Without a woman in charge, would Richmond have embraced mindfulness and been successful ?

Remove this Banner Ad

no he didn't

but that is not even the point, for you to call my post sexist, is a complete disgrace, you should be ashamed of yourself

no, your opinion is demonstrably sexist. Im sure you yourself are a person of pure virtue and infallible worldview, but this particular view point is the very definition of sexist and I dont see why it shouldn't be contestable.

This from Crowe......

Crowe has explained how the turnaround was inspired.

“I was working with Peggy O’Neal at the time and agreed to mentor Damien and Trent,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“All the credit goes to those guys and Peggy for the transformation of Richmond, especially around purpose mindset.

“Authenticity, vulnerability, connection and storytelling and these principles are something that they’ve really embraced and celebrated.”

Never have fans suffered an era when the afl's most dominant team of the time been as insufferable as the present. I long for the days when Hawthorn were winning premiership after premiership.
you need a hug

I thought Richmond won because they had the best talent and game plan on those days. That's how every other GF team achieved success.
Richmond changed everything after the debacle of 2016, what was introduced to the club whether through Cotchin, Gale or Murray played a major roll. To turn it around was pretty significant and was far more to do with process and procedure than just best talent.

I thought Richmond won because they had the best talent and game plan on those days. That's how every other GF team achieved success.
but according to most oppo fans, most of our team are spuds who wouldn't get a game in their team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but according to most oppo fans, most of our team are spuds who wouldn't get a game in their team

It was your recruitment of outside players that lead to your success. Peggy could have implemented whatever she liked but without landing Prestia, Nankervis, Caddy, Lynch etc you wouldn't have had the success you're now having.

That's not how football works. I've seen more GF wins than most of these bandwagon Tigers fans we've all seen crawling out from dark places. So as an experience, I've had more joy. On par with Hawks fans actually.

Well you don't sound very joyful at the moment. 25 years is a long time.

How many days since Carlton have won a final?

Well you don't sound very joyful at the moment. 25 years is a long time.

How many days since Carlton have won a final?

You must be reading your world famous Richmond flip flop moods into my words.

You know, the tantys and throwing the baby out with the bath water thing you guys do when something goes wrong.

Our fan base isn't fickle or feral like yours.

We made a GF this year. I watched it, we got spanked.

The AFL world is one dominated by Alpha males.

In this world, the culture breeds a reality were you must always put on a pretense of being strong, your only goal must be to win at all costs, you must try and ignore your pain and fears, talking about your feelings is weak. By some twist of fate, and by luck mostly, a woman for the first time in history is president of an AFL club. It is not a mere coincidence, that these feminine qualities of vulnerability have become a key priority and they have been prioritized by a woman, Peggy O'neal. Is it fair to say that this would not and could not have been embraced in the historically male oriented environment?

Authenticity
Vulnerability
Connection

driven as key prioirites of the club, owned and lived by the coach and the captain by Dimma and Cotch, on the direction of Peggy, through Benny has made all the difference.

The absence of a stoic male at the helm has opened up the opportunity to use these soft skills as a competitive advantage through

a purpose mindset - their belief in something
a connection mindset - authenticity , vulnerability
a performance mindset - not to be sabotaged by their fear of failure

All driven by Ben Crowe and Emma Murray

There is no doubt this strategy has worked, the question is, would a man at the helm have had the courage to actually endorse it ?

Its why Rugby Union handled the Folau thing so well.

Richmond is 50% Gale, 50% Balme. If you want to shave off some points from either of those and assign it to someone else, I wouldnt disagree.

Tracey Gaudry at the Hawks lasted 5 months I think.

To be fair her husband nearly died and she had to dedicate enormous amounts of time to looking after him. I dont think she had enough time to be judged on successes and failures.

A man with the ability of Peggy would have done the same. To think that her strengths are do to with her being a woman are as sexist towards her as thinking that her weaknesses are to do with being a woman. You're still putting what she does down to her gender rather than her brain.

The issue with women's involvement in high level positions isn't that we are missing out on some magic Juju that only women can do. It's that they are as equally talented but we are excluding them, and therefore logically half the talent of the country. Similarly the only reason we have quotas is not because women need help as a result of some sort of talent shortfall, but that the old guys in charge won't hire women without being forced to.

So do you think that men and woman on average do not have different strengths and weaknesses?

Because if you do, this is not backed by science.

Well winning a flag has nothing to do with her.

Clarko and the players are why Hawks won multiple flags,not Kennett .
Of course the players and coaches are the biggest influences on a successful club. The transformation of Hardwick after 2016 from control freak to letting his players run the show more transformed the club. But that was backed up by a variety of sources. To dismiss Emma Murray's contribution, which all the players have lauded, and the combination of Gale, Balme and O'Neil is a major reason why Richmond have come good.

no, your opinion is demonstrably sexist. Im sure you yourself are a person of pure virtue and infallible worldview, but this particular view point is the very definition of sexist and I dont see why it shouldn't be contestable.

Why is my view sexist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back