Gold Rolls Royce - a Gold Roller - or would you prefer a Silver Bentley - because you have summed up Parfitt - 1000% accurately

With Sav - who i think ( given Tom is missing the opening few games ) is still some small chance to make it as a goal square FF - because he is a very stong o/head mark - got a good pair of hands

I do acknowledge Savs limitations - ordinary ball drop when kicking - and lack of football nous or smarts

However the Parfitt Fan club ( and there are stacks of them ) cant see or wont acknowledge the point you made - he is slow and cant kick - they are serious deficiencies for an AFL player

I say - give this person a free Gold Rolls Royce - a Gold Roller - or would you prefer a Silver Bentley - because you have summed up Parfitt - 1000% accurately

With Sav - who i think ( given Tom is missing the opening few games ) is still some small chance to make it as a goal square FF - because he is a very stong o/head mark - got a good pair of hands

I do acknowledge Savs limitations - ordinary ball drop when kicking - and lack of football nous or smarts

However the Parfitt Fan club ( and there are stacks of them ) cant see or wont acknowledge the point you made - he is slow and cant kick - they are serious deficiencies for an AFL player

Not an attack on you at all, but just curious how this notion that Sav has good hands has become this proven asset to his game, when it just simply isn't the case.

He takes 1 spectacular mark every 2-3 weeks, while double grabbing or dropping the others. He hasn't yet learnt basic positioning or craft as a key forward.

Tom is a perfect example. Gets his body in the way or pushes his opponent to the side to protect the drop zone of the ball. Sav on the other hand simply leaps and hopes for the best. When it comes off it looks amazing, but as mentioned previously it only occurs every couple of weeks.

If he is to play as a goal square FF (Which he shouldn't, it's Neales spot if Tom is out) he'll need to be much better with his positioning. It doesn't need to look pretty, just a simple mark is all that's required....but he hasn't yet learnt how to do something that Tom and even Jezza do 5-10 times a game.

He hardly featured at GWS. Parfitt is the superior player. Can't believe the lack of faith in him. Bruhn has to prove his worth.

Im happy to bookmark this one if im wrong.
They might both end up fitting in the 23 and someone else misses out but i am very confident bruhn will be best 23 in finals (if we make it there). He is a very good player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back