Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Potatoes have no gender. And soon, nearly 70 years (sic), the name of Hasbro’s popular spud-shaped toy will reflect that: No more Mr. Potato Head. It’s just Potato Head.​
On Thursday, the company announced it would be rebranding the iconic quick-change toy to break away from traditional ideas about gender roles and family structures - celebrating the wedding and subsequent anniversaries of “Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head,” selling boxed sets of the couple and their offspring, “Spud” and “Yam.”​
The “sweet spot” for the Potato Head toy is about two or three years old​

Midwives have been told to stop using terms including "breastfeeding" and “breastmilk” as part of a new trans-friendly policy at an NHS trust.​
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) NHS Trust is the first in the country to formally implement a gender inclusive language policy for its maternity services department — which will now be known as "perinatal services".​
Staff have been told to avoid using the word “mothers” on its own and have been given a list of alternative terms to use when addressing patients including "mothers or birthing parents", "breast/chestfeeding" and "maternal and parental".​
Instead of saying "breastmilk", they can choose from "human milk" or "breast/chestmilk" or "milk from the feeding mother or parent".​
The guidance from BHSU follows a 2017 dictate from the British Medical Association which said pregnant women should not be called "expectant mothers" but "pregnant people" as it could offend intersex and transgender men.​

You've probably never been employed by a major company where you are encouraged (possibly socially pressured) to attend a course that encourages you to be 'less white'.

View attachment 1066114
Should we start tanning? I'm not talking Sam Newman levels, but should we all aim to meet in the middle somewhere as a half strength (decaf) almond late? Can you be too black, or is it just too white?

I'm 46, and by the time I was 13 my friends, and even non-friends, theirs and my skin color didn't matter.

Sounds like a lot of noise for no reason, when we should be aiming for less noise.

I'm 46, and by the time I was 13 my friends, and even non-friends, theirs and my skin color didn't matter.

Because.......................it doesn't matter.

The "anti-racists" are the new racists.

The imposition of victimhood on an entire race.............is................RACISM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really quite bizarre and heading (/trending/:\>backwards.

Postmodernism is the seed of this bullshit.

Common sense has been flipped on its head, up is now down & down is now up.

The irrational are taking over society and civilization is under threat.

These videos best sum up the issue with woke politics/cancel culture.

In regards to Mr Potato Head: The brand released a Mrs Potato head decades ago. Whether Hasbro has bowed to pressure or not remains unclear, however rebranding to "Potato Head" incorporating "Mr" & "Mrs" seems reasonable.

It seems reasonable to give kids a wide range of toys to play with. Girls just playing with dolls and kitchens and boys with guns and cars may limit their development and perpetuate unhealthy gender stereotypes. This movement has been hijacked by radicals though.

The comments on the post are scary, and it is difficult to tell real from parody. I keep needing to remind myself that twitter is not the real world.

These are all things I am hearing about for the first time and I am really, really, furiously indifferent.

Stop being so white. You need to be actively critical of your skin colour.. even if you're not white, what you wrote sounds white so its racist. And its written on a white background.. coincidence..i think not!

If i could change the background on this text box then i would. Just sayin..

The casual racism on this thread is ridiculous.

Opinions on woke politics from a white male... lol.. I'm Not Listening!!! It doesn't matter what he says or thinks.

I know you’re joking.

He is a classic trump hating lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know you’re joking.

He is a classic trump hating lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wokism is the new religion. Embrace it all even if you know it doesnt make sense.. or you're an outcast.

The funny thing I find is that my most woke mates are the same people who used to be the most anti-religous.. and now they are in this awkward point where they won't criticise even the most ridiculous woke nonsense.. for fear of being sent to woke hell... which if you haven't guessed is being labelled a racist.

Say your daily welcome to countries or you're off to woke hell!

Last edited:
Wokism is the new religion. Embrace it all even if you know it doesnt make sense.. or you're an outcast.

The funny thing I find is that my most woke mates are the same people who used to be the most anti-religous.. and now they are in this awkward point where they won't criticise even the most ridiculous woke nonsense.. for fear of being sent to woke hell.
The anti-religous woke are really only anti-christianity or anti-juadism. It is doesn't fit the narrative to criticise the others regardless of whether you have a consistent position across the board.

The anti-religous woke are really only anti-christianity or anti-juadism. It is doesn't fit the narrative to criticise the others regardless of whether you have a consistent position across the board.

Absolutely.. on every other religion you remain silent.

The other thing Pie points out about corporate support of this nonsense which is so true.. there is no easier shortcut to build your profile in a large organisation that getting in behind one of these causes.. it doesnt cost you a thing and no one will dare challenge you. I've done it myself but it's not like I believe in it.. but what's the downside? Do the senior members of the Chinese Communist party believe in communism? It's just a way to get up the chain..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back