Woewodin Vs Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne are in the running for Nick Stevens only a year after trading Shane Woewodin for "salary cap reasons" I'm assuming Stevens will cost more than Woewoden would have wanted.......so what happened there? ,
I was just wondering if you had the choice between the two who would you pick?

Originally posted by AirportWest #17
Melbourne are in the running for Nick Stevens only a year after trading Shane Woewodin for "salary cap reasons" I'm assuming Stevens will cost more than Woewoden would have wanted.......so what happened there? ,
I was just wondering if you had the choice between the two who would you pick?

I'm not going to explain AGAIN how we have plenty of salary cap room. Work it out yourself if you have any brains.

Stevens

Daylight

More Daylight

Yet More Daylight

Woewodin.

I would personally pick Stevens.....Woewodin is soft and slow, add to the fact that he is a front runner (see both his grand final appearances) is good when the team is winnning. Stevens is a hard running, hard nut that would be a good captain one day. If i was Melbourne, i would try as hard as possible to get him!

Is this thread a joke? WoeWoeful is a shocker. He is not a big game player. Personally i would prefer to have Kingsley Hunter!

the funny thing is, Woeys contract is gonna prevent the pies from getting Stevens

and Stevens will come to us

once again, thanks Collingwood

thats funny as we have about $900,000... so if he wants that then u can have him. stevens isnt worth anymore than $400,000 and thats being nice. look at his finals games. nearly as bad as woeys. choke choke choke. rather brown or power. would be nice to have stevens as your no.3 midfilder, but at melb he would be there only good midfielder.

Originally posted by grinspoon
but at melb he would be there only good midfielder.

Yeah, your absolutely right, in fact all of our midfielders are so crap the next time we play your team (not sure who that is) you won't have to tag Yze or Johnstone. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
the funny thing is, Woeys contract is gonna prevent the pies from getting Stevens

and Stevens will come to us

once again, thanks Collingwood

Actually he won't. We were playing under the salary cap this year (from what I understand), and we have Bucks going onto the veterans list, and a few guys retiring or being delisted.
We have plenty of room for him.

Although getting back to the original question, Melbourne said that they traded Woewodin because of Salary Cap reasons and they had out of contract players. Woewodin was getting $500,000 a year (Melbourne revealed this), and Woewodin offered to take a paycut and it still wasn't enough for Melbourne to be able to afford him and the rest of their list. And don't forget they pay $80,000 a year of his contract for the duration of his contract, which is part of your salary cap.

And the price that you were paying Woewodin is around what you will have to pay Stevens. So how can you afford him under your Salary Cap this year? We aren't talking about talent, or who you believe is more talented, we are talking purely financial and on that score they are almost even.

Woewodin had a contract paying him well over his worth.

Stevens doesn't.

Makes a reasonable difference. You don't have to pay Stevens more than you think he is worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back