Prediction With Selwood gone, who will get the VC?

With Selwood gone, who will get his VC?

• No one, we have Kennedy already.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • Shuey

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Gaff

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Priddis

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Mackenzie

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Sheppard

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Naitanui

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Minson

Votes: 14 8.6%
  • Others

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluke

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
shuey for me, think he speaks really well and has had a number of consistent years now. Could see him as captain for a period of time before Sheed/Duggan are ready.

Priddis please . Great speaker and role-model, and plays a different position to our captain (defender ) and vice captain (forward ). I'd be ok with Shuey too for similar reasons.

I'm leaning towards just keeping Kennedy but voted for Shuey. If the club feels we need another "official leader" Shuey has improved-I never saw leadership attributes in him as others did in previous years but noticed this year on the field his interactions with players more and was impressed. Is pretty consistent now. That would cover backs-Hurn, forwards-Kennedy, mids-Shuey. Nice spread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waters speaks better than all of them. Watching him speak at the Worsfold Medal night reminded me just how big a loss he is to the team from a leadership perspective. Would have made a great captain. A true leader in terms of action, but also had the thoughtfulness and delivery to go along with it.

Have discussed this with a lot of people lately - in the past I felt Shuey was letting the team down with his leadership, seem to remember him getting agitated by taggers, suspended for something stupid like elbowing once or twice a year (missing games where we needed him) and fading when it was important for him to stand up.

This season he's completely turned it around, no suspensions, have noticed a lot of positive on-field interactions, has a bit of fire and anger in his belly but has directed that into his game not into venting frustration and I'm sure would hate losing as much as anyone which is an attitude we need. His effort in the GF was mistake-ridden but he was constantly involved and trying his guts out - I would say he stood up more than most of his teammates. Gaff seems a bit meek to me in his approach, not quite angry enough for me. Hurn can stay the quiet captain but I'd like Shuey in there to really rev the team up. Also gives us a leader in the midfield as has been discussed on this thread.

Son of a bitch. I just came into this thread to post exactly the same thing.

Me too.

Is there no originality amongst us anymore?

Back