Premiership Player
May 23, 2001
In a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Oakland Raiders
"Tragedy, when the feelings gone and you can't go on... Its Tragedy..."

Well, maybe its not quite that melodramatic, but my heart certainly sank a rung or ten in the chest when I read about McPharlin's health problems in today's paper! I thought it was bad enough when he had to sit out most of this season, but now we have the very real possibility of the exciting youngster missing most or all of next year as well! Bloody osteo pubis... I'd never even heard of it two years ago and now it seems like every fourth player is coming down with it. I hope we're not entering into a fresh injury epidemic like the one the game faced with knee injuries during the 90s. Perhaps its a reflection on the extra stress associated with meeting the high athletic standards asked of young footballers in the contemporary age? Who Knows!

At any rate, it is sad news for both player and club. Luke was really coming along nicely early in the season and I was thinking that he was looming as a genuine Norwich smokey until he was forced out after the Essendon debacle. His ability to hold down ket forward and defensive posts made him a very valuable player indeed and his impending unavailability will surely impact upon planning for season 2002 :(

Kevin

really bad

Just like to send my condolences to Luke. We will really miss him as a valuable asset to our team if he is out next season. Its a shame to see such a promising young talent go down injured so early in his career. Good luck Luke and we hope you get back next year. GO HAWKS!!

Rob

Sad to see. AWESOME (potential) TALENT this kid. Really hope not only for the Clubs sake but also for Lukes that he can get over this and showcase just how good he can become.

Very trying times of late, hopefully its a one off season.

So is he definately out for next season?

If so, it would be a severe blow to our progress towards a flag. He was looming as a real key player who could be thrown forward or back. Plus, he is a real nice bloke too...

Poor bastard. Get well soon Super Luke...

The Hitman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back