Play Nice with the 2016 premiership, where can the Bulldogs get to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

murphy2bedabest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2003
On the final table-ALL IN
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Man U and Melbourne Storm
In our history we have never been in a better situation then we are right now, having just won the 2016 premiership, we still have one of the most exciting young sides in the competition. we have been rewarded with many prime time games, with some of the games biggest names in Bontempelli Stinger Johannisen, Boyd and Dahlhause that young kids would be attracted too.

with record memberships in 2016 40k and already sold out and waiting lists for the cheer squad and social clubs for 2017.

Also the AFL buying the contract out for etihad, meaning a better stadium deal from 2017 to go with the Ballarat connection.

Today we have seen the dogs post a record $3.6 million profit, 3rd year in a row with a profit.

the two things that stood out to me was that our debt is now $1.9 million, something that should be wiped within the next 12 months.

that we were the most watched team in Australia.

So I would love to see where other supporters could really see the dogs being in the next 10+ years

if the success can be sustained, with strong numbers backing up working out stadium and sponsorship deals, a debt that could be clear very soon and not only a ever improving membership base but an increase in membership upgrades and waiting lists.

where can this take the dogs over the next few years ?

now im not saying that success will just happen or the club will be bigger, there is still a lot of hard work to be done. if the hard work pays off where can grow?

It's a positive step but one flag isn't going to suddenly turn you into a financial juggernaut.

North won 2 flags in the 90s and they still aren't the most financially stable club.

There's no real guide in the modern era. We're with the Roos, Saints & Dees in terms of size. Only the Roos have won a flag in the AFL era, but it's hard to use the Roos as an example as the game was a different beast commercially in 99 to what it is now. Teams weren't nearly as savvy about marketing and driving business.

Hopefully we can push up into that 50k member stratosphere in the next few years and permanently lodge ourselves there with Carlton & Geelong (and possibly North).

Being actually debt free as opposed to our assets meeting or exceeding our debts is the next practical financial achievement.

Winning over the Ballarat community and making it our own will be important also.

Lastly, another flag or two!

they could do a seattle seahawks or golden state warriors who are teams with a sorry history that managed to get together a ridiculously young talented group and build an image not just as a successful team but as a fun, modern team that all the kids want to get behind.

Naah
Actaully I like good footy. Watching their mids in action last year was a real pleasure for me. Watching a neutral team means I can relax and enjoy. I would be genuinely dissapointed if they didn't play well next year.
The constant troĺling and disrespect by some of their supporters on our board and the main board pisses me off though, and I am firmly of the view that respect is always mutual.
What do you think would happen if one of our supporters crested this thread about us on the main board?

Have a cry champ. Show some ticker and put a thread up and find out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naah
Actaully I like good footy. Watching their mids in action last year was a real pleasure for me. Watching a neutral team means I can relax and enjoy. I would be genuinely dissapointed if they didn't play well next year.
The constant troĺling and disrespect by some of their supporters on our board and the main board pisses me off though, and I am firmly of the view that respect is always mutual.
What do you think would happen if one of our supporters crested this thread about us on the main board?

It's not all about you Ben

I can't see us becoming a big club like Hawthorn, Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood, etc, however I can definitely see us getting rid of our 'minnow' status and becoming a well respected club in comparison to previous years.

61107-Dr-Cox-laughing-gif-scrubs-img-mvwc.gif

It's a positive step but one flag isn't going to suddenly turn you into a financial juggernaut.

North won 2 flags in the 90s and they still aren't the most financially stable club.
I'm not saying it will and agree that we need sustained success to allow us to grow, but we are in a good position if we continue to do the hard work.

2017 will see a push towards 45k members, more exposure in prime time via FNF with a young exciting group means young kids will be attracted to our stars.

-sponsors are now paying bigger money
- we will see are better stadium deal
-being debt free will then allow us to start building a solid foundation moving forward.

Biggest growth potential out of any Melbourne team. They have what is probably the fastest growing region in Australia to themselves. I know some people that did more than adopt them as a second team. Of course Collingwood and Essendon are still pretty popular in the west, but Bulldogs are gaining a lot of momentum. Should see them overtake St Kilda, North and Melbourne if they have more success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back