Wlly 2's in the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

geordie said:
u left the vfl.u dont have a second team,

Mate , I think the whole Victoria bashing has gone a little too far. Victorian AFL supporters occasionally watch the VFL because that is where the young AFL listed players are developed.

Back to the question. I'm not sure of the requirements to play VFL 2's but Walker and Hall will definitely have played enough to play next week. Nicholls, Cox, Toovey and Cook may also have qualified

Dazman said:
Mate , I think the whole Victoria bashing has gone a little too far. Victorian AFL supporters occasionally watch the VFL because that is where the young AFL listed players are developed.

Back to the question. I'm not sure of the requirements to play VFL 2's but Walker and Hall will definitely have played enough to play next week. Nicholls, Cox, Toovey and Cook may also have qualified
I THINK the qualification is 8 games?

Perhaps a stupid question but if the VFL is where the AFL sides have all their youngsters (that aren't playing much AFL yet) parked, does it stand to reason that Collingwood has the best list of youngsters if Williamstown keeps beating the cr*p out of everybody else?

Angelus512 said:
Perhaps a stupid question but if the VFL is where the AFL sides have all their youngsters (that aren't playing much AFL yet) parked, does it stand to reason that Collingwood has the best list of youngsters if Williamstown keeps beating the cr*p out of everybody else?
No - Because there is a wide gap in talent between AFL and VFL players - Geelong's VFL side is performing very well, not because their players are the best, but because they are playing 19 AFL players in their VFL side.

There are also some quality VFL-listed players that make the difference in games.

More importantly, this is the Williamstown reserves. The reason they are performing so well is that Collingwood has so many players running around for Williamstown seniors that the reserves side is basically largely a VFL seniors side.

So no, none of what you have said stands to reason :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vinnie_vegas69 said:
There's really very little doubt that they will smash the hell out of Box Hill, now that every eligible Williamstown player will line up for Willy.
You guys will certainly be favourites, but we've performed very well in this final series and anything can happen. The underdog label will sit well with us.

mattyc2422 said:
You guys will certainly be favourites, but we've performed very well in this final series and anything can happen. The underdog label will sit well with us.
Underdogs? WHen I was last out at Box Hill I overheard them talking themselves up as Premiership favourites because they improved 100 points on round 1 and in shocking conditions actually managed to get near Williamstown, seems that anything less than a 100 point loss is a win down there :D

But seriously that rd1 game was great, gave me some great ammunition to keep bagging one of their players all year for fun :D

It would be a travesty if Willy lose the Grand Final. They have been the best side all season.
They have the A.Todd medalist in Dave Stretton who has had a pearler of a season and should be in the seniors. He runs hard all day and his ball skills are great.
Boydie,Brewer,Langlands and Theo are also in form.
If Patty Rose pulled up ok from the seniors he'll play well.
If Hall kicks straight he will dominate.
Here's hoping for back to back.

eddiesmith said:
But seriously that rd1 game was great, gave me some great ammunition to keep bagging one of their players all year for fun :D
Round 1 was a long time ago.

On further inspection, Willy have 10 Pies players eligible. We have a few, but they are all either injured or wrapped up in cotton wool.

Mind you, we beat Preston the other week who had 9 Blues playres playing.

mattyc2422 said:
Round 1 was a long time ago.

On further inspection, Willy have 10 Pies players eligible. We have a few, but they are all either injured or wrapped up in cotton wool.

Who do we have eligible? Walker and Hall are shue-ins. Who are the other 8 players?

Is 8 games the definite rules for qualification

Walker has played 6 games
Hall has played 14
Cox has played 9
Stanley has played 4
Nicholls has played 5
Cook has played 4
Toovey has played 7
Iles has played 5

21.3 Players who have not played at least two (2) VFL Reserve Grade matches in the relevant season shall be ineligible to play in the VFL Reserve Grade Finals save where immediately prior to selection, a listed player has missed through injury, at least ten (10) consecutive home & away matches of the VFL football season and his club remains active in the senior VFL Finals series.

21.4 Players who have played in more than eight Senior VFL Grade matches shall not be eligible to play in Final Series matches of the VFL Reserve Grade unless they have played in at least six matches of the VFL Reserve Grade.

mattyc2422 said:
Playing against my Box Hill Hawks.

Just curious as to which Pies players have qualified for the VFL 2's?
Walker + Hall. also TALLIS and picken,barling!IMO willy 10 gls +

Remove this Banner Ad

Back