Senior 13. Jhye Clark (2022 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

However the Parfitt Fan club ( and there are stacks of them ) cant see or wont acknowledge the point you made - he is slow and cant kick - they are serious deficiencies for an AFL player
Really torn on Parfitt. Hard to get a read on how he might fit into the current ecosystem at the cats.
Fascinating to watch a number of our fringe players ongoing. Parfitt, Menegola, Ratugolea, O’Connor (and possibly Miers)
All would be feeling less than comfortable as we go into 2023.

Really torn on Parfitt. Hard to get a read on how he might fit into the current ecosystem at the cats.
Fascinating to watch a number of our fringe players ongoing. Parfitt, Menegola, Ratugolea, O’Connor (and possibly Miers)

It's exactly what you want at your footy club though. Our depth now is as good as it's been since the dynasty years.

Creating competition for spots is perfect coming off a flag as well. Will light a fire under a few who might get a bit comfortable after the penultimate success, or at the very least just keep everybody on the improve.

We've all seen what a disaster that ended up being at the Dogs when players took the foot of the gas, can't see that being us next year with the new recruits, incremental improvement and most importantly, culture.

What annoys me with the forum a bit - is with Sav - will he make it - or wont he - he has definitely got issues/shortfalls in his game - and there are quite a few posters who will quote stats to the cows come home - saying he is no good

Yet those same posters - overlook Parfitt shortcomings eg lack of pace - and a very ordinary kick - probably in the bottom 10-20 % kicking a football

If Parfitt moved like Max Holmes alah his pace - and he could kick 55 metre drop punts with real penetration - then Parfitt would be a top class player - but he cant do either of those - thats why he wasnt in Geelongs 23 in the finals - and only got in the GF because of Max Holmes injury

Im happy to bookmark this one if im wrong.
They might both end up fitting in the 23 and someone else misses out but i am very confident bruhn will be best 23 in finals (if we make it there). He is a very good player
Is Parfitt not a very good player?

It's exactly what you want at your footy club though. Our depth now is as good as it's been since the dynasty years.

Creating competition for spots is perfect coming off a flag as well. Will light a fire under a few who might get a bit comfortable after the penultimate success, or at the very least just keep everybody on the improve.

We've all seen what a disaster that ended up being at the Dogs when players took the foot of the gas, can't see that being us next year with the new recruits, incremental improvement and most importantly, culture.
I guess we see who steps up to be a leader in the post-selwood era

As a Collingwood supporter is Jhye happy being at the Cats?

I have not seen an interview where he seems genuinely happy or a picture of him smiling.

Is he just a reserved, chilled character?

I have not seen an interview where he seems genuinely happy or a picture of him smiling.

Most players don’t end up playing for the team they support so I imagine he is fine like the others. He is living locally with all his friendly and family so I imagine he is a ok.

I can imagine being called the next Joel selwood then arriving at geelong might be quite a nerve wrecking experience for a kid. Might take a bit of time and some of the boys taking him under their wing to settle down

Same universe that has midfielders pushing Miers out of the forward line:moustache:
Bit of a funny one. I don’t think the way miers is played is as a forward, but more of a gut running two way transition player who adds a lot of value on offensive and defensive running. His aerobic capacity is elite. We just have to shove him HF on paper for the team lodgement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any universe where parfitt doesnt have an injury riddled season.

both are excellent defensively. But Parfitt kills atkins offensively.

I'm just going to let this one go through to the keeper as I just don't have the stomach for these sort of arguments anymore, lol. Love Parf, but Atkins has gone past him with everything he did this year. Won us games through sheer will alone - not something Parf ever did, even when fit. They're both in our best side, regardless.

Any universe where parfitt doesnt have an injury riddled season.

both are excellent defensively. But Parfitt kills atkins offensively.

<<whynothavebothgifmissing>>

I'm just going to let this one go through to the keeper as I just don't have the stomach for these sort of arguments anymore, lol. Love Parf, but Atkins has gone past him with everything he did this year. Won us games through sheer will alone - not something Parf ever did, even when fit. They're both in our best side, regardless.

I'm a huge Parfitt fan, but Atkins spot is very much safe for the forseeable future.

Agree with your sentiment in not pursuing the small stuff sometimes though; we're 2022 summertime Premierin' so why worry about it at this stage - that's why CS and co. are on the payroll.

The club has somehow seemingly redressed the entire post-Selwood midfield mix in one off-season, with Bowes, Clark and Bruhn now vying for senior minutes.
We have reason to hope all 3 have a good chance of staking their claim in 2023.

I'm just going to let this one go through to the keeper as I just don't have the stomach for these sort of arguments anymore,
This is me with most posts since the grand final.

Don't really care to hear the above persons (or anyone else's) criticisms of a Geelong player who I've had on Facebook since school, or of any other Geelong player right now to be honest. Ever since that 2013 prelim I've not had any faith in the team until we beat Richmond this year. I was critical of the coach since that '13 PF and I don't think I had a greater appreciation for how hard winning a premiership is until we lost to Richmond in 2020. That loss to the Tigers, I didn't feel sad -- I was absolutely thrilled to have even been there. Humbled maybe? Pessimism is all I've done on this website for 10 years mate. Time for something new, I'm loving this feeling I'm experiencing of being content.

We support the greatest team mate.

This is me with most posts since the grand final.

Don't really care to hear the above persons (or anyone else's) criticisms of a Geelong player who I've had on Facebook since school, or of any other Geelong player right now to be honest. Ever since that 2013 prelim I've not had any faith in the team until we beat Richmond this year. I was critical of the coach since that '13 PF and I don't think I had a greater appreciation for how hard winning a premiership is until we lost to Richmond in 2020. That loss to the Tigers, I didn't feel sad -- I was absolutely thrilled to have even been there. Humbled maybe? Pessimism is all I've done on this website for 10 years mate. Time for something new, I'm loving this feeling I'm experiencing of being content.

We support the greatest team mate.
Where was the criticism you speak of? All I saw was one poster rating one player above another (on a forum no less).

As this is the Jhye Clark thread, I think he makes them both look like the b graders they are (and we all love of course😄).

We must be watching different interviews all i have seen him do is smile and looks happy he is close to home

I don't think we should dismiss the possibility of Atkins missing out completly out of hand. His 'talent ceiling' is lower than others so a bolter like bruhn/bowes (or parfitt for that matter) may well keel him out of the best 22.

Its possible but at atkins age (hes not a kid) i doubt the club would have just signed atkins for 3 years if they didnt think he would be in the best side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back