Wobbies World

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure many of you remember this theme park back in the day:

I was just wondering - did any of you actually go there? What were your experiences like? I'm sure there are some interesting stories! Never been there myself as a kid, but I wanted to know if all the talk of it being so s**t is actually true. Or at the very least, terrible as it was made out to be.

Went there once, only thing I remember from it was the Helicopter you sat in and steered, and it just span in circles. I remember enjoying that a lot. We were like the only people there though...

I went once in '91, TV flogged its ad so much (namely Channel 10 as the studio was just further down Springvale Rd at the time) that any kid living in the eastern suburbs was bound to nag their parents enough to warrant a visit.

I hardly remember much of it... a tree house, mini golf, trampolines, sand pit, a few slow moving lame rides

it was no Disneyland

Went there once, only thing I remember from it was the Helicopter you sat in and steered, and it just span in circles. I remember enjoying that a lot. We were like the only people there though...

Both my kids had their birthday parties there one year, all the kids loved it, especially that stupid helicopter ride.

It was pretty crap, but for some reason the kids enjoyed it & that's all that matters.

Most holidays I went there. At least once, sometimes more.

I enjoyed it at the time but looking back it was pretty horrific. For some reason I really enjoyed sitting on the plane from the 70's that was placed there for no apparent reason.

Remember this vivdly. Used to go there is the grandparents back in the mid 90s before it got shut down for being unprofitable (now how the *&^% could that be I wonder?).

The first time I went there I had a lot of fun.

The second time I went there I remembered it was very similar to the first time I went there.

The third time I went there I was 10 and had been to the Gold Coast. Never went back.

I remember going there once, most of the rides and stuff in the ads weren't even working. The helicoptor was one of the few things that was going. Place could never operate nowadays with current safety standards

Yes, loved going to Wobbies World when I was around 10 years old. The helicopter ride was a favourite. Also loved going to Gumbuya Park, the mini cars were awesome.

The Bombers had a family day there in the late 80's, my kids loved that too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i live some 3 mins tops from there. it will be the site for a Forest Hill cop shop.

Was about to say the same thing...it's a part of the Healesville Fwy reservation, which is going to be sold off (only the section between Springvale Rd and Eastlink).

Never went there, but remember growing up that at first it seemed really good, then got less interesting the older I became..

No match for Pissweak World

hqdefault.jpg

pissweak.jpg

God I miss the Late Show.

Live about 5 minutes from there, despite growing up in the 90s never went, somehow I don't think I've missed out.

Also loved going to Gumbuya Park, the mini cars were awesome.

I broke my arm there when I was 11, drove one of their little quad bikes into a fence. :oops:

Didn't live far from there growing up, remember my parents refusing to ever go saying it was a waste of money etc. Pretty much as a small kid it was one of my biggest disappointments but now I'm older and can look back on videos etc. God that place looked shitty, it's no wonder we never went...

Still that fake castle has been there for ages, heard they couldn't demolish it or some bs, supposedly going to be a cop shop now but that signs been up for ages with no signs of progress... They should incorporate that fake castle into it, perhaps make it into the drunk tank or something.

Even as a very young child I couldn't understand why anyone would go pay money to sit a helicopter that never becomes airborne.

Watching those ad's has never made me more glad to live in the present.

That said, I remember being totally psyched to go there, and loving every moment of it. Maybe I was just easily amused as...

WOAH, A BLUE CAR!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back