Wk 1 Finals Fixture Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

And that is our fault with the AFL scheduling us to play there? It's not as if we had a choice and tell the AFl to shove it. They needed the money and here we are helping out the AFL yet again.
Never said it was your fault, not blaming the eagles as you take whatever advantage you get but your supporters still seem to be crying foul.
Just admit like port and Brisbane you’ve had a much bigger advantage than every other club this season.

lol this argument

go check your facts about how many times its happened since the pre finals bye was introduced

we were top 4 in 2018, can't remember WC having a 2 day advantage over our opponents...funny that

So instead of accepting that your team is fixtured when they've been fixtured because it makes the most equitable finals series possible in a compromised season & that the Thurs/Fri finals have gone to teams who've finished above you, you instead go on a melt about 2018? :rolleyes:

Nah. If Lions are up against Storm v Roosters it will halve the ratings.

There was a difference of 12k viewers in Brisbane between the Qualifying Final (Vs. Richmond @ 124,000) that had the final round of the NRL against it and the Semi Final (Vs. GWS @ 112,000) that had an NRL Final against it (end of Raiders/Storm & Eagles/Sharks) which rated 147,000 & 121,000 respectively.

What type of rating are you suggesting for the Lions in Brisbane if it isn't at the same time as Storm/Rooster compared to if it is?

Nice mate. Tbh I prefer this fixture. Gives the loser of our QF a 2 day break over the winer of your EF (plus travel), as well as giving Saints a Gabba final (as they should have). Trade integrity in one area (fair/equal breaks) for another (venue of choice). Saints are the winner here, WCE or Pies are the losers.

The AFL would have announced this Monday night if it were such a sure thing, definitely a lot of back and forth behind the scenes to get it done.
WC stiff with the short turnaround between weeks 1 and 2 plus the travel to either SA or QLD.
Nah I look at it the other way. We have been gifted a few more extra days to get our injured players right for the elimination final.
No point worrying about the break for the semi if you don't win the first final.

Never said it was your fault, not blaming the eagles as you take whatever advantage you get but your supporters still seem to be crying foul.
Just admit like port and Brisbane you’ve had a much bigger advantage than every other club this season.
Deal... you go first and own up to the leg up Richmond got with consecutive games to win their flag. I will go second....only fair huh.

Deal... you go first and own up to the leg up Richmond got with consecutive games to win their flag. I will go second....only fair huh.
I couldn’t care less when a team gets their home games, as long as everyone gets the same throughout the season is all that matters.
I think the year prior we got a run of home games at the start of the season which fans cried about because we were getting a great leg up at the start of year. Didn’t hear any concerns when we started last year with a string of away games.

I couldn’t care less when a team gets their home games, as long as everyone gets the same throughout the season is all that matters.
I think the year prior we got a run of home games at the start of the season which fans cried about because we were getting a great leg up at the start of year. Didn’t hear any concerns when we started last year with a string of away games.
So.......Thats a "No deal" then? :rolleyes:

Lol, still going. You know that old chestnut...what’s the difference between west coast supporters and a boeing 747?

why would Richmond ever whinge about anything
yet they still do endlessly..their supporters, coach, players, captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why would Richmond ever whinge about anything
yet they still do endlessly..their supporters, coach, players, captain

...it could be worse.

We could call people "Liars" when we're corrected about incorrect claims we make from stuff we hear on Duff & Quarters.

Btw-- how did WCE cope only taking 25 players to the QLD hub?

I supported your argument but I guess you weren't bright enough to figure that out. Oh well.

(Richmond don't just get gifted home grand finals, they also get gifted home finals)

my apologies...i interpreted it wrong

Last edited:
I supported your argument but I guess you weren't bright enough to figure that out. Oh well.

(Richmond don't just get gifted home grand finals, they also get gifted home finals)

It's a shame when #VICBIAS clouds someone's view that much that they argue with people who agree with them.

IF Geelong plays all 11 home games at Kardina Park & all finals at GMBHA I would be happy with that and accept that Richmond would have to play finals down there.

But while Geelong supporters picks & chooses which MCG finals to complain about the sentiment loses a bit. Didn't hear too many Cats supporters requesting for the Geelong/WC Semi-final to be played at GMHBA last season.

It's a shame when #VICBIAS clouds someone's view that much that they argue with people who agree with them.

IF Geelong plays all 11 home games at Kardina Park & all finals at GMBHA I would be happy with that and accept that Richmond would have to play finals down there.

But while Geelong supporters picks & chooses which MCG finals to complain about the sentiment loses a bit. Didn't hear too many Cats supporters requesting for the Geelong/WC Semi-final to be played at GMHBA last season.

We did request it I'm pretty sure.

We did request it I'm pretty sure.

I'm glad that the club did---as I've said above, I think the Cats should be allowed to play all home games down there.

Just find it interesting that some finals that get relocated get focused upon more by supporters than others.

I'm glad that the club did---as I've said above, I think the Cats should be allowed to play all home games down there.

Just find it interesting that some finals that get relocated get focused upon more by supporters than others.

The Fri night games are probably the worst for Geelong folk to get to on time so they often get the most outcry.

But playing WC at the G is far different to playing an MCG tenant, so there's also that.

The Fri night games are probably the worst for Geelong folk to get to on time so they often get the most outcry.

But playing WC at the G is far different to playing an MCG tenant, so there's also that.

...and that's the point I'm making.

If Geelong wants to hold all 'home' finals at the MCG-- that's fine by me.
If Geelong wants to hold all 'home' finals at GMHBA-- that's fine by me.

But picking & choosing your home ground based off your opposition reeks of trying to manipulate the system to suit the situation rather than a genuine interest in playing finals in Geelong.

...and that's the point I'm making.

If Geelong wants to hold all 'home' finals at the MCG-- that's fine by me.
If Geelong wants to hold all 'home' finals at GMHBA-- that's fine by me.

But picking & choosing your home ground based off your opposition reeks of trying to manipulate the system to suit the situation rather than a genuine interest in playing finals in Geelong.

No, you get a choice if you are to host a home final. The point Geelong try to make each year is that we never get that choice. It's taken from us so that the AFL can make more $$$.

So letting St Kilda decide this week where they'd prefer to play is what reeks when we continually finish top 2/4 and don't get the same luxury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back