Senior 45. Bradley Close (2020-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely stoked Brad has been picked up by an AFL team. He played his junior cricket at my club and by 14 was picking up MOTM awards.His dad was a gun country footballer but I think Brad is the better player. Closey has done it the hard way, making sure he has his studies behind him and then football but still managed to play all season for the premiers of the HFF with stints in the guts in the SANFL.

A natural goal sneak with really quick hands who sees what is unfolding before others, he is a good rookie pick with some real potential being put in a system as good as Geelongs is. He may not make but it won't be because he didn't give it 110% and left every last piece of himself on the track...I thin he will make it and will probably make a trip to the Cattery if he suits up to cheer him on

Absolutely stoked Brad has been picked up by an AFL team. He played his junior cricket at my club and by 14 was picking up MOTM awards.His dad was a gun country footballer but I think Brad is the better player. Closey has done it the hard way, making sure he has his studies behind him and then football but still managed to play all season for the premiers of the HFF with stints in the guts in the SANFL.

A natural goal sneak with really quick hands who sees what is unfolding before others, he is a good rookie pick with some real potential being put in a system as good as Geelongs is. He may not make but it won't be because he didn't give it 110% and left every last piece of himself on the track...I thin he will make it and will probably make a trip to the Cattery if he suits up to cheer him on

any idea on his running ability ?

SANFL Combine ...

20m Sprint
PLAYER SANFL CLUB TIME
Harrison MagorNorth2.84 seconds
Luke Partington Glenelg2.87 seconds
Jy Farrar Adelaide2.90 seconds
Tom Hutchesson Adelaide2.90 seconds
Michael Frederick Eagles2.94 seconds
Elliot DunkinWest2.97 seconds
Brad Close Glenelg2.97 seconds

Agility Test
PLAYER SANFL CLUB TIME
Tom Hutchesson Adelaide7.87 seconds
Jed McEntee Sturt 7.91 seconds
Cole Gerloff Norwood8.02 seconds
Luke Beecken Eagles 8.09 seconds
Brad Close Glenelg8.11 seconds
Harrison Magor North8.13 seconds

any idea on his running ability ?

I guess it was only Sanfl level but he always had space but that could just be footy nous, hard for me to say how quick he is at AFL level. In saying that, if you were 5 points down, the siren went and Closey is lining up, 40 out on an angle, I'd be writing it in the goals column before he kicked.

If he gets there and they say "you need an AFL tank", he'll run the ks to build it and not go out clubbing to make it happen, he is a quality kid.

I guess it was only Sanfl level but he always had space but that could just be footy nous, hard for me to say how quick he is at AFL level. In saying that, if you were 5 points down, the siren went and Closey is lining up, 40 out on an angle, I'd be writing it in the goals column before he kicked.

If he gets there and they say "you need an AFL tank", he'll run the ks to build it and not go out clubbing to make it happen, he is a quality kid.

Thanks for the info .... Its been a while since we have picked one this far from main stream I think ... hope it all works out for him

Really nice to hear your liking of the kid.
Clearly by your appraisal you have a lot of faith in his ability on and off the field
Thanks for the clarity on who he is and what he gives
Good luck to the lad

Brad Close
Height:180cm
Weight:68kg
Current Team:Glenelg
Birthday:July 30, 1998

AT 68kg, not many would expect Glenelg’s Brad Close to rip the ball from opponents’ arms, but his competitive nature helps him win one-on-one contests. His acceleration (2.970-seconds on 20m sprint) and agility (8.110 seconds on agility test) help him to be a more dangerous outside player, who could still accumulate more of the footy and add more size to his frame, but he has no fears attacking the contest. In saying this, Close could definitely lift his accumulation, averaging the 16.6 disposals with a kicking efficiency of 51.6 per cent, a figure of which does not properly indicate his cleaner disposal. Of course he could still improve the area, but he is still rated above average compared to his peers. His versatility to play between midfield and forward also makes him a valuable addition to any side.
STRENGTHS: Acceleration, agility, competitiveness, versatility
IMPROVEMENTS: Size, accumulation

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/brad-close/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are stacked with nontallfwds..canwe make him into a wing?

WE do have a lot Pure ... make me wonder ..how does our number stack up against otehr sides .. have we decided to go shorter etc..

Wing .. perhaps .. He and Evans do not sound much different.. ..and Tarca has a season on them

WE do have a lot Pure ... make me wonder ..how does our number stack up against otehr sides .. have we decided to go shorter etc..

Wing .. perhaps .. He and Evans do not sound much different.. ..and Tarca has a season on them
We are making up for our recent lack of decent small forwards.
Over-compensating? Or gearing up for a Richmond style game plan?

We are going to see if medical sciences will allow us to fuse 2 small forwards together and create a competitive ruckman

Mmm sort of on the same track of thought Max. .. The trouble is it takes more than Rookie and late pick players to do what Rich do... they have Martin and a couple of other that were a little bit earlier in their year..

That sounds like a quality the Cats go for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back