Analysis With so many clubs in jeopardy during the coronavirus, is it time for WA to bail out VIC again?

Remove this Banner Ad

If clubs do need to die (I don't think they will, money will be pumped into them all no matter how unsustainable they are) I hope clubs like North Melbourne survive while the ones killed off are the ones that rely on destroying their own supporter base with pokie machines in order to gloss over the fact they're bankrupt financially (exposing themselves to their own moral bankruptcy in the process) are first on the chopping block.

Would also keep Brad Scott week alive.
I thought all clubs had gotten rid of poker machines?

I'm talking about the last time you came in to this thread and got shown up by Coaster2012

Keep deflecting, mate, gives me a good laugh watching you come off 2nd best in every discussion you're involved in.
Hi mate,

Did you get laid off? Every second post since this thread was started is yours. If so, all the best.

P.S, we well and truly know your opinion, chill pill bruh.

Much love,
CHP.

Actually wasn't the singer ACDC had before Bon from Perth? The one that nobody can remember.
Freakin' Banana Bender. (Born in Wales though).

You get a mixed bag from qld - everything from Powderfinger to Savage Garden to Molly's horrid Indecent Obsession. And, of course The Veronica's for the kids.

Mind you, if they claim the Bee Gees we're all pretty much arguing over second.

so almost Every player that wants to come home to Vic, wants to play in the big games, so if you deny clubs the chance to hold "big games" then the chance at players is also denied ( See North Melb as example 1 )
If clubs are denied the TV exposure then they are denied access to sponsors who need that exposure to justify the expense, imagine the disparity on sponsors between Collingwood/Richmond and StKilda/North/Dogs. The ability is generate income, memberships, attract Staff and players, its all a knock on from the AF's policy, multiply that for 10 years.

I'm not saying my club has been well managed in the past, far from it, but the failure of people to realise the effects the AFL's own policy has had on the lower Vic clubs is rather mind blowing. then again, as long as it's not your club being shafted, no one really cares about the bigger picture.
Dont think freo dont get right royally screwed over here mate.
We have been the afl & wafc doormat since we were born..
We were the ugly step kid that nobody wanted which is a shame because we represent wa footys heartland..

I would be willing to bet, dollar for dollar, most Victorian Club supporters have spent more money supporting their footy club and putting money into the coffers of the AFL (the cost of air travel does not factor into this discussion.

That's a bet you'd lose.

Unless you've been going to the footy since the 60s then you're probably behind on a dollar for dollar basis. WC are consistently at the pointy end of the revenue ladder and the bottom end of the AFL funding ladder. No double ups against favourable teams in a 100,000 seat stadium, no "blockbusters", just good old fashioned season ticket holders paying a premium to support their team. We were a financial powerhouse well before we played in a 60k seat stadium.

WC (and Freo) fans don't care about putting money into the AFL coffers. They are a bunch of crooks. Give me a choice between $1 going to my club or $1 going to the AFL to distribute as they see fit I know what I would choose. If you want to go along once every month or so and buy a $25 GA ticket then great, but that's not really helping your club.

Also how much money did The Eagles chip in for the new Optus Stadium? Not one red cent i bet.

As opposed to all the club owned and funded grounds in the AFL?

We were the ugly step kid that nobody wanted which is a shame because we represent wa footys heartland..
Probably should have stayed a West Coast supporter then.

Healy commenting on mergers and Nth
“But they have made their bed and like St Kilda, Melbourne, Bulldogs and all the other mid-range clubs in Melbourne, they will more than ever have to be financially independent in the new era of financial conservatism that is no doubt coming"
They'll probably evolve into feeder clubs.

Healy commenting on mergers and Nth
“But they have made their bed and like St Kilda, Melbourne, Bulldogs and all the other mid-range clubs in Melbourne, they will more than ever have to be financially independent in the new era of financial conservatism that is no doubt coming"
They'll probably evolve into feeder clubs.

Do you or Gerard actually know what a feeder club is ? At the moment, it sure as **** ain't North.

Can't recall too many quality players North have lost to other clubs in recent years.

In recent years, it has been interstate clubs like The Lions, Giants and Suns that have been feeder clubs, for all intents and purposes.

Do you or Gerard actually know what a feeder club is ? At the moment, it sure as **** ain't North.

Can't recall too many quality players North have lost to other clubs in recent years.

In recent years, it has been interstate clubs like The Lions, Giants and Suns that have been feeder clubs, for all intents and purposes.
Do you know what "probably evolve" means.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

none of that explains why the WAFL wanted to join the VFL
East Perth applied to be part of the VFL in 1980.

A Combined South and East Fremantle applied in 1987. The application was rejected by the WAFC.

Quality Players were leaving the WAFL to play VFL. Two reasons, money and a chance to play at a higher level.

WAFC knowing that a WAFL club would get a license pretty soon, decided to go with a combined team what we know as West Coast.

This is irony at its finest!

It isn't West Coast who had 34 players banned from the competition due to systematically cheating with doping their players with performance enhancing drugs. That was your club, Essendon.

Your favourite son took over Essendon with grand plans to take you to the promised land. Instead, he destroyed the club and left it clinging on for dear life...

When Essendon's was on its knees, and in their darkest hour, who did they turn to lead them through and clean up the club?

Two time West Coast premiership captain and West Coast Premiership Coach John Worsfold....

You're welcome.
Barber says hi.

For all the anti Vic bias can someone here who has knowledge of wa footy history tell me the original name of the west Perth fc, a founding wafl club and why it was so named?

For the record i quite like Perth (as a Vic born and bred)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I had a kick with their juniors in the late 50's? (when Polly was with them) and a run with the seniors (but never played) when Ian Stewart was coaching them. They were known as the WP Cardinals back then. Familiar cry was "C'mon the Cardy's". Did many laps around Lake Monger with Dempsey Etc.

Getting angry about something you’ve come up with in your head and arguing about it with yourself is such a WA thing. Minerz rule!!
You obviously don't realise the debt of gratitude that many of the old VFL teams owe to West Coast and Brisbane. I won't harp on about it because I'd be wasting my breath as most Victorians won't believe a word I say. What I suggest is you watch the Doco on KAYO and Fox called "The Merge" and listen to what Ross Oakley, (the CEO of the VFL at the time) has to say about the expansion of the VFL..... maybe you'll believe what he says.. he has no reason to lie.

lulzz

hilarious the myths freo supporters need to cling to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back