Analysis With so many clubs in jeopardy during the coronavirus, is it time for WA to bail out VIC again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pesky lil Willie who smoked a joint? Hardly big news. A singular event doesn't undo the work West Coast have done to improve their culture.

Willie in 2019 isn't the same as the issues in the mid 2000's.

And now you're invoking Hitler.... and comparing him to West Coast 🤪

Good to see we're living rent free in you head mate.
Calm down mate. I'm not saying it's big news, just not agreeing with you - particularly the bit about "that era ended 13 years ago".

Calm down mate. I'm not saying it's big news, just not agreeing with you - particularly the bit about "that era ended 13 years ago".

You're the one invoking Hitler, and asserting (without any evidence) that Willie Rioli smoking weed is indicative of an underlying drug culture.

But sure, add it to you list mate.

Last edited:

Pesky lil Willie who smoked a joint? Hardly big news. A singular event doesn't undo the work West Coast have done to improve their culture.

Didn't this 'hardly big news' derail the West Coast Eagles semi-final team??

If it was just one 'pesky little joint'-- why did he try to hide it by faking his urine with Gatorade??

It still stands to be the strangest & dumbest thing an AFL player has done this century (and that says something).

Didn't this 'hardly big news' derail the West Coast Eagles semi-final team??

If it was just one 'pesky little joint'-- why did he try to hide it by faking his urine with Gatorade??

It still stands to be the strangest & dumbest thing an AFL player has done this century (and that says something).

Hardly big news as in smoking weed isn't a big deal.

Agree with your last sentence.

1. I'm too young to remember the Good old VFL days. I am sure they were great, but they're over now.
2. Ok cool
3. West Coast fans live for this. We love nothing more than being called arrogant. We're successful. We're rich. And we are the template for success in the national era. The quintessential modern club.
4. History belongs in books and museums. If you aren't relevant, you aren't s**t. Welcome to modern life in 2020.
It's your home game! Your supporters are supposed to fill the stadium, not ours (lol!) Get your own supporter to go along, maybe then you could fill a stadium bigger than Whitten Oval.

Needing to attract 30K to your home games in order to break even isn't the hardest thing to do, come one dude.

The stadium deal that clubs get is the stadium deals that each club deserve. It's actually just the market at work.

Stop trying to blame others (see: AFL, non-Victorian clubs, Etihad stadium) for the Bulldogs shortcomings.

With your home ground advantage, 4 Premierships in forty years is a poor return. If I was going to envy any club it would be Hawthorn, you know back-to-back-to-back.

With your home ground advantage, 4 Premierships in forty years is a poor return. If I was going to envy any club it would be Hawthorn, you know back-to-back-to-back.

In over 80 years, your club has won 2 flags.

Our home ground advantage is mitigated by playing 10 interstate games every year.There are 8 clubs that have the exact same fixture set up as the West Coast Eagles. Of those 8 clubs, West Coast has most flags (4) followed by Lions (3) and Crows Swans (2).

Sure, Hawthorn has done great. Can't really argue 5>4. But I think our record of consistent success (most finals appearances in AFL era, tied with Geelong for most GF in AFL era) is a pretty handy stat that speaks to West Coast's consistency over the last 30 years.

If you want to envy a club that has built its riches off of one of our country's greatest social problems (pokies) go for it.

Enjoy the AFL loan with 3.3 per cent p/a repayments 🌈
When a few deadbeat vfl clubs get the arae, adelaide won't have to contribute so heavenly to the club equalisation fund.

I wonder how hawthorns going, turned into a pokie baron to avoid merger that revenue gonski comrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they keep the border closed for the next ten years. Then you campaigners can play with yourselves whilst the rest of the competition moves forward.
After watching some old WAFL on the TV we won't be missing much if we did, that old comp owned the AFL. If the WA league had the money and could keep the best talent leaving this State every year to forced to join pensioner clubs in Melbourne we would be a decent league to follow.

After watching some old WAFL on the TV we won't be missing much if we did, that old comp owned the AFL. If the WA league had the money and could keep the best talent leaving this State every year to forced to join pensioner clubs in Melbourne we would be a decent league to follow.
If, If, If.

Catchcry of the perpetual loser.

Yep, that will be the dumbest post of this week and it's only Monday morning.

North were here during the gold rush, and will be here long after the Indian Ocean inundates Perth and washes your foul stain from the rest of the competition.

Now back in ya box youngster.
Lol...clubs won't run on thin air, your massive debt that's just around the corner will cripple you.
Bye bye...

Yep, that will be the dumbest post of this week and it's only Monday morning.
We got to see players like Stephen Michaels every weekend play footy over here and you guys didn't, probably the best Ruckman behind Polly. You guys are so "Vic Centric" its what's dumb.

We got to see players like Stephen Michaels every weekend play footy over here and you guys didn't, probably the best Ruckman behind Polly. You guys are so "Vic Centric" its what's dumb.
Never heard of him, if he didn't cross to Victoria no one wanted him.

Let me get this right. The pensioner Melbourne clubs had the money to pay Western Australian players because the WA league didn’t have money?

Maybe when your mob actually wins one they might become relevant for you. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

On the subject of premierships I'm not sure how I can dull the topic down any further. If you follow a club that's been playing footy since the dawn of time and, during that time, the club won premierships, that's great. However, don't expect supporters of those clubs that were formed as part of the AFL to give a second thought to that premiership that your club won in a bygone era - we just don't care. It's a bit like a pom talking to an Australian about how Australia has no history (even though poms hate you mentioning about how you might like the history about England). The holier-than-thou attitude is exactly the same.

The formation date of your club (nor the premierships it won before the AFL existed) doesn't bestow upon it some sort of special credence. Frankly, I'd rather be supporting a club that is well run, successful and financially sound than a club that's been in existence for 1000 years but continues to suckle on the teat of the AFL (and, in turn, the profitable clubs). And I do.
I suppose if you ignore that whole drug-ey, jailey, thingy-ma-bob, that's kind of true - if you squint and tilt your head to the side a little. Not sure many would agree though.
Firstly, your club has had its fair share of issues on that front, as have many clubs.

While there are some very sad stories about West Coast players who played in he 06 flag, it's pretty low brow to use people's personal issues and health problems asa battering ram against West Coast as a club.

Not to mention that era ended 13 years ago, and the club has come out the other side of that experience a better run, more professional organisation.

Yes let the hate consume you while I get some more popcorn!
1586141304405.png

This is great stuff! More totally irrelevant bull s**t to a totally speculative thread that is nothing more than entertainment value.

JinmboJones can't or won't answer my questions about the thread relevance and the totally irrelevant bs spewed out to the already irrelevant thread. Fargin hilarious.

The inferiority complex about wa is strong in this one!

Now we've got what looks like an argument between 5 yo's in a dick measuring contest about wc v freo.

Couldn't ask for more! I love you BF :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back