Wizards 94 - Philly 87

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Well i just watched the game on Foxtel and i thought it was a pretty entertaining game. Iverson came out on fire scoring 17 first quarter points!! I though right then and there it was over as Iverson was just too hot. But the sixers were careless with the ball and the Wizards were hitting there shots and they remained close down by just two at the first break.

Iverson cooled down a little but was still playing well and helped quickly move Philly out to an 8 point lead with around 8 mins to play in the second. But Jordan scored the last 14 points for the Wizards in the second, 16 for the quarter and Washington was only down 3 at the half.

Tyrone Lue and Brendon Haywood made the difference for the Wizards in the second half and it was Rip Hamilton on offence for Washington as they surprisingly took control of the game. Iverson who had 27 in the first half had just 13 for the second half and was harrassed very well by Lue for the rest of the game. He was also good on offence making Iverson play D. Lue scored 9 points and dished out 7 assists. Haywood although only scoring 3 for the game was a presence that was felt, he grabbed 6 boards and played some great D on Mutombo and Coleman.

Hamilton scored 20 of his 28 in the second half and also had 9 rebounds, many of his points coming from runaway dunks. The Wizards played uptempo basketball and ran with the ball at every opportunity frustrating the Sixers. Down the stretch they went to Iverson too much and he couldnt come up with the baskets.

Overall a great win for the Wizards and maybe a season turning point. Beating the reigning Eastern Conference champs at home with a close to full strength list (Snow still out) was a big win.

Jordan has 30 points, 6 boards and 7 assists, he also had 5 steals and controlled the game from start to finish, next up for the Wizards is the Heat in Miami which is certainly winnable considering the way Miami are playing then a game im looking forward is Orlando v Washington in Washington. T-Mac no doubt will go all out....

Anyways did anyone see the game, have any comments??

Originally posted by DEVO
And you think Philly is better than Milwaukee. At least the Bucks are losing to teams who are aiming past the first round of the playoffs.

Philly are still learning to play together as a team, as i said before there are only 5 guys who remain on the list from last years Finals team, Iverson, Snow, McKie, Mutombo and Cummings i think?? Cant remember the fifth, anyway its not important. Philly will come good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back