Portfolio Wizard Waffle's World of Sport

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added the Joondalup Falcons to the collection.
HSDqzfY.jpg

I have moved the Falcons to Joondalup, but the club is still the West Perth Football Club.

The standard cardinal red with blue sash is the home jumper. The blue sash has come back to the back of the jumper and the WP West Perth logo has been included.

The clash jumper is borrowing something that I have seen before, but have used the actual wings of the falcon in the logo to create the sash. The left wing goes over the front while the right wing goes over the back. The WP West Perth logo has been included on the back and the Falcon logo has been included on the front.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
The old WP logo in your club badge there. ;)

HSDqzfY.jpg

The WP West Perth logo was the symbol of the club back when it was the Cardinals, before they were the Falcons. It is something that still makes the jumper as representing West Perth, but the club will move to Joondalup and be the West Perth Football Club trading as the Joondalup Falcons.

The logo is pictured below.

zBQRYYN.jpg

scalives

Rookie
Apr 18, 2009
house
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love the East Freo Jumpers. Much better than the ones they have now. Their first Jumper was an actual North Melbourne Jumper as the founder was from there.

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
HSDqzfY.jpg

The WP West Perth logo was the symbol of the club back when it was the Cardinals, before they were the Falcons. It is something that still makes the jumper as representing West Perth, but the club will move to Joondalup and be the West Perth Football Club trading as the Joondalup Falcons.

The logo is pictured below.

zBQRYYN.jpg

I still have it on my old deck of cards...

Image0181.jpg

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Love the East Freo Jumpers. Much better than the ones they have now. Their first Jumper was an actual North Melbourne Jumper as the founder was from there.
LKLrzvf.jpg

The East Fremantle jumper was hard to create because of there was alot of stripes and hoops. The East Fremantle jumpers guide I used was the one below.
V4dNnsb.png

I still have it on my old deck of cards...

View attachment 581866
zBQRYYN.jpg

Clubs have to have a link to their past so fans can except the future. Have to keep a piece of West Perth in the club to go to Joondalup.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added East Perth to the collection.

12wasus.jpg

I have created the East Perth jumper as close to the traditional East Perth jumper, but added the old East Perth logo to the top left shoulder. For the clash jumper I used a reverse jumper with the old East Perth logo on it. Instead of the normal blue and blue striped socks I went with black socks with blue tops.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Love what you've done - some amazing creativity, while maintaining the essence of clubs' identities. But mate, it hurts my heart to see South Freo's "V" like that. If anything, it's more a cross between the "V" on the Vic jumpers (minus the tops), and the "V" on the NRL St George jumper. I'd hate to see it change from that.
Also - Perth Scorchers are more Orange, yours look a bit too golden. And I don't know if you remember but the Wildcats used to be black and yellow (away kit was white, black and yellow) before they changed to red and black in 2006, so going with yellow and black for a new WA basketball team might also be a bit problematic for those who'd want to pick it apart as copying the original Wildcats in some way.. Sounds like I'm just being super-negative, and I apologise I don't mean to be, because I think the time and effort is incredible. I guess I'm just focusing on the teams I support...
Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.55.04 pm.png

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Love what you've done - some amazing creativity, while maintaining the essence of clubs' identities. But mate, it hurts my heart to see South Freo's "V" like that. If anything, it's more a cross between the "V" on the Vic jumpers (minus the tops), and the "V" on the NRL St George jumper. I'd hate to see it change from that.
Also - Perth Scorchers are more Orange, yours look a bit too golden. And I don't know if you remember but the Wildcats used to be black and yellow (away kit was white, black and yellow) before they changed to red and black in 2006, so going with yellow and black for a new WA basketball team might also be a bit problematic for those who'd want to pick it apart as copying the original Wildcats in some way.. Sounds like I'm just being super-negative, and I apologise I don't mean to be, because I think the time and effort is incredible. I guess I'm just focusing on the teams I support...
View attachment 585864

loTQVYN.jpg

The South Fremantle and the North Adelaide jumpers look like they are trying to look as good as the Victorian State of Origin jumper the Big V. How can your team can look any good when they wear a jumper the looks like the Victorian State jumper? How can you look like Victorians?

But seriously, I took the chevrons of the modern Fremantle jumper and filled in the middle pieces to create a large V or large chevron. The look can be adopted by both clubs to be their clubs image, white for South Fremantle and red for North Adelaide.

The orange of the Perth Scorchers I have used is the one from the uniforms they have on social media.

PyItymp.jpg

soyJMx6.jpg

The Perth Wildcats have refused to allow any reference to their past wearing of yellow and black to be made. Just look at their recent heritage uniforms, which never are yellow and black. At least I have proposed the using of the white as a clash strip again.

With them not wanting to use yellow and black it gives a 2nd Perth team an opportunity to come in and use the traditional Western Australian colours as the club colours and to create a separate supporter base of their own. It was no accident that the club was called the Western Swarm.

SBJrEEF.jpg

hansie

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2006
Outeniqua Mountains
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd, Miami Dolphins
View attachment 585864

That wildcats gold kit was is and always remains the GOAT

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
loTQVYN.jpg

The South Fremantle and the North Adelaide jumpers look like they are trying to look as good as the Victorian State of Origin jumper the Big V. How can your team can look any good when they wear a jumper the looks like the Victorian State jumper? How can you look like Victorians?

But seriously, I took the chevrons of the modern Fremantle jumper and filled in the middle pieces to create a large V or large chevron. The look can be adopted by both clubs to be their clubs image, white for South Fremantle and red for North Adelaide.

The V starts at shoulder level - in between collar and shoulder cuffs. not down in the belly like the Vic V.

med

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Worked on the East Fremantle jumpers again. Changed the majority blue jumper to the home jumper because they are less likely to be forced to wear white shorts with it if it was their home jumper. The white jumper becomes the clash jumper with the shark logo replacing the EFFC logo.

nk1ftzw.jpg

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added new pictures for Claremont and Cockburn.

bmSFA0p.jpg

UUAPH62.jpg

Cockburn is the site of Fremantle's new training facility with an oval. The reserves team will play out of the new training facility. A picture of it can be seen behind the jumpers.

Back