WNBL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Didnt see a thread thought Id start one, hoping there is a few that follow. I took my daughter to a Wildcats games against my Melbourne UTD and there was an Ad for the LYNX, she was Keen I took her the rest is History. Members now 3rd season going great league players are really accessible to the kids signing after every game. we are truely blessed to have this league the quality is A class and you can only look at the World Cup last week to see who we got running around. will post here on a Weekly basis

Long time Lynx (and Wildcats) member and WNBL fan here. Looks like being another quality WNBL season, though I'm not liking Perth's playoff chances to be honest. There are some seriously stacked rosters around the league and ours isn't one of them, neither in depth nor size.
But once again I do expect us to play an entertaining, up-tempo style, and yeah you can always count on the players making themselves available to the kids for autographs after the games.

Long time Lynx (and Wildcats) member and WNBL fan here. Looks like being another quality WNBL season, though I'm not liking Perth's playoff chances to be honest. There are some seriously stacked rosters around the league and ours isn't one of them, neither in depth nor size.
But once again I do expect us to play an entertaining, up-tempo style, and yeah you can always count on the players making themselves available to the kids for autographs after the games.
Yeah im looking forward to Saturday my daughter is a bit sad she never got a chance to say Goodbye to Nat and co, you never know I was worried last season after losing Tessa, Carly and Ruth but kind of worked out. this is going to be watching a whole new team

Adelaide not one of the better sides, and still dispensed with us pretty easily.
Didn't help that we had our starting PG still out injured, but there are plenty of other worries for the Lynx too. I just hope they don't panic and rush Mansfield back in before she is 100%.
Rebounding is going to be a real issue for us this season.

Great win by Bendigo over massive favourites (paying $1.01 for a win) Melbourne.

what a diffrence one weeks makes what a game def in my top 5 games I have been to see the Lynx. Mansfield is going to make so much difference just the energy when she came on was very impressed. and the pace omg was a fast high paced game
Yeah that was a really enjoyable performance by the Lynx.
I firstly have to thank Townsville for utterly failing to exploit the size advantage they had. They should have pounded it inside, had our "bigs" (and I use that term loosely with Perth) fouled out before 3Q time, and run rampant in the paint in the 4th. But no, they showed very little interest in that.
Mansfield is a lot of fun and yeah that was a nice taste today of what's to come. She'll bring some flash. Meanwhile McPhee is all class. I still don't think a 2/3 was a wise choice for our 2nd import, but what's done is done, and McPhee is quality at her position. And if Asia Taylor is going to be hitting threes then we could trouble some teams after all.
98 points. Gotta love that.

That Lynx game was nuts. Talk about a game of two halves. That was almost one of the all time chokes.

2 consecutive failed live streams of Lynx road games :mad: :mad: 2 Lynx road wins :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

[ETA] Townsville put together a nice little video of some clips from the game and the press conferences

Last edited:
how's ellie collins going for the lynx?
She's barely in the rotation at the moment so I don't have much to go by. I've read that she can shoot, which she will need to be able to do on this team because she doesn't quite have the height to be a post player in the WNBL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how's ellie collins going for the lynx?
didnt get any minutes today but seems to be getting along with the team look for her more on the away games when the rosters a bit thiner.

nice win today was hard fought they are showing they got what it takes big test friday night

Longtime Capitals fan and have been a member since 1995. After a 4/5 years of struggle we look like we have built a strong team that should compete for the playoffs, especially when Tolo returns in December.

Longtime Capitals fan and have been a member since 1995. After a 4/5 years of struggle we look like we have built a strong team that should compete for the playoffs, especially when Tolo returns in December.
Yes was a great game last weekend against the Lynx, if you keep playing the way your going def can see you in the top 4.

came up against a brick wall that is the Boomers last night, Missing the Swag heaps but was just eaten alive with the offesive boards, see how we go when we play them next. great too see the kids get a run in the last few mins their enthusiasm was really good.

Yes was a great game last weekend against the Lynx, if you keep playing the way your going def can see you in the top 4.

came up against a brick wall that is the Boomers last night, Missing the Swag heaps but was just eaten alive with the offesive boards, see how we go when we play them next. great too see the kids get a run in the last few mins their enthusiasm was really good.

Thought Kelsey Griffin was brilliant last week, and Kia Nurse was good for a half, but other than that we were a little disappointing. Defensively we were strong in the second and third quarter, but our 4th quarter was poor. The difference in the end was McPhee, we did well for three quarters keeping her quiet, but the fourth quarter she was unstoppable.

The Lynx have built a very strong team and should have a good shot this season.

Was out of town so I didn't get to see the Lynx this round, which I'm not too unhappy about. Talk about a reality check. We were without Schwag, but they were without Talbot & Magbegor and still destroyed us in our own building. On the plus side Sportsbet were paying an insane $3.05 for a Boomers win.
Was nice to hear today that Tolo is expected back in 3 weeks. If it's anything other than a Melbourne-Canberra grand final series I will be pretty surprised. (Assuming no major injuries of course. Speaking of which … how cursed are the Flames? They finally get Tupaea back and they lose Bunton again)
Kelsey Griffin is such an awesome competitor. I just love the way she goes about it. Just needs to tone down the 3 point shooting a tad IMO, as she's too streaky to go to it too often. But yeah a few teammates of hers need to step up and the Caps will be just fine. Leilani Mitchell is taking longer to get going than I anticipated, but if she does then it will go a long way towards lifting the team another level.

Was out of town so I didn't get to see the Lynx this round, which I'm not too unhappy about. Talk about a reality check. We were without Schwag, but they were without Talbot & Magbegor and still destroyed us in our own building. On the plus side Sportsbet were paying an insane $3.05 for a Boomers win.
Was nice to hear today that Tolo is expected back in 3 weeks. If it's anything other than a Melbourne-Canberra grand final series I will be pretty surprised. (Assuming no major injuries of course. Speaking of which … how cursed are the Flames? They finally get Tupaea back and they lose Bunton again)
Kelsey Griffin is such an awesome competitor. I just love the way she goes about it. Just needs to tone down the 3 point shooting a tad IMO, as she's too streaky to go to it too often. But yeah a few teammates of hers need to step up and the Caps will be just fine. Leilani Mitchell is taking longer to get going than I anticipated, but if she does then it will go a long way towards lifting the team another level.
yeah Lucky you missed that one just terrible, there was a few good performances but they were very loose on the outside and conceded 3's too much. could grab the defensive boards, players just dont seem ready for laurnens passes. Love watching maddie play but wish she back herself a bit more and pop some baskets in

Thats a shame. Didn't know much about all that until I read your post, then article on foxsports. Saw them play against Boomers on Sunday and they played with a lot of fight.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
they got an ok team just sounds like they dont know how to market or struggling to work out how to, the league is actually so strong ATM

A lot of blood was spilt in Perth last weekend, but it was the victims who were fined.:mad:
Karma can be a bitch sometimes, I hope it will be this season.:)

Anyway, Marianna Tolo makes her return for the Capitals this weekend, after her second knee reconstruction earlier in the year.
The Caps have been really good this season to date, hopefully the return of our Opals Centre will be a huge boost for the second of the season and solidify our place in the top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back