Portfolio Wizard Waffle's World of Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Good designs mate - though Preston would surely revert to being the bullants...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The stronger club from these two, the Preston Football Club amd the Northern Knights, would be the Northern Knights. What is left of the Preston Football Club after Carlton left them. It is probably the history of the club, which is the reason why I named the club Preston. The Knights name was used latest time these club came together, however it will be more of the Northern Knights club, with the history of the Preston Football Club. Instead of going with the white jumper of the Knights this time I changed the white to red. I also replaced the navy blue with white to send a message to Carlton.

Added a new pictures for Port Melbourne in the VFL and the Oakleigh Chargers in the nab Under 18s to my collection

v15m0vk.jpg

FBqs813.jpg

Added a new picture for Brisbane Lions in the AFL to my collection

BRISBANE LIONS HISTORY LESSON THROUGH AWAY JUMPERS

To display the histories of the Fitzroy and Brisbane Bears Football Clubs through the jumper they wear in the Away matches. The colours and designs that were used by Fitzroy and the Brisbane Bears would be displayed on the jumpers worn. Instead of wearing the FFC of Fitzroy and the BB of the Brisbane Lions, all jumpers will have the Lion logo on the front.

viMkK7i.jpg

Added two new Cricket pictures, one for the Australian Test Team one for the Australian One Day and T20 Teams. Also a new picture for the start of this thread.

B1J8ez3.jpg

XEuDFUo.jpg

frQnSyu.png

Big fan of that Port jumper with the teal yoke. I'm guessing that design never got the greenlight in real life was due to the black white stripes on the lower half of the jumper.

It's like a soup strainer on the Mona Lisa.. no thanks
Big fan of that Port jumper with the teal yoke. I'm guessing that design never got the greenlight in real life was due to the black white stripes on the lower half of the jumper.
The design really hasn't been passed to Port Adelaide. It would pass the test because it isn't only black and white. If someone from Collingwood wanted to complain about this jumper, go see St.Kilda about their Red, Black and White striped jumper.

This jumper keeps the prison bar jumper on the Port Adelaide Football Club by allowing it to be worn in the AFL due to it being a black, white and teal jumper. Why I haven't pushed ahead with this jumper design is the negative comments that I receive about the jumper. Like from the other person from the other thread who likened it to a soup strainer on the Mona Lisa. There are others on this side of the website that say the same sort of thing, like because it isn't the traditional black and white prison bar jumper they don't like it.

But my jumper draws from various parts of Port Adelaide's history. The major part is the prison bar jumper, but there is also the 2004 AFL Premiership jumper. This jumper is like that jumper, teal yoke, black body and white number panel, with the prison bars replacing the thunder bolts on the front.

Didn't know that there are people out there who are adverse to that particular design. For me, it's the closest possible thing to the original black & white prison bars design & looks rather good. In fact, it seemed to me that Port's initial AFL home jumper was something of a new-age recreation of that same design, & I always thought they just shied away from the stripes to please Collingwood/the AFL.

yp7SFGt.jpg

Didn't know that there are people out there who are adverse to that particular design. For me, it's the closest possible thing to the original black & white prison bars design & looks rather good. In fact, it seemed to me that Port's initial AFL home jumper was something of a new-age recreation of that same design, & I always thought they just shied away from the stripes to please Collingwood/the AFL.

yp7SFGt.jpg
I would type a comment on the other thread to respond to Johnny Bananas response, but I ready know how it will go. I will say something about the St.Kilda jumper striped jumper is more like the Collingwood jumper than the Port Adelaide jumper I proposed, then I would say something about the jumper being like the 2004 Premiership Jumper. Then he will respond with Eddie will still moan and the 2004 Premiership Jumper was ugly.

The thing is that my jumper draws from the old prison bar jumper and the 2004 Premiership Jumper. With your comments in regards to the 2004 Premiership Jumper saying it was the closest thing to the Old Prison Bar Jumper, isn't he calling the Old Prison Bar Jumper ugly.

To keep arguing with Collingwood over the wearing of a Black and White Jumper is a waste of time, and money if it goes to court. Port Adelaide has played in the AFL with Teal in their jumpers, they won a Premiership as well. Why not add the teal to the prison bars and start the new tradtional with the new jumper. Collingwood will always have the 100 years in the competition wearing the black and white. Carlton and Geelong wear the same colours but their designs are different. They have also worn them against each other for 100 years. The problem of jumpers clash has come into the picture now. If Carlton and Geelong started today wearing the jumpers they wear today you would have the same reaction out of one of the clubs. But they have the tradition behind them. Port Adelaide added teal to their colours in 1997, now just add it to the prison bars and take your argue out on the football field. Beat Collingwood out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Added a new picture for West Coast in the AFL to my collection. It includes a version on the flying eagle jumper, but in Gold and Blue. This will give West Coast a jumper which is bery different to the winged jumper as a clash jumper, and will the design with the West Coast made by the Eagle on the jumper again.

4JYSkaK.jpg

Added a new picture for Collingwood and Essendon in the AFL to my collection. These pictures include advertising because of the new above the number adverts on jumpers.
OutIlgz.jpg

vUrh9Ih.jpg

Added a new picture for Port Adelaide in the AFL to my collection
qFeplFI.jpg

This design uses the original Port Adelaide colour of Light Blue instead of Teal as the third colour on the jumper. Light Blue is a more traditional Port Adelaide colour with it being the colour of the stripes on the club first jumper. Light Blue would easily replace Teal because the colour are so alike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back