Portfolio Wizard Waffle's World of Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Added my Olympic Games designs.

Here are some designs that I have made for a Melbourne Olympic Games bid for 2036. It will be a bid for the Games of the 36th Olympiad in 2036.

Ed51dEq.jpg

XIAYlBv.jpg

One of the main things that I would like to see done with the Olympics coming to Melbourne in 2036 is the roofing of the Jolimont Railyards to allow for the construction of the Olympic Village, Olympics Media Centre and a site for a Olympic Festival. This can be used for housing after the games, office space and sites for events around the AFL, Cricket and Tennis.

That is what we want to see, Melbourne's name araised for the 2036 Olympics. A Penguin, a suitable mascot for a Melbourne Olympics.

Most venues for a Melbourne Olympic Games will already be built. The MCG will have the Southern Stand redeveloped by then, with capacity over the present 100,024 seats available. The Tennis Centre redevelopment will be done by then. The Swimming Centre at Albert Park will have to be redeveloped. The National Rowing Centre at Pattersons Lakes will have to be renewed.

Most venues for the 2006 Commonwealth Games will be available for a 2036 Olympics. The Olympics will be a push along the some developments need to get started, not something that calls for a new main stadium, we have that. The past two Olympics have gone to cities that already have the venues built and have been past hosts in Paris in 2024 and Los Angeles in 2028.
I'm no engineer and I like the idea, but how would a roof over a train yard be structurally possible? If you put it under ground that would be easier, but would probably make the Vic govt broke.

I'm no engineer and I like the idea, but how would a roof over a train yard be structurally possible? If you put it under ground that would be easier, but would probably make the Vic govt broke.
These are the reasons why I think we should bid for the Olympic Games. Ok, allow Brisbane to bid this time, but with the North/South Korea bid and them having to build a main stadium and alot of venues it would be difficult to see them win with the IOC new thing of going for cities that don't have to build much, and hopefully reducing the chances of cities becoming bankrupt because of the games. No one will bid for them if this was the case.

The idea of roofing the Jolimont Railyards has been around for years now. Here is one from Walter Burley Griffen, the Canberra designer, from early last centenary.
EDnA6zC.jpg

We have already have one part of the railyards decked in Federation Square. There is also plans for Federation Square East on the drawing board.
e25s1v2.jpg

There are also plans for decking the railyards near the MCG with the proposed upgrade under the deal to have the Grand Final at the MCG until 2057. This also includes plans to build walkways from the MCG to Richmond Station.
VtHvVhG.jpg

nye27Yo.jpg

There are also plans by companies to build over the railyards for years. Here is one plan by one group.
5p8zyMe.jpg

All these plans sound good, but wouldn't it be better if they lead up to Melbourne hosting its second Olympic Games in 2036.
Ed51dEq.jpg

To have all this building occuring in Melbourne leading up to an event like the Olympic Games. The government could allow companies to build over the railyards with the only thing being that they will be available to use during the Olympic Games.
XIAYlBv.jpg

You put up Carlton designs one day they put up a new jumper made ny another company the next. So here is my altered Carlton design after the new one way released.
NbVLpX3.jpg

What was said about the new Carlton jumper is that the logo on the jumper is flat because it was flat during all their premierships. Here is visual proof that that statement isn't true.
fmbQV9H.jpg

Here are three occassions which the Carlton logo was raised on the front of the jumper. The first one in the top left is Stephan Kerenhan receiving his premiership medallion in 1987. Below left we have Peter Jones and Alex Jesaulenko with the 1979 premiership cup. Below right is John Nicholls with the 1970 premiership cup. Above that is Alex Jesaulenko's spare 1979 Grand Final Jumper. Looking at these pictures you can see that the logo is raised. That is why I have left the 3D effect on my design for the Carlton jumpers, but I have taken the colour to a grey white instead of the grey that was there before. It looks like the previous Carlton jumpers, and it is in Carlton colours. The grey they were using was the grey from the Carlton logo. The logo above the numbers on the back is the 1864 football from the logo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Added a new Victorian Football Logo to the collection. It can be used to represent Victorian Football, in the VFL, in the nab Under 18's, for representative teams. The symbol represents Victorian Football and shows that it isn't taking orders for the AFL.
LZpvGUy.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back