WNCL 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
It's rare for me to post in this section of the forum, but Victoria are playing NSW in a 50-over game at the Junction Oval today. It's actually a double header with the second game on Friday, as the start of the season was postponed due to border closures.

Cricket Victoria is not allowing crowds to attend, but the game is being streamed on cricket.com.au.

Might be worth a look as there are plenty of internationals playing, and Ellyse Perry comes up against her old side for the first time.

Haynes off to a flier and the commentators already brought up the Stars' collapse in the WBBL final against the Thunder hehe

Victoria's bowling depth is fantastic

Victoria dominated both games in the end, and NSW aren't even a bad side (just inexperienced). Good learning experience for the young Thunder players in the team after tasting success in the WBBL. Have a feeling Villani and Lanning were keen to prove a point after the Stars' failure in the WBBL final.

Victoria dominated both games in the end, and NSW aren't even a bad side (just inexperienced). Good learning experience for the young Thunder players in the team after tasting success in the WBBL. Have a feeling Villani and Lanning were keen to prove a point after the Stars' failure in the WBBL final.

usually it's the other way around

Well if Elyse Villani wanted to prove that she tends to only score relatively trivial runs, that point has already been made loud and clear repeatedly for the last 10 years.

As for Meg Lanning, hopefully she realises her batting ability was not the major issue in the WBBL final. On that front, there's nothing left for her to prove (at least in white ball cricket).

Sarah Coyte just casually turning up for a game with Tasmania? A'ight.

Meanwhile Belinda Vakarewa, who has always looked like a genuine no.11 to me, must be putting some hours into her batting. Scored a breakthrough First Grade half-century last month against Clarence (match-winning unbeaten knock, at that), a new WNCL best of 27 off 24 balls in a low-scoring one-run win last week against WA, and timed a few to the boundary late this afternoon to force a tie.

Admittedly Hannah Darlington missed the mark regularly in the last over but, at 19yo in her first game as captain of NSW, the delivery to dismiss a rampaging Heather Graham serves as a reminder of her imminence as Australia's best death bowler since the aforementioned Coyte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banting couldn’t be averaging much more than 5 in any format.
WBBL: 5.85 from 17 innings
WNCL: 16.86 from 35 innings (which includes a breakout season in 2019/20, scoring 223 runs at an average of 44.6)

Does anyone have access to a list of the all time WNCL run scorer stats? Doesn't look like cricinfo has ever kept track of women's domestic List A stats.

Does anyone have access to a list of the all time WNCL run scorer stats? Doesn't look like cricinfo has ever kept track of women's domestic List A stats.
Someone does, but not me. I've hesitated in putting one together because I feel like cricinfo will release it all with a flick of the wrist as soon as I've finished putting hours into it. OR they already have released it all somewhere on their website but, unlike WBBL stats, they aren't as easy to find.

These are stats up to the end of the 2006 calendar year:

And now they just need to be combined with the readily available season-by-season stats from 2007 onwards, such as:

There are other incomplete sources, like this document which covers up to the end of the 2011/12 season:
WNCL Records

And Cricket NSW has all-time records for the Breakers under the "Statistics" link on this page (and, in the actual "2019/20 Annual Report" link, Haynes' entire WNCL stats--including games played for Vic--are listed so it's not like there aren't easily accessible records for the powers-that-be):

Vic girls fantastic start chasing 235 to win from Queensland.

Atm,0-62 in the middle of the 8th over!

Is this the last match for Vic before losing half of their best team to national duties and NZ?

Wonderful innings from Madeline Penna today for the Meteors, 118 from 100 balls. ACT looked in trouble early but finished with a credible 6/275.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back