Portfolio Wizard Waffle's World of Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
A new picture of the Port Adelaide jumpers.
D1rXKa3.jpg

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
The Brisbane Lions colours and jumper are an acknowledgement of the merger of the Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy. The use of the most recent Fitzroy red colour is done to create the link between Brisbane and Fitzroy in the minds of former Fitzroy supporters. The Fitzroy red colour was introduced when colour television was introduced, meaning that peoples memory of Fitzroy is limited to them wearing those colours. Because of this the wearing of the Fitzroy red jumper for Victoria by the Brisbane Lions. Them wearing the jumpers also shows the Victorian supporters that the club is thinking of them.

The greatest link the Brisbane has to the jumper and the colours they wear is the fact they won three premierships in a row wearing that jumper. Moving away from those colours and jumper design is like moving away from success for the supporters. The introduction of the "Paddle Pop" Lion was seen as the moving away from success. The same thing was seen recently with the Carlton CFC. Fans wanted the old CFC brought back because that is what they remember Carlton wearing winning all there premierships.

So with all those things in mind I have designed the following Brisbane jumpers. From left to right and up to down, the jumpers are the Home jumper, the Victorian jumper and the Clash jumper. The home jumper is the jumper that the club wore in the three premierships recently. The Victorian jumper is in the colours that Fitzroy wore most recently, with the lion logo on the front. The clash jumper is done in the style of the first Brisbane Bears jumper, with the gold being the dominate colour as it is on a clash jumper. All jumpers are of similar design except for the back of the clash jumper which has a higher yoke to accommodate the number below. These three jumpers pay respect to the past of the Brisbane Lions.

KYULgKM.jpg

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
Created some new pictures for the South Australian League.

V5kM7Jn.jpg

I am a Centrals supporter/member and like most of your concept, especially the v guernsey as it was my favourite and the one I grew up supporting.

Being pedantic I am advising that the name of the club is Central District, there is no s on the end. Just for information I also want to point out that Centrals and North Adelaide wear white shorts as their home and only wear coloured shorts as the away team against each other, not expecting you to change this aspect but please correct the name of the team.

Other than that i love your concept and especially the background picture which I only just noticed. Keep up the good work.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
I am a Centrals supporter/member and like most of your concept, especially the v guernsey as it was my favourite and the one I grew up supporting.

Being pedantic I am advising that the name of the club is Central District, there is no s on the end. Just for information I also want to point out that Centrals and North Adelaide wear white shorts as their home and only wear coloured shorts as the away team against each other, not expecting you to change this aspect but please correct the name of the team.

Other than that i love your concept and especially the background picture which I only just noticed. Keep up the good work.
Here is the Central District picture for you.
vuzbV4h.jpg

It bugged me how often people would spell Waverley wrong, as in Waverley Park. Living near Glen Waverley and Mount Waverley, shopping at Waverley Gardens and driving along Waverley Road, you would think people would know there is an e between the l and y.

When we Victorians were introduced to the first six Under 18's teams nearly 30 years ago, we got the Central Districts Dragons. So we have been told to spell it like that.

BlackWing

Debutant
Apr 28, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
Here is the Central District picture for you.

It bugged me how often people would spell Waverley wrong, as in Waverley Park. Living near Glen Waverley and Mount Waverley, shopping at Waverley Gardens and driving along Waverley Road, you would think people would know there is an e between the l and y.

When we Victorians were introduced to the first six Under 18's teams nearly 30 years ago, we got the Central Districts Dragons. So we have been told to spell it like that.

All good, thanks for that.

It is a common error over here as well but it doesn't happen as much now as the "good old days".

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
If Jack Oatey saw those side panels he would turn in his grave.
ZfFDYPX.jpg

He would have been turning for the last few years with their jumpers. The larger dark blue sides on the jumper are to use the second blue colour in the clubs jumper more than it is now. The club is the Double Blues, not the Light Blues. The secondary colour in the jumper is the colour with goes down the side of the jumper and continues over the shorts. Importance was placed on having both blue colours on the playing uniform, not just the light blue which there mainly is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
New picture for Essendon. This Clash Jumper Design has a red slash, which would allow it to be accepted without have to be voted in by the club members. The red slash is of the size of the pre-colour television era jumpers, and appears inside a modern day size black slash on a red jumper. The new club logo has an everyday looking jet plane, painted in black and red. It appears above the club name, in Top Gun style, with the clubs emblem below.
rwl6rM9.jpg

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
that pink jumper is way better than their current one.

nnncFzn.jpg

I designed the jumper to say it is a Hawthorn jumper as well as being one that is for the Pink Ribbon Appeal. The jumpers of the past have taken one of the two colours out of the jumper. To be a Hawthorn jumper it has to be Brown and Gold. Using the two outer stripes of the jumper as the platforms to advertise the Pink Ribbon Appeal allows the Brown and Gold colours to be shown on the jumper as well. The current jumper is Brown and Pink.

The Camouflage jumper also does this by placing camouflage pattern in the gold stripes of the jumper. The jumper was originally done with the reverse colours appearing in the brown stripes, but the jumper that came out didn't say Hawthorn.

The Indigenous Jumper has patterns on the jumper that appear like stripes. However, the patterns do represent something, where the MCG is. Looking from Melbourne to the MCG there are three types of travel that pass the ground, road, rail and the river. The Hawk in the middle of the jumper is placed to represent the MCG. The first stripe from the left represents Wellington Parade, which brings road traffic to the MCG. The middle stripe represents the train lines from the City to Richmond station. The third stripe represents the Yarra River, bring boats close to the ground.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
That is really good!
I tried to keep it basic and not put every single sponsor on the car, as we known they can change over the summer. The two main sponsors are on the car, with greater emphasis on Red Bull with a big Red Bull on the doors and the Holden logo on the back tyre.

With Mustangs taking the place of Falcons next year I hope that Commodores aren't replaced with Cameros and make the Supercars a defacto American Touring Car Series.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added the new pictures for the WAFL Logo, Claremont and East Fremantle.
CE6exwT.jpg

I took the Western Australian Football Commission's logo and created a new WAFL logo.

Claremont Football Club, Tigers
XNivfyF.jpg

The Claremont jumper has the Claremont CFC logo placed in the sash in the middle of their jumper. A reverse jumper is used for their clash jumper.

East Fremantle Football Club, Sharks

LKLrzvf.jpg

The East Fremantle design takes parts from various club jumpers over the years to produce a new jumper. The middle white panel is retained. The main part of the jumper is the former horizontal stripes jumper. The stripes don't met the central white panel because of a vertical blue stripe that appeared on their first jumper. A reverse jumper is used for their clash jumper.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added a new Subiaco picture to the collection.
c0PCRNA.jpg

Took the home jumper of Subiaco, fully reversed it and replaced the letters with the lion.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added a new Peel Thunder picture to the collection.
UhoNpWi.jpg

Went back to the Thunder's first jumper, then reversed the colours to create a clash jumper.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added the West Coast Eagles Reserves to the collection.
6PYJc5Y.jpg

The idea that Richmond has with their jumper is good, you have to make the senior team to wear the black with yellow sash. I have used the same idea with West Coast. The AFL clash is used as the Home Jumper, and a white version used as the clash jumper.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back